It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian disclosure: “UFO Found” and other documents/photos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+222 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Section 1 : Introduction

If you were a government official, how would you react to receiving an official memo with a title beginning “UFO found …”?

What if the memo also referred to a metal fragment, examination of which “revealed the exhibit had likely formed part of a vehicle that travelled in outer space”, and attached relevant photographs?

Well, one Canadian official received such a memo in November 1968. Here it is (and it is discussed in Section 3 below - along with related memos and photos of the metal fragment).

I do not recall seeing any discussion of this memo in any of the ufo books I’ve read (which number somewhere above 1,000 books) or any articles. I’ve only found one very brief reference on the Sask Files website to the memo.

data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dbfb62032a7.jpg[/atsimg]

This is just one of thousands of pages of UFO documents released by the Canadian government.

You may not have heard about the the disclosed UFO Canadian documents being made available online. It didn’t get much publicity and – judging from the relative lack of comments on memos such as the one above – the Canadian UFO documents have not been read by many people.

One of the possible reasons for the Canadian documents generating relatively little discussion (apart from the fact that ufology is dominated by authors and researchers from the USA) is that the relevant Canadian government website does not have an option for downloading the entirety of the UFO files.

However, with the right software, it is in fact quite easy to download all most (and possibly all) of the the disclosed Canadian documents. I outline the method I used in Section 2 below. I’d be grateful for a bit of help in relation to the gaps I mention in that section. This should be a relatively short task if shared between a few people.

(Downloading the larger collection of American UFO documents which have been disclosed is much harder - as is currently being discussed in another of my threads, Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS. While an ATS member, Xtraeme, is working on a promising method of downloading the American documents (see his relevant posts about writing a screen-scraping macro), I haven’t got the technical ability to assist him and I don’t think any other member of ATS has offered to help Xtraeme. I have found the absence of any volunteers to assist Xtraeme a bit disappointing…)

In the other sections below, I give a few samples of the Canadian documents – with particular emphasis on a couple of relatively well-known Canadian UFO incidents (see Section 4 and Section 5).

This post is split into the following sections:

Section 1 : This introduction

Section 2 : How to download the disclosed Canadian files

Section 3 : The “UFO Found” memo and photos

Section 4 : Burnt by a UFO? The Falcon Lake incident

Section 5 : UFO crash? The Shag Harbour incident

Section 6 : Some other highlights from the Canadian UFO disclosure

Section 7 : Conclusion

Section 8 : References

Section 9 : Postscript

edit on 4-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Section 2 : How to download the disclosed Canadian files

An article at the link below indicates that the Canadian government put 9,500 UFO “files” (which I think should be 9,500 “pages”) online in 2009.

www.prweb.com...

The Toronto based independent news agency ZlandCommunications has learned that the Canadian government under the leadership of the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister Stephen Harper has provided open web access to approximately 9,500 UFO files at its archive web site, Library and Archives Canada.

The title of Canada's X-Files release is - Canada's UFOs: Search for the Unknown. This broad-based discharge of previously sequestered information on UFOs differs significantly in content, form and method of release than those of other countries.

The British Ministry of Defense (MoD) and the French and Danish governments released their UFO files in 2007, 2008 and 2009 amidst extensive international press coverage. The Canadian government's release of its 9,500 UFO files, initially in August 2005 and then in December 2007 was a quiet affair - with no international announcement or press coverage. Only a mere handful of dedicated Canadian UFO researchers were aware of the released files.

Why the Canadian government chose to release its UFO files with no public media notification is still unclear.

The disclosed Canadian UFO files can be found on the website of the “Library and Archives Canada” (a Canadian government website) at the link below:
www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

That website includes documents from the Department of Transport, Department of National Defence, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the National Research Council.
The “Library and Archives Canada” website includes a helpful search page and you can browse the collection by leaving all the fields blank and simply pressing “search”. Using that method, you can click on each of the records, but this is a fairly slow process (although nowhere near as slow and painful as browsing the Footnote.com website’s collection of American UFO documents on a bad day – see the thread entitled Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS.)

Unfortunately, the official Canadian website does not offer an option for downloading the entire collection of UFO documents.

However, each individual document can be accessed using URLs such as the one below (ending “/e/e110/e002744278.jpg”):

The images have URLs with blocks of consecutive numbering (e.g. URLs ending /e/e110/e002744278.jpg, /e/e110/e002744279.jpg, /e/e110/e002744280.jpg etc etc).

Once the relevant blocks are identified, they can be downloaded quickly and easily using various download managers. I used a free piece of software called “Flashget”.

You can download Flashget free here.

Once it is installed:

(1) Run Flashget,

(2) From the drop down menu next to “New”, select “Add Batch Download”,

(3) In the pop-up box that then appears, next to “URL” enter a URL such as the one above (i.e. data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/e/e110/e002744278.jpg) and replace the digits that change in the number 002744278 in front of the .jpg (e.g. the last four digits) with an asterisk in brackets, i.e. e00274(*).jpg,

(4) In the boxes for “from” and “to” enter the start and end numbers for the relevant block of documents and change the number of Wildcard bytes to 4. For example, for the first block of documents enter “from” 4278 and “to” 9999.

This image shows a copy of the relevant box on Flashget showing the entries made to download the first of the blocks of URLs indicated below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5238de824d78.jpg[/atsimg]

So far, I have identified the following relatively small number of blocks which account for some 8,044 (out of an expected total of 9,500) page of documentation, all of which start with the URL of data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca:

* from /e/e110/e002744278.jpg to /e/e110/e002749999.jpg

* from /e/e111/e002750306.jpg to /e/e111/e002751233.jpg

* from /e/e120/e002996914.jpg to /e/e120/e002996931.jpg

* from /e/e120/e002999664.jpg to /e/e120/e002999999.jpg

* from /e/e121/e003000001.jpg to /e/e121/e003001631.jpg

Assuming the press release highlighted above is approximately correct, there should be about another 1,500 pages. I have not made a determined effort to find them. So, if you are browsing the disclosed Canadian documents and find any page with a number outside these blocks – please post them in this thread.

It didn’t take very long for me to find the above blocks but it is a very boring job.

I’d hope that with a few other people experimenting with the relevant “Library and Archives Canada” search page it shouldn’t take too much time or effort to find the remaining blocks.

If helping to find the additional blocks of URLs sounds like too easy (or boring…) a task, if you have the technical expertise then you could offer to assist one ATS member, Xtraeme, in his work on a promising method of downloading the larger volume of American documents (see his relevant posts about writing a screen-scraping macro). As I mentioned in the introduction above, I haven’t got the technical ability to assist him and I don’t think any other member of ATS has offered to help Xtraeme.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Section 3 : The “UFO Found” memo and photos

A memo dated 14 November 1968 from the F Division of “CIB” (presumably the “Criminal Investigation Branch” of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police) entitled “UFO Found in Northern Saskatchewan” is one part of a set of documents and photos relating to a piece of metal:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dbfb62032a7.jpg[/atsimg]

That memo:

(a) is headed "UFO found in Northern Saskachewan" and

(b) states that "examination revealed the exhibit had likely formed part of a vehicle that travelled in outer space":

The related documents discuss various potential explanations and also include considerable number of photographs of the relevant piece of metal. They appear at the URLs ending e003000383 to e003000447 (see Section 2 above for a discussion of the various blocks of URLs).

The relevant documents indicate that a 99% titanium fragment with a white, ceramic-like crystaline material on one side was found in or around October 1968 (but tests indicated it had "been down for more than 90 days") in the Wollaston Lake area of Saskachewan, Canada.

The photos in that section of the file include the following (which have urls ending e003000429, e003000424, e003000435 and e003000408 respectively):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8df76a28c209.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04a2bf621fe1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/875af37dfeb5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c6f96f9a403.jpg[/atsimg]

The memo below dated 24 October 1968 states that the object was titanium (99% pure), 4 foot long and 2.5 feet wide, and weighed between 10 and 15 pounds (see document with URL ending e003000447). This would have been “the largest piece from a satellite that has ever landed on earth”. That memo indicates that a local newspaper, The Leader Post, was aware of the find. A handwritten annotation indicates the NRC should release information about the find, “including the fact that the RCMP lab identified the object” (although most of the memos about relevant investigations and attempts to identify the object were written after that date…).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e00c11a217d5.jpg[/atsimg]

I am not aware of any news story published by the newspaper mentioned in the memo dated 24 October 1968, i.e. The Leader Post, but that newspaper still has a website so I will contact them and see if I can obtain any further information.

A report dated 29 October 1968 gives the results of a determination of the chemical composition of the object, indicating it was “high purity titanium”:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ae682cfac4b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab4047b1611e.jpg[/atsimg]

An undated document entitled “Explanation of photographs” gives a detailed description of the views used to take each of the numerous photographs in the file and concludes with various notes and comments (on the page with the URL ending e003000400). Note D on that page indicates that “the contour of the sheet suggests that it was designed to have the shape of a frustrum of a cone” and that page also refers to rivets on the object.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44bc72d16fd5.jpg[/atsimg]

While various pages suggest that it had been suggested that the object was part of an aircraft or the nose cone of a missile, these two suggestions are rejected in the memo below dated 5 November 1968 (also entitled “UFO Found in Northern Saskatchewan”) on the basis that:

(1) the use of high purity titanium argues “against the possibility that this is a portion of an aircraft” and

(2) two officers from the Canadian Forces Base at Moose Jaw were confident it “did not correspond in design to any material which might be involved in the design of missiles of the types located on Canadian soil and such others in foreign service with which they were acquainted”.

That memo refers to the Chief of Upper Atmosphere Research at the National Research Council and representatives of the government and the Dominion Observatory having been made aware of the recovery of this material.

The document concludes that three possibilities still exist:

(a) it is part of a "Courier" satellite launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in the USA,

(b) it is part of a satellite launched from the USSR,

(c) it is part of the protective jacket in which the Canadian satellites " Allouette I and II" were launched,

This memo also comments that "if the identity of this material can be established as a satellite component it will constitute the largest element yet recovered on this continent and perhaps in the world". A copy of this memo dated 5 November 1968 is shown below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/305b5b71dee3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d34f97c980e6.jpg[/atsimg]

In relation to the first possibility mentioned in that memo, here is an image of the spherical “Courier” satellite:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4a5fdc76755.jpg[/atsimg]

In relation to the third possibility mentioned in that memo, I have not seen any images of the protective jacket in which the Allouette satellites were launched.

NASA has a webpage with some images of more recent reentry debris, which are included below for ease of reference:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/781de0147e1a.jpg[/atsimg]

Interestingly, the Center for Orbital and Reentry Debris Studies has a webpage which “lists the major pieces of recovered debris from space hardware reentries over the years”. That chronological list does not appear to include the debris found in Canada referred to above. Since that webpage asks readers to email with a description of recovered debris not appearing on that webpage, I have contacted the Center and it is looking into this debris.

I have also been in contact with Jim Oberg.

Hopefully, more information will be available soon.

Of course, if ATS members are able to find additional information first then that might save some other people a bit of effort (and possibly even portray the UFO community in a more positive light to at least a few people that may not think very highly of UFO research/researchers…).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
By way of a bit of fun, I started a separate thread recently entitled “Creating a picture of a UFO based on photos of a piece of debris?” in the “Member Art” forum of ATS and invited members to provide an illustration or two of their speculations as to what the intact "vehicle" of Section 3 above could have looked like. I mentioned that, as can be seen from the above details and photos of the piece 4 feet by 2.5 feet, some imagination would be necessary in this reconstruction...

One member, freelance_zenarchist accepted that challenge and his artwork appears below.

His initial versions of these illustrations included a film grain effect which I feared made them look TOO realistic. In particular, that effect may have made some people skimming this thread believe that they were photos found in the relevant Canadian files.

The image below is an artwork created by freelance_zenarchist to illustrate this thread
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8af517ee24b8.jpg[/atsimg]

The image below is an artwork created by freelance_zenarchist to illustrate this thread
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5178dcc75692.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44c323db5e85.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Section 4 : Burnt by a UFO? The Falcon Lake incident

As many of you may know Steve Michalak claimed to see, and be injured by, a UFO near Falcon Lake, Canada on 20 May 1967.

He claimed that a UFO landed near him in the woods, and that when he approached the object and touched it with his gloved hand, it soared away, its exhaust blast leaving a patterned burn on his abdomen and making him ill.

This has become one of the classic cases in the history of ufology. This incident is Case 50 in my "Top 100" article, since this case was referred to in 54 of the books covered by that article. This incident also featured in a document (“the Rockefeller Briefing Document”) endorsed by Dr Mark Rodeghier (President of CUFOS), Richard Hall (Chairman of FUFOR) and Walter Andrus (President of MUFON) as containing “the best available evidence for the existence of UFOs”.

The Falcon Lake incident has also been discussed in several threads on ATS (including “Get to close and you`ll get burned!!!!!!” and 1967 UFO Encounter, Falcon Lake (Canada) CE2 and has been covered in several UFO documentaries.

Several relevant videos can be found on Youtube, including the following segment from the Unsolved Mysteries TV series:

The Falcon Lake incident was one of the UFO incidents investigated as part of the famous (or infamous…) UFO study of headed by Dr Edward Condon of the University of Colorado in the 1960s. A member of the Condon team, Roy Craig, visited Canada as part of the investigation of this incident. As outlined below, the results of Roy Craigs’ investigation were detailed in the Condon Report. The Condon Report coverage does not refer to Michalak by name, but it is clearly Case 22 in the Condon report. Roy Craig subsequently devoted a chapter (Chapter 2, i.e. pages 14 to 27) of his own book to this incident. The relevant chapter can be read online – see “UFOs: an insider’s view of the official question” on Google Books.

Those interested can now read several sets of official Canadian documents relating to this incident.
I have found two blocks of documentation relating to this incident on the website discussed in Section 2 above, at URLs ending with numbers from e002749596 to e002749714 and from e002999671 to To e002999770. (I have also seen a few documents relating to this incident scattered through the files).

Various press clippings appear in the Canadian files and give an impression of the public interest in this particular case:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d442c36885b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a37394485ce.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94d002f1e518.jpg[/atsimg]

The disclosed Canadian files also include this drawing by Michalak

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5c8d0af9d0d.jpg[/atsimg]

A medical report on Michalak’s injuries appears in the Canadian files:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2f1d518e76d.jpg[/atsimg]

Photos of Michalak’s injury appear on numerous websites and can also be found in the official Candian files:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/473474b0766a.jpg[/atsimg]

A copy of a photo of Michalak’s abdomen appears on page 24 of Roy Craig’s own book, referred to above, (see “UFOs: an insider’s view of the official question” on Google Books). The relevant page is shown below for ease of reference.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2d671b6fb6d.jpg[/atsimg]

The undershirt shown in the bottom half of that page of Roy Craig’s own book is also discussed in the section relating to Case 22 in the Condon report:

The undershirt which Mr. A presented had been ripped apart in front, where it was burned. It also carried a patterned burn centered high on the back, the pattern matching, according to Mr. A, the pattern of the UFO's exhaust openings from which the burning vapors had spurted. Mr. A had been burned only on the abdomen, with slight singeing of the forehead. The reason for the presence of a patterned burn on the back of the undershirt was not obvious.

The point made by Roy Craig in the Condon Report about the patterned burn being on the back of the undershirt when Michalak had only been burned on the abdomen obviously impressed him, given that he highlights this point again in his book.

The disclosed Canadian files include several documents regarding radiation in relation to this incident, including the one below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/585432ddff3c.jpg[/atsimg]

The relevant pages in the Condon report includes two discussions of the radioactivity, including this section:

Samples of soil and moss from the area, portions of the burned shirt, and a six-foot measuring tape which Mr. A had left behind were brought to city A. All three were radioactive. When sent to city B for analysis, they were found to be so strongly radioactive that the Radiation Protection Division of the Dept. of Health and Welfare considered restricting entry to the forest area from which they allegedly were taken. A careful check of the site by a representative of this department revealed that the perimeter of the "landing circle" and beyond were free of radioactive contamination. According to his report:

“A thorough survey of the landing area was carried out, using a Tracerlab SU14, Admiral Radiac 5016, and a Civil Defense CDV 700 survey meter. One small area was found to be contaminated. This was located across the crown of the rock. There was a smear of contamination about 0.5 x 8.0 inches on one side of the crack. There was also some lichen and ground vegetation contaminated just beyond the smear. The whole contaminated area was no larger than 100 square inches. All water runoff areas were checked for possible contamination, but nothing was found”.

No representative of an independent or official agency was present when the circular area alleged to be the landing site was rediscovered. In spite of an RCMP understanding with Mr. A that no evidence should be removed from the area should he relocate it, radioactive soil samples, (fortuitously selected from the small contaminated area), remnants of cloth, and the measuring tape were represented as having been removed from the area. Why the cloth remnants and the tape were radioactive was never explained. While these items could have been contaminated by contact with the soil samples, reports received by the project indicated that the items were in separate plastic bags, and major contamination would not be expected. The partially-burned undershirt had earlier been found not to carry radioactive contamination. The tape would have been left some 160 ft. from the landing circle, in an area found to be free of radioactive contamination.

Other individuals checked the site for radioactivity later. One of these was Mr. E. J. Epp of city A, who searched the site in Fall of 1967 and found no radioactive material. At the project's suggestion, he had the records of the Dept. of Mines and Natural Resources searched for mineral claims in the area filed by Mr. A. This was requested because of the possibility that Mr. A had deliberately misdirected the earlier searches in order to protect mineral claims. Such claims were filed by him, but not until later in the Fall.

The [Condon] project never received a final report of the analyses of the soil samples taken by the Dept. of Health and Welfare. The origin of this material is therefore an open question.

The Canadian files contain a complete (if rather poorly photocopied) copy of a commercial publication of Michalak’s story in a booklet, beginning at the URL ending e002749658:

A better copy of the front page of that booklet (and a couple of the photos inside it) can be found at this link and is shown below:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e45fdc47a1f.jpg[/atsimg]

The Condon report made the following comments in relation to this booklet

“This account differs in some aspects from Mr. A's original reports. In the booklet, for example, Mr. A is reported to have stuck his head into the open hatch of the "saucer" and observed a maze of randomly flashing lights inside the craft. In earlier accounts, Mr. A stated that he avoided going near the hatch and was unable to see inside it because of the brightness of the light coming from it. The account was chronologically jumbled, and showed a carelessness with fact.”

The official Canadian files also include a multiple-page transcript of an interview of Michalak by the RCMP, the first page of which is shown below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b196bd8973db.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Section 5 : UFO crash? The Shag Harbour incident

The Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia incident occurred on 4 October 1967, involving claims that a UFO descended into the water. The Wikipedia entry in relation to this incident includes the following:

The Shag Harbour UFO Incident was the reported impact of an unknown large object into waters near Shag Harbour, a tiny fishing village in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia on October 4, 1967.

The impact was investigated by various civilian (Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Coast Guard) and military (Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Canadian Air Force) agencies of the Government of Canada. The RCN conducted at least one underwater search to attempt to locate the remains of any associated objects. The Government of Canada declared that no known aircraft was involved and the source of the impact remains unknown to this day. It is one of very few cases where government agency documents have formally declared an unidentified flying object was involved.

This incident is the subject of a book entitled “Dark Object” (2001) by Don Ledger and Chris Styles. It has also been covered in several threads on ATS (Jkrog08’s thread UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967) and in several documentaries. Those documentaries include the History Channel’s documentary entitled “Canada’s Roswell” (which formed part of the 2006 season of the “UFO Files” series):

The disclosed Canadian files include documents relating to the Shag Harbour incident at URLs ending with e002749390 onwards.

A few of the relevant documents are shown below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01a4fbe422c1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02a06ff4514b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cb1773fb4c3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12f1fc24e901.jpg[/atsimg]

The Shag Harbour documentary above makes a considerable amount out of the fact that the last of the memos shown above has a handwritten annotation stating “UFO”, which is underlined several times. I wonder what the producers of that documentary would have said about the memos in Section 3 above which begin with the title “UFO found …” and there are actually photos of the relevant object!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Section 6 : Some other highlights from the Canadian UFO disclosure

If you read a few thousand of the the disclosed Canadian documents, you will see why various Canadian officials (like various American and British counterparts) wanted to avoid any responsibility relating to UFO reports and to pass such responsibilities on to other departments. Frankly, there is a heck of a lot of dross in the Canadian UFO files…

For example, quite a few of the reports relate to meteors and to the 1960s equivalent of a Chinese Lantern. Just to stress that such objects are NOT a new or rare cause of UFO reports, here is small sample of relevant documents from the disclosed Canadian documents:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36d86381e671.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee267b32e998.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee4bc8feb7ae.jpg[/atsimg]

Some of the other documents contain accounts that are, on their face, a bit more exotic.

For example, the account below involves a report of horses having “been struck by a beam of light from a UFO”:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dce73f59757.jpg[/atsimg]

Paragraph 5 of this memo appears to envisage a (very brief) official contingency plan “should the Flying Saucer actually make a landing on Canadian territory”, requiring the nearest RCAF Command to be advised immediately:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c197ddf2d9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Due to the (fairly considerable) length of this thread, I will avoid including images of the following additional documents that caught my eye:
e002751015: November 1962 “terrific explosion”
e002749198: Shaking camper
e002749501: Memo re Condon
e002750916: 1952 UFO Committee name: “Project Theta”
e002996923: Project Second Storey
e002749272: Canadian API Committee
e002749229: amateur astronomer
e002749361: something unexplained
e002749789: Condon letter page 1
e002749790: Condon letter page 2

By the way, I’ve started taking notes of pages in French – just to pass on to French colleagues for their novelty value. So far, I’ve noted pages with URLs ending in e002748140, e002748585, e002748611, e002748612, e002748617, e002749709 and e002749714. If you happen to spot more, let me know in this thread or by U2U and I’ll add them to the list which I’ll be passing on to French colleagues.

To be added to the relevant entry in my database of infamous alien photos is the following copy of a well-known (hoaxed) alien photo which somehow managed to get into the Canadian files (in addition to the other official files which I have already noted in the relevant entry in my database):

link   

Section 7 : Conclusion

This article is NOT about proving (or disproving) the existence of alien visitors to Earth. It has three objectives:

(1) To show that the Canadian government (like various other governments) has already disclosed a considerable volume of documentation relating to UFOs.

(2) To show that, despite the huge number of books that have been written about UFOs and websites/forums that discuss UFOs, there are many documents (some of which are fairly interesting, many of which are not) that have not made it into the discussion in such books. It does NOT take a great amount of effort to find new documentation relating to some classic cases or documentation relating to incidents that have not been discussed in any UFO book. Ok, it does take a bit of effort – but not a great amount…

(3) To encourage members of ATS to help find efficient ways of downloading such documents. As discussed in Section 2 above, there are probably some blocks of Canadian documents which my limited efforts have not uncovered which could be found with a fairly small amount of effort if several people were involved. More significantly, I hope to encourage people to offer to assist one ATS member, Xtraeme, in his work on a promising method of downloading the larger volume of American documents (see his relevant posts about writing a screen-scraping macro), I haven’t got the technical ability to assist him and I don’t think any other member of ATS has offered to help Xtraeme.

I have not sought to give an exhaustive overview of the Canadian documents (or related projects and individuals, such as Wilbert B Smith). For a good review of Canadian cases and a concise history of Canadian projects, I can recommend “The Canadian UFO Report” by Chris Rutkowski and Geoff Dittman, available from Amazon at the link below (see also Section 8 below for some relevant references):
www.amazon.ca...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6618dc33ea0b.jpg[/atsimg]

Much of that book can be read free online on Google Books at this link (although personally I much prefer having an old-fashioned printed copy…).

link   

Section 8 : References

After reading approximately 1,000 UFO books, I have gathered fairly long list of references to discussion of some of the documents and incidents mentioned above.

Rather than include long list of references here, I will simply include a few links below to pages on an early draft of my website which have tables containing those references for those interested in finding discussions in UFO books of some of the material mentioned above. Some tables have hundreds of references. Those tables can be sorted by sorted by author, date and length of discussion by clicking on the relevant word in the top line of the table, making them more useful than merely cutting and pasting the relevant text here.

Condon Report
www.isaackoi.com...

Michalak / Falcon Lake encounter:
www.isaackoi.com...

Project Magnet:
www.isaackoi.com...

Project Second Storey:
www.isaackoi.com...

Shag Harbour:
www.isaackoi.com...

Wilbert B Smith:
www.isaackoi.com...

Wilbert B Smith’s memo dated 21st November 1950:
www.isaackoi.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Section 9 : Postcript

While on the topic of things Canadian, here are a couple of videos of William Shatner. I’ll be returning to the subject of William Shatner shortly as part of a relatively long thread I’m finishing on celebrities and UFOs. (I’d be prepared to wager that nobody can guess the names of some of the other celebrities to be covered in that thread…)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow that is a lot of info. Now you have giving me something to do this weekend.... oh crap I have to work.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nice to see someone's been busy, S + F! Please try and mention Jimi Hendrix' UFO experience in the celebrity thread

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Please try and mention Jimi Hendrix' UFO experience in the celebrity thread

Ok, I'll add something about that to the thread I'm writing - but it's already quite long...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Please try and mention Jimi Hendrix' UFO experience in the celebrity thread

Ok, I'll add something about that to the thread I'm writing - but it's already quite long...

All the best,

Isaac

Ok, well if you can't then no probs, but as celebrities go, he's probably one of the more talented ones, if the emphasis is on celebs of course.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I remember seeing a documentary with Dan Akroyd about UFO's,I think it was a full feature dvd if I remember correctly,he is also canadian and very funny.

Anyhow,this is an excellent thread,it will take a while for me to get through it all,but this is certainly the best UFO thread I've seen in quite a while.I always enjoyed the Shag Harbour case,but much of this is new to me, and I always like seeing official documents on the matter.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSouszay
I remember seeing a documentary with Dan Akroyd about UFO's,I think it was a full feature dvd if I remember correctly,he is also canadian and very funny.

Presumably you have in mind his documentary entitled "Unplugged on UFOs" which you can see on Youtube. The first part is embedded below.

If you click on that video and go to Youtube, the related parts of that documentary should appear on the right hand side of your screen.

Anyhow,this is an excellent thread,it will take a while for me to get through it all,but this is certainly the best UFO thread I've seen in quite a while.

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully it will encourage people to download the Canadian documents (and help find the missing blocks of URLs) or contribute the efforts in relation to the larger collection of documents released in the USA.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Great work, thanks!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
Great work, thanks!

Thanks for the kind words. I hope the content is of interest to members of ATS and that a few of them participate in one or more of the challenges outlined in Section 2 (relating to the missing block(s) of URLs for the Canadian files and the harder job in relation to the documents from the USA).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
S&F for a great effort, very informative and plenty of keys to unlock many more doors, Thankyou for your time and effort. If disclosure is to come about it will be thanks to people like you and not these airheads who just out to make a name and a quick buck for themselves. I look forward to anybody else's additions to this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Absolutely impressive, Isaac!

Thanks for this work.
Justin (Jkrog08) would be proud of your job!
S&F!

edit on 4-8-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join