It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian disclosure: “UFO Found” and other documents/photos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
Excellent work!!!! S&F!!! This thread is the most thourogh well thought out piece of work I have seen in a long time.

Thanks for the kind words. In terms of being thorough, hopefully some of the gaps I identified in Section 2 above will be filled in with a bit of help from other members of ATS.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Now Canada... nearest rich country to the USA.

There is a reason why they reveal these old secrets now. While it's still hard to ascertain, I feel that we are getting really warm.

What worries me in all this... that these secret files are very old, and many, many important developments may have happened since then.

The nature of these developments is what worries me, because the power elite may very well have established very dangerous dealings with the "aliens" whatever they are. If not, then why was the US Air Force so willing to "play down" the phenomena? I don't think it's just to avoid mass panic.

The more I look into this, the more it's likely that these UFOs are something else than extraterrestrial. Something much more disturbing, closer to the ancient texts and religions...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Demons and evil underworld spirts desguised as light beings from distant planets?

Extrapolate further on your theory please.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion why was the US Air Force so willing to "play down" the phenomena?

In relation to your comment that the US Air Force played down the phenomena, you may be interested in the Canadian document at the link below:

data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

That Canadian memo states at the end of the first paragraph that "the present USAF policy is to play down the subject".

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I found something sort of interesting, from around page 407:

www.tinyurl.com...

Canada co-operates with the united states for the investigation of reports of unidentified flying objects. If a report warrants investigation, the investigation is conducted by Air Defence Command. In the normal course of the events, NORAD Headquarter would recieve a copy of the report.

So the states just takes over completely for important cases. I wonder if they do the same thing with mexico.. they'd have the whole area under control

There was another case I found around page 350, where there were multiple reports of an object that was bright and crashed into the ground. Hunters found it, it was a cone shaped object but was later identified as a "chaff dispenser tank" from an aircraft. But after doing some checking they found out that no canadian aircraft had been over that area (and nobody else was supposed to be) when it was spotted falling from the sky.

So maybe it's just the americans doing what they want and taking charge of the 'real' investigations in order to keep their operations quiet? Most of the 'crashing' stories I've read though sound like meteorites. People didn't have youtube back then to know what one looked like for the first time it happens to them

Though I've noticed pretty much every report has multiple witnesses scattered around town, and on many of the reports they note something like "Mr *civilian* is an intelligent and reliable person", giving credibility to the event.
edit on 4-8-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think there's a limit of 2000 results for each search.

If that limitation is true, I don't know how can we have access to those.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You really out did yourself Isac. I wish everyone would put threads that look like this

big star, big flag

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think there's a limit of 2000 results for each search.

Well, by using the method of identifying blocks of URL numbers for the relevant images I used one command on Flashget to download one block which had about 5,000 pages in it (by far the largest block). After downloading the blocks I listed in Section 2, and the additional block you identified, I think we are about 1,000 pages short - which may be one block or (more likely) a few smaller blocks.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I hardly ever log on anymore, but I had to for this one.
Great job, Isaac. Very nice thread. One of the finer threads I have seen to date.

I won't lie to you and say I will help with the downloads. I don't have the time, nor the technology to begin such a thing. But really fine job. I hope others take up the challenge.

That fragment document is a very intriguing case. Inconclusive, but very intriguing. I wonder how it ranks compared to other pieces of titanium commonly used in various space programs. 99% pure sounds very sophisticated, if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ill give this a go to get you a complete directory dump. My plan will be to use an SEO module in combo with some Powershell scripts, as .txt will be appended to all file extensions but I can programaticly remove this.

Ill report back shortly if its possible, I haven't attempted it on this site yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Great job, Isaac. Very nice thread. One of the finer threads I have seen to date.

Thanks for the kind words

I won't lie to you and say I will help with the downloads. I don't have the time, nor the technology to begin such a thing.

Fair enough. I don't think finding the relatively small proportion of further Canadian should be that hard. I found most of the URLs on my own in a few hours and assume that finding the remainder will probably take a similar amount of time (but I'm not sure when I'll next have a few hours spare for ufology...) and it looks like at least one other member - Armap - is trying to track down the missing blocks of URLs.

I hope others take up the challenge.

So do I. Many hands make light work.

The issues with downloading the USA documents, however, require people that have a bit more technical knowledge than me...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thereal
Ill give this a go to get you a complete directory dump. My plan will be to use an SEO module in combo with some Powershell scripts, as .txt will be appended to all file extensions but I can programaticly remove this.

Er, okay... It would probably take me longer to work out what this technobabble means than it will take you to try this method!

Keep in mind that the relevant website has many other government documents (not just ones on UFOs) but there seems to be gaps (of one URL number or more) between the blocks of UFO documents and other material.

Just by doing things manually, I was able to find the start and end of the relevant blocks of URL numbers in a few hours (unlike the documents from the USA covered in my other thread...) so I'd be interested in knowing whether your method will take longer or is a shortcut.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have been to the Canada site before, and I enjoyed glancing over the different files. However, you have presented it in a much better format.

One thing I will say about the Canada files, is that they have always been a little more compelling than some of the other cases around the globe. I attribute it to a possibility of three explanations:

1. Our military and police are easily tricked into believing....
2. We are really bad liers, so our coverups were subpar.
3. Aliens are among us.

Okay, okay, I'm joking, three is nonsense.

Or is it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So my original idea isn't going to work as planned. They have hardened the web servers directories pretty well. Im going to think about this now for a little bit.

SEO for reference stands for Search Engine Optimization. The module I have will allow me to spawn a "mini" crawler targeted at a directory or sub directories from any domain and attempt to download and store a local copy.

Directory Browsing is disabled and since there are just raw images placed in the directory, there is no code cross linking any pages, thus it cant "get in".

I had posted my response before I even looked into it. This is a common method that we use at work to extract large amount of document caches from various US agencies, so I thought the solution might work.

Sidenote: When I did the POC on this script I pointed it at the Mission Enterprise site. I was amazed at the amount of image content I received that wasn't posted in any of the site content. Whats funny is that I forgot I had a roaming profile and that the default directory for saving was part of the profile. It was pretty funny the next day when the backup admin was so confused in the morning as why the backup data sets grew so much. I forget but with crawling all related content from that site was like 100+ GB, mainly due to high resolution image dumps. I could only imagine there usage report for that day, I let it run overnight on 100 mbps fiber.

You mentioned you have blocks recorded, which I might be able to do something with in another manner. Could you do me a favor and post what a block of 10-20 images would look like, as in all uri's in a list? Chances are it can just be regex'ed on the pattern in there naming conversion and let something lose on the site. It will be a stab in the dark, might not work, and could take a long time but I am game just cause its fun to do this stuff.

Im sure other ideas will come to me but I am Le Tired from working all day. I am off work for a month on StayCation as of today
so I have limited resources as far as Bots and Enterprise Level Crawlers.

Keep the thread updated if you or anyone else makes progress so I don't waste my time. I don't post often but wanted in on this one, since I just so happen to be in the business of data harvesting from public government sources / agencies. Legally that is, as its a public corp.

Best of luck!

Edit: My SEO trick does work on this URL so I am going to let it run for a few hours and see what kind of data I can mine out of it.

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

Can you provide me a link to where I can start on page one and read the content? You mentioned there are in the sites search results, so one of those links should work.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Thereal because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by Thereal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thereal
You mentioned you have blocks recorded, which I might be able to do something with in another manner. Could you do me a favor and post what a block of 10-20 images would look like, as in all uri's in a list?

I've extracted the relevant bit of Section 2 above, which indicates the URLs of the blocks. I'm happy to give a list of a few URLs first. Downloading these pages (with known URL numbers) is easy using the method I outlined in Section 2, i.e. using Flashget or similar download management software, the current task is to find the numbers of the additional blocks (which can be done by searching for documents and going to the beginning and ending of the relevant records and checking if the results fall within the known blocks):

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Section 2 : How to download the disclosed Canadian files

The “Library and Archives Canada” website includes a helpful search page and you can browse the collection by leaving all the fields blank and simply pressing “search”.

However, each individual document can be accessed using URLs such as the one below (ending “/e/e110/e002744278.jpg”):

The images have URLs with blocks of consecutive numbering (e.g. URLs ending /e/e110/e002744278.jpg, /e/e110/e002744279.jpg, /e/e110/e002744280.jpg etc etc).

So far, I have identified the following relatively small number of blocks which account for some 8,044 (out of an expected total of 9,500) page of documentation, all of which start with the URL of data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca:

* from /e/e110/e002744278.jpg to /e/e110/e002749999.jpg

* from /e/e111/e002750306.jpg to /e/e111/e002751233.jpg

* from /e/e120/e002996914.jpg to /e/e120/e002996931.jpg

* from /e/e120/e002999664.jpg to /e/e120/e002999999.jpg

* from /e/e121/e003000001.jpg to /e/e121/e003001631.jpg

Assuming the press release highlighted above is approximately correct, there should be about another 1,500 pages. I have not made a determined effort to find them. So, if you are browsing the disclosed Canadian documents and find any page with a number outside these blocks – please post them in this thread.

It didn’t take very long for me to find the above blocks but it is a very boring job.

I hope this is clear. If not, just let me know.

By the way, I could understand, say, 50% of the words in your post (my computer skills are a bit dated...) so you may have to spell out precisely what you need if anything more is required.

Keep the thread updated if you or anyone else makes progress so I don't waste my time.

Certainly.

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 4-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many know about the history of Avro Canda but if you take a close look at the story then you would and will be amazed!

Canada, at the time, had the most advanced fighter aircraft as well as the most advanced space craft. It seems that the US paid off high Canadian officials to dismember Avro Canada and transfer the brilliance of the Canadian Aerospace industry to NASA. Many personnel of Avro Canada eventually went to NASA.

This is indifferent to what the US did during Operation Paperclip.

WE, the Canadian people, are on top of the technological front.I will forever hold the US responsible for holding humanity back. This was a company that would have contributed to advanced technology openly and NOT hide it.

F#$k you, US senators who impeded this path.

-AS-
edit on 4-8-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

I remember, i watched a show on UFO hunters or somthing, but i like to read this, since they claimed that the goverment actually laid hands on the craft but in the memo, it mentions that they couldnt produce any material evidence. Intresting enough, is that there was supposed to be a joint USA-Canda Base that was joint but then was removed. but they had meetings with aliens and apporached them in person. Since they say the UFO landed in the woods near the base. Sorry i dont have the anmes, im hoping a Canadian will help me out and be like oH ya that base. lol
edit on 4-8-2011 by EternalAnarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
ok first of all I applaud your effort, OP, and veracity in making this thread, S&F from me all the way. Second, if this doesnt at least make non belivers reconsider their opinion on the "realness" of UFO's then I dont know what else would shy of one landing on the White House front lawn. Im seriously impressed with the amount of data presented here and would LOVE to read any more of the missing pages. Ive only read the first two posts and am now going to finish this up and read all the reponses. Well done!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreadphil
ok first of all I applaud your effort, OP, and veracity in making this thread, S&F from me all the way. Second, if this doesnt at least make non belivers reconsider their opinion on the "realness" of UFO's then I dont know what else would shy of one landing on the White House front lawn. Im seriously impressed with the amount of data presented here and would LOVE to read any more of the missing pages. Ive only read the first two posts and am now going to finish this up and read all the reponses. Well done!!

The same problem still persists though... The United States Government (certain elements of it). I applaud all countries efforts on disclosing this information, but as long as the USA hierarchy keep treating people like fools then there is no change.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Cudos once again to Mr. or Mrs. Isaac. Very informative articles, they will definitely help me in my investigation.

Though there is something strange, take note that almost all of the documents date before 1970 or 1965? Why is that? UFO citings still occur, and I'm almost sure that military from different countries and space programs around the world routinely have interactions with UFO's, yet why no recent documents?

Could it be that by releasing only 50+ year old documents makes it harder to verify their accuracy? Suppose we want to talk with the eyewitness, a retired military officer, or a person who wrote the document, by now they may have passed on. We would be left with only 2nd hand knowledge, which is even less reliable than first hand eyewitness accounts.

I'm giving positive criticism, not denigrating your work. Any and all information regarding UFO's will be helpful in one day "capturing" an ET UFO, check out my approach to UFO research:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great we have three approaches to the proving that some UFO are ET UFO's. Analyzing released documents, pushing for disclosure of newer documents, and using experimental techniques to one day "catch" an ET UFO!!

edit on 4-8-2011 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join