It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Suffering Ground Zero worker gets check for...$0.00?!?

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When I read this, my blood began to boil...

Edgar Galvis worked at the Ground Zero site, apparently hired to retrieve the materials of Merril Lynch, and after developing breathing problems as well as throat cancer from handling the toxic debris, his lawyers encouraged him to sue Merril Lynch for his injuries on the grounds that he could win "millions". Merril Lynch settled with him for $10,000, but after the lawyers took their lawyers fees, legal expenses, and undisclosed leins he didn't know he had, the law firm that represented him had the arrogance to send him a check for the balance, which is precisely $0.00. See the story here:

Ground Zero worker awarded check for $0.00

Rather than bickering nonstop over these absurd stories about lasers from outer space, fake crash sites in the middle of nowhere, and accusing everyone except your goldfish of being secret gov't disinformation agents, why aren't you truthers outraged over real world issues like this? Even during a time of national mourning, lawyers still can't help themselves from being thieves.

I would really like to know what everyone's thoughts are on this.
edit on 3-8-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
hi
dont mean to be a killjoy
its already been posted



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi
dont mean to be a killjoy
its already been posted


Really?? Where? I'm not seeing it.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
When I read this, my blood began to boil...

Edgar Galvis worked at the Ground Zero site, apparently hired to retrieve the materials of Merril Lynch, and after developing breathing problems as well as throat cancer from handling the toxic debris, his lawyers encouraged him to sue Merril Lynch for his injuries on the grounds that he could win "millions". Merril Lynch settled with him for $10,000, but after the lawyers took their lawyers fees, legal expenses, and undisclosed leins he didn't know he had, the law firm that represented him had the arrogance to send him a check for the balance, which is precisely $0.00. See the story here:

Ground Zero worker awarded check for $0.00

Rather than bickering nonstop over these absurd stories about lasers from outer space, fake crash sites in the middle of nowhere, and accusing everyone except your goldfish of being secret gov't disinformation agents, why aren't you truthers outraged over real world issues like this? Even during a time of national mourning, lawyers still can't help themselves from being thieves.

I would really like to know what everyone's thoughts are on this.
edit on 3-8-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)


What kind of question is that?
You truthers?

Its ridiculous and sad and angering to read stories such as this. I dont think it matters what side of the fence you sit on regarding the beliefs on how the events unfolded.

It isn't about being a truther or a fairy tale believer....its about being human and having a heart....and DISAGREEING with all the complete BS that our government, insurance companies, and now law firms are committing.

To send a point....everyone who lives in NY, should never use that law firm again. Based on the grounds of being a humanatarian.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by davesmart
hi
dont mean to be a killjoy
its already been posted


Really?? Where? I'm not seeing it.


Link.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
He should think himself lucky that he wasnt sent a bill for expenses
Send the law firm a thankyou note and a tell them you donated the check on their behalf to a charity





posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


it was posted yesterday gmt
sorry to be rude search for urself ive had a hard day and relaxing



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Rather than bickering nonstop over these absurd stories about lasers from outer space, fake crash sites in the middle of nowhere, and accusing everyone except your goldfish of being secret gov't disinformation agents, why aren't you truthers outraged over real world issues like this?


Wow was this piece of text really needed?
It’s a good way of narrowing down your readers. I know your angry, but don’t hate the readers.



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think he would have had better luck with Erin. I’m not sure if they are working with 9.11 victims, but it would have been my first place to go looking for a firm.

Erin Brockovich



posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What else would you expect to happen, GoodOlDave?

The truth about 9/11 remains a shady concept and after ten years there are people trying to keep a tight lid on what really happened that day.

Many official story believers in this forum ask why there are not many court cases regarding 9/11. Well, here's a perfect example of how to discourage 9/11 victims from going to court - give them NOTHING for their effort.

You have questions about the official story:
Here:

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
If the NIST report got their explanations wrong, fine, as that only means the towers fell from some other as yet unknown reason that had nothing to do with secret controlled demolitions, sinister plots to take over the world, or whatever. I can live with that. Can you?

And here:

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
I have repeatedly said that I personally subscribe to the Perdue university's study that suggests the plane impacts created far more damage to the structures than what NIST takes into account, which goes hand in hand with the fact that the collapse at each building began at the precise point of impact of the planes. So, yes, someone can believe the NIST report is flawed as well as think your "secret hush-a-boom controlled demolitions mplanted by evil gov't ninjas" stories are hogwash.


Why aren't you demanding the truth about 9/11, GoodOlDave, given that you question the accuracy of the NIST report?

If the events and investigations surrounding 9/11 were honest and open, with the intent of discovering the truth, then it would probably would have helped today's victims trying to gain some compensation for their efforts.

You really do contradict yourself sometimes, GoodOlDave and this thread shows it. Trying to show compassion for a victim who got screwed, while acting as a frontline warrior against 'truthers' just shows how confused you are. You can live with a false NIST report, but you can't live with victims who have been legally shafted. Right... that makes clear sense to me - not.

Until the complete, open truth about 9/11 is revealed, you can expect lots more victims being screwed over, hushed up and forgotten.


(I know you'll have a wall-of-text-rant-reply to me. This will be my only post in your thread. I don't particularly like promoting your views of 9/11, so have at it.)
edit on 3-8-2011 by tezzajw because: bolding



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw
 


Why did you just completely hijack the thread?? Aren't there enough threads for you to voice your opinion, on the 9/11 delusion?

The OP simply asked why you truthers aren't more vocal about the "real" tragedies of 9/11. You have 10K threads here about everything from a hologram to a laser beam... While these things are great fantasy for children, they are not reality. This man, dying for his effort on 9/11 is a REAL story.

Instead of drooling over crackpot experts "theories", why not do some research into Govt. programs that could help this man. Maybe find a loop hole for him to collect from the Govt...



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Advise him to pay off his past debts and find a better lawyer firm who won't charge him so much. This is pretty much his fault for not receiving money.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Why aren't you demanding the truth about 9/11, GoodOlDave, given that you question the accuracy of the NIST report?

If the events and investigations surrounding 9/11 were honest and open, with the intent of discovering the truth, then it would probably would have helped today's victims trying to gain some compensation for their efforts.

You really do contradict yourself sometimes, GoodOlDave and this thread shows it. Trying to show compassion for a victim who got screwed, while acting as a frontline warrior against 'truthers' just shows how confused you are. You can live with a false NIST report, but you can't live with victims who have been legally shafted. Right... that makes clear sense to me - not.


That's becuase your definition of "wanting to know the truth" is way, WAY different from my definition of "wanting to know the truth" . I want a full accountability of how the gov't was slipping on banana peels and stumbling into wall during the 9/11 attack. We have an inkling of the situation- ridiculous touchy feely political correctness forbade gov't agencies to share information with each other and even among people within the same agency, military orders weren't handed down to the interceptors correctly because people in key positions were crapping out in their responsibilities, and thanks to whistleblowers we're seeing even more incompetence- translators orders to do less work so that their supervisors could request bigger budgets, interceptors ordered to wander around chasing ghost planes, and the like. I absolutely positively guarantee there has to be more to the story than this.

YOU on the other hand are so much in love with the idea there's some sinister secret plot to take over the world that you'll gleefully argue over what happened to every nut, bolt, and door hinge during the attack because you think you'll discover what this "secret conspiracy" is, sooner or later. If you're not bickering over the range of cell phone calls on planes, you're bickering over the precise temperatures of the fires burning in the buildings, and if not that, you're bickering over the exact by-the-square-inch flight path of AA77, and tomorrow, you'll probably be bickering over what color shoelaces Mohammed Atta had on. Not last week a truther here posted how "suspicious" it was that some wreckage at the Pentagon had police tape around it while other wreckage did not. Who the flip cares? It's still aircarft wreckage.

All this side discussion over the precise physical procession of the chain reaction of structural failure of the building, whether it was the fires that caused the towers to initially collapse or whether there was much more structural damage done from the impact than originally believed, is just filling in the blanks in our understanding in what happened that day. Not a single microbe of what you're arguing about disproves the fact that it was an actual terrorist attack and that the gov't let us down.


I know you'll have a wall-of-text-rant-reply to me. This will be my only post in your thread. I don't particularly like promoting your views of 9/11, so have at it.


If you're in the right and I'm in the wrong, as you claim, then why am I the one taking the time to address your post while you're the one who's running away? Did you even have a position on the ground zero worker being shafted by his lawyers?



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I think he would have had better luck with Erin. I’m not sure if they are working with 9.11 victims, but it would have been my first place to go looking for a firm.


You actually bring up a valid point. The very fact that he came down with illnesses from working at ground zero meant that toxic materials were used in the construction of the towers, which is a kissing cousin to the Chromium 6 issue Brokavich spearheaded. Instead of the thermite, nuclear residue, melted slag from lasers from outer space, or whatever other imaginary substance the truthers are analyzing the ground zero dust for, how about analyzing it to find out just what makes the dust so toxic to begin with?

If that crap was in the WTC, it's sure as shootin' going to be in other buildings constructed during that era.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave
 


Question: Is this pathetic screed your attempt at legitimacy? When I see anything you author, My suspiscions are immediately aroused, and just as quickly justified. You need to get a real job, and quit wasting peoples time. My only hope is that this stays up long enough for you to read it.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This thread's rapid decline into bickering would almost be humourous if the subject was not so serious.

Come on everyone, it doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on - this guy in the article deserves better. This is the perfect chance for unity, both sides showing solidarity in a worthwhile cause.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 


edit on 4-8-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by GoodOlDave
 


Question: Is this pathetic screed your attempt at legitimacy? When I see anything you author, My suspiscions are immediately aroused, and just as quickly justified. You need to get a real job, and quit wasting peoples time. My only hope is that this stays up long enough for you to read it.


Your posts would stay up longer if they weren't exclusively comprised of messages of hatred and insults, but that's besides the point.

The question I posted is valid- characters like Steven Jones spent so much time lookign for this so-called super thermite which only launched a thousand more questions than anything it attempted to answer, and let's face it, Jones has been preaching this "controlled demolitions" bit from day one so it's to noone's surprise he would resort to inventing his own paper that supported his own claims. If, instead of wasting his time on this thermite bit, Jones had instead researched the reason for why the WTC dust was so toxic...or more importantly, actually found the exact component that made it toxic...Jones would have gone down in history as being a hero rather than a charlatan. Whatever was in the WTC that made it toxic is almost certainly in other buildings, so you really don't think it's incredibly important that we find out what it is?

Jones had a sample of the very dust that injured that ground zero worker sitting on his desk right in front of him. It was his duty to do something to actually help people rather than chase off after these fairy tales, and he didn't do it. This is because he was pursuing a truther agenda rather than a humanitarian agenda. It's patenly obvious the lawyers that represented the ground zero workers likewise had their own agenda, and it had nothing to do with helping ground zero workers because this ground zero worker was left exactly where he was before he ever even hooked up with them. What's the difference?

You may not like the fact, but your not liking the fact doesn't make it any less of a fact.

edit on 4-8-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Whatever was in the WTC that made it toxic is almost certainly in other buildings, so you really don't think it's incredibly important that we find out what it is?


So why are other demolition workers not dying of cancer?

WTC buildings were not the first, or last, to be demolished lol.

No they are not getting mesothelioma from the asbestos, what has been reported is leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma.


USnews.com reports that 9/11 responders may face increased risk of the hematological disease multiple myeloma.

www.benzeneleukemialawblog.com...

A rare cancer of which one cause is radiation exposure.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave
 


I don't know Dave - is there maybe something else here that we are not hearing or seeing? Was this a workmen's comp claim?

I hate to be too skeptical but when it comes to legal matters, the press is not always the best and final source for information.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow that is really poor sport. Maybe after the 10 grand he still isnt in the green with the lawfirm that represented him and the lawyers forfeighted the outstanding debt.

I understand win or lose is up to a jury, but who assesses the amount?
edit on 4-8-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join