It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see DOOMSDAY everywhere ... Signs from beyond ? Mass insanity ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ask the folks in Texas in the mid west and north east, then ask them in Africa how close are we to dooms day , to them it is here, to you and me, it is just a word, a fantasy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

lol true, I think to most Americans not being able to utilize their APPS would be doomsday, what a pathetic world we live in.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
Reply to post by Ben81

It's pretty obvious that you are too young or have forgotten the Y2K doomsday craze in the 90s. Just as a new generation will tap into a new prophecy in about 10-15 years.

The world will not end in 2012. If you are so convinced sign over your property and money to me!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Y2K .. lol

you cant compare it to the 2012 prediction ...
the Y2K thread was possibly started by an ATS member lol

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
ask the folks in Texas in the mid west and north east, then ask them in Africa how close are we to dooms day , to them it is here, to you and me, it is just a word, a fantasy.

Agree

Look in Somalia .. Famine affect million of life
Doomsday is a word to describ an event that will affect and kill 2/3 of humans
it can happen because of a natural disaster or human made armaguedon with nukes or HAARP

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

yep we use it , the word and meaning like a 2$"street walker" we have no clue as to how bad it is going to be floods, fires, EQ's and, famine, disease's thees are the real "dooms day" events, for man can not stop nor prevent them. We can prevent war, killing one another.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You couldn't be more wrong.

People have been talking about the end of the world since there were people.

In my own lifetime, there were widespread predictions of the end of the world throughout the 70's and 80's (The tail end of the cold war, DNC drills, etc) 1987 (some religious prophecies), 1997 (Nibiru), Y2K, 2004 (asteroids), and now 2012.

What you don't seem to understand is that there are always people preaching doom and destruction. That is because people are mortal, and -- in general -- have very short memories and even shorter perspectives. It only seems like the insanity is ramping up because you are paying attention to it. If you obsessively followed professional athletics, your "ramp up" story would be player wages, or world records broken. That's the nature of progress.

People are dying every moment of every day. That is the nature of human existence. For them -- "judgement day" is right around the corner. For you? Well -- you probably have another 50 or 60 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I agree .. but now the amount has triple and quadruple
what made me realise that ?

Keep seeing graffitis in downtown sprayed on walls
the news keep talking about it more freely then before
each week they take that term

ask yourself
because it can be both ...
a sign ? or insanity

2012 is the most important predicted date
because it contain a prediction that will change the world has we see it

Im sure some Bilderberg elites rich to their a$$ planned to have the planet to themself
that will not happen

We will "switch" to a new world with better values
i have explained many theory related to the new enlightment age
2012 is the start of that age

Are you ready to accept the fact that we need a change ?
Are you ready to accept the fact that it will happen

cannot be better timing ...(1 yrs and 5 month to go)
until we wake up

edit on 8/3/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

some will say no will not be, others will say it could be , the ones to worry are the ones to make it happen, so if you see them spraying, the end is near, hurray 2012 is almost here, or 2012 bring it on, then this should be a sign of the insanity, for they have no clue.
2012 is a change, 2012 is not the end, 2012 is a new dawn for all man kind.
Does it mean we will see ET? Get to see 2 suns? does it mean the end of the dollar or how we vote or live ???
If it is, it can only be for the best, for as it sits,it just does not make any sense.
Ask your self this, does this.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Doomsday has been predicted for 2000 years at least. There are doomsday predictions all of the time.

In the first few centuries all sorts of Christians thought the second coming was any second. Around 1000 there were all sorts of second coming ideas.

Is anyone doing duck and hide in school anymore? No. The fear of incineration by nukes was real in the 1960s. That fear is gone. Lately it is death by fictional planets or death by Mars (in 2003) or death by planetary alignment (2000) or death by Barry Manilow records. Don't forget swine flu or avian flu and anthrax and ebola and plague epidemics.

As Rosanne Rosannadanna said, "It's always something."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join