It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see DOOMSDAY everywhere ... Signs from beyond ? Mass insanity ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Has we are getting more and more close to 2012 ( 1 yrs and 5 month
)
more then half of the planet know that we have a potential apocalypse right ahead

Its like the invicible Titanic with an iceberg rights ahead .. they couldnt turn the ship on time
We are in the same position but we have warnings .. and a lots of them
the Titanic had warnings but at the last minutes

Each day there is someone or something speaking about the impending Doomsday/Apocalypse
most modern TV series and Movies speak about the apocalypse

Meteor hitting earth
Tsunamies
Ice Age
Nuke
Alien invasion
etc etc etc etc etc etc ...

Now we see signs on the streets like publicity ... and in graffiti spray paint..
each day beside my workplace i see doomsday written/spray on the wall
Recently had the a huge publicity sign for the 21 May 2011
right in the city downtown

On the news like CNN .. the MSM are no more scared to use that word (want to create panic or what .. ?)
recently used to describe the hollywood highway .. Carmaguedon
or Literaly Armaguedon to describe the economic crisis we are in

10-20 yrs in the past.. talking about doomsday in public would label us crazy people
now its lke EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE (im not including ATS)
so what is it ? mass insanity or divine signs that we need to listen so we can prepare for the inevitable

for most people Doomsday represent this :
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dc0b22f7e5c.jpg[/atsimg]

the NWO elites wish that .. so they can hide in their bunkers a dozen mile away from the surface
and come back to have the planet for themself when everybody is dead

hope the Creator will not let them get away with this

edit on 8/3/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
To be honest I can remember people talking about doomsday, and there being signs and talkings about it everywhere since the 80s.

I think the knowledge that we lived on a knife-edge of destruction instilled so much fear in everybody that it probably laid the roots for most of the doomsday mythologies we have seen ever since.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
3 things I would like you to consider.

1. The more you think about something the more likely it is you will encounter it. In psychology it is referred to as subjective validation. If you believe something will happen you will only notice things that agree with your thinking. If tomorrow it was written in the sky that 2012 won't happen you won't believe it but if a newspaper reports that 2012 is looking to be very snowy you will take that as a sign of the apocalypse.

2. Since the beginning of time people have been predicted the end of the world. Hell in the last decade alone I have survived 2000, 9/11/2002, 6/6/2006, 7/7/2007, etc. People love a disaster story.

3. Apocalypse in it's original meaning did not mean the end of the world. All of these books/writing that predict something major in 2012 call it an apocalypse but they are using its original meaning which is: a great unveiling.

I personally do not put in stock in the whole 2012 nonsense, but if something is meant to happen I believe it will be some sort of awakening and not the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
To be honest I can remember people talking about doomsday, and there being signs and talkings about it everywhere since the 80s.

I think the knowledge that we lived on a knife-edge of destruction instilled so much fear in everybody that it probably laid the roots for most of the doomsday mythologies we have seen ever since.

I was born in 81 .. cant really remember or didnt care about it at the time lol
but now .. we see it daily with tuns of bad news related to a potential doomsday
natural catastrophe happening everywhere
Tornadoes, Earthquake, Mass worldwide flood
Mass fire in the US
Potential WW3 that can happen at any time
2012 looming ahead (5 month and we are 2012)
all of those cant be just coincidentials...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

all of those cant be just coincidentials...

Can't or you don't want them to be. All of us look for signs in our daily life to prove to ourselves that life has meaning. Many people will claim that everytime they look at a clock it shows 11:11 or 12:12. Its not true. They must check the watch dozens of times a day but because times like 3:15 and 6:11 have no meaning to them they don't think about it but when a memorable number like 11:11 shows up they go buck wild and claim its a sign.

You choose what you want to believe and form the world around you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When you think of the influence Hollywood has over mass thinking it's really no surprise that it's become more of a hot topic. There's been so many end of the world movies over the past 10-15 years it's inevitable . Phrases such as armaggedon and apocalypse is just nonsense MSM sensationalizing every news story. I wouldn't read too much into that.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Im more #3
There is no end of the world unless it was planned by humans (nukes)
2012 is the start of the transition to a better world
it will literaly be the end of the world has we know it
the system we live in today is unsustainable
for our futur generation and earth sake .. the transition need to happen ASAP
now more then ever ..
there is no coincidences that 2012 is a few months away
that was predicted thousand of yrs ago

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I didn't use the number system for you to choose which one you are. All 3 pertain to you. I use numbers in replies because I find it easier to separate my thoughts and address all parts of the issue.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

could I suggest that you do a search here on ats for vortexes of death it may well just explain everything you are witnessing these days when you understand the outside influences that afect human being it is far easier to remain calm and find some composure during this time peace all

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think the reason we are seeing more Doomsday type material in movies,msm,books,etc.. Is because it sells, plain and simple,the producers of t.v. shows,movies,these people are good at marketing and are capitilizing on our fears and feelings.There are so many people talking about the end times,Niribu,Elenin,aliens,nuclear war,etc., that it sells in the theatres and such.

Now that is not too say that we are not living in very scary times,as I sometimes feel that the end is right around the corner as well.However I honestly do not think the MSM is trying to give us any hints,or subconcsiously preparing us for anything.I think they are trying to capitilize on a good marketing trend to make money, however I could be wrong,and I do agree with the OP that doomsday does seem to be everywhere you look anymore.
edit on 3-8-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have noticed in media, in personal life that people are "gearing up" "speeding up" whatever analgy you wish to use.

There are documentaries on doomsday coming out all the time now. MSM is profiting on this for sure. Its exciting, its the new "sexy"

Im sure that there have always been a rising and falling to this "gearing up" we seem to be experiencing. The one nice thing is that we are all communicating about our experiences and trying to understand what The Phoque Is going on, together, and on a global scale

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

10-20 yrs in the past.. talking about doomsday in public would label us crazy people
now its lke EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE

10 years ago was 2001 - and 9/11 happened. At that time, either Bush or Osama bin Laden were the Antichrist. Either way, people though Bush, Jr., would bring on the Battle of Armageddon. For some people, 9/11 was the end of their world. It was certainly the end of the relatively sane world we had been experiencing for a decade.

11/12 years ago was 1999-2000, otherwise known as "Y2K". Everyone was freaked out that the world was going to end, whether from computer meltdowns or from something happening at the turn of the new millennium.

20 years ago was 1991. Bush, Sr., was invading Iraq. We call it the Persian Gulf War now, but, at the time, people were saying it would become the Battle of Armageddon.

For 45 years prior to 1991 (going back to 1946), we were in the Cold War. Everyone was waiting for the missiles to fly, thinking the end of the world was right around the corner.

From 1939-1945 was WWII. At that time, Hitler was the Antichrist. For many, including million of Jews, the world did come to an end.

From 1929 to 1939 was the Great Depression. We think we're experiencing financial troubles now? We think we're experiencing "Economic Armageddon" now? We haven't seen anything close to what the Great Depression brought.

I could keep going. I really could. How about 1844?
Armageddon's been coming for 2000 years now.
edit on 3-8-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

Somebody wants to sell us the doomsday idea
all part of the evil elites possibly the bilderberg group

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
RELAX...

Imagine if you lived in a world where the economies were collapsing. People lined up for food and means of sustinence. The major world governments were on the verge of global destruction. Madmen were in control of countries and invading their weaker neighbors. Science was being used to build wonderous and terrible weapons that could literally destroy entire cities. Deserts were expanding across the plains of the US in a terribly hot summer... Crime and panic in the streets seemed to be ever increasing...

That was 1938...1939...1940....

How about society and culture on the verge of collapse...mass riots and protests over the reigning powers. A war that was now in it's 6th year going on and on and on...eating up and killing America's youth. Assassinations were the head lines...one govt leader after another...one social leader after another. People and students being shot on college campuses...mass drug use and hysteria...brutal crimes of torture and debauchery unseen before hitting the airwaves.... the economy in decline...gas lines...scandals rocking the government...even the very presidency....

That was 1968-1972...

been there...done that....

One day...in what is now the US or some other incarnation...you or your children will read about it and watch videos of it... RELAX and enjoy the show.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

now its lke EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE

10 years ago was 2001 - and 9/11 happened. At that time, either Bush or Osama bin Laden were the Antichrist. Either way, people though Bush, Jr., would bring on the Battle of Armageddon. For some people, 9/11 was the end of their world. It was certainly the end of the relatively sane world we had been experiencing for a decade.

11/12 years ago was 1999-2000, otherwise known as "Y2K". Everyone was freaked out that the world was going to end, whether from computer meltdowns or from something happening at the turn of the new millennium.

20 years ago was 1991. Bush, Sr., was invading Iraq. We call it the Persian Gulf War now, but, at the time, people were saying it would become the Battle of Armageddon.

For 45 years prior to 1991 (going back to 1946), we were in the Cold War. Everyone was waiting for the missiles to fly, thinking the end of the world was right around the corner.

From 1939-1945 was WWII. At that time, Hitler was the Antichrist. For many, including million of Jews, the world did come to an end.

From 1929 to 1939 was the Great Depression. We think we're experiencing financial troubles now? We think we're experiencing "Economic Armageddon" now? We haven't seen anything close to what the Great Depression brought.

I could keep going. I really could. How about 1844?
Armageddon's been coming for 2000 years now.
edit on 3-8-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

Brilliant. I couldn't agree more with this person.

Bingo. 2nd.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
have you seen my tshirts and bumper stickers yet?

there is a free shirt if you can take a photo and send it in.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

the NWO elites wish that .. so they can hide in their bunkers a dozen mile away from the surface
and come back to have the planet for themself when everybody is dead

Why?

So they can give up their tedious life of luxury to take up farming?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't know what to do anymore. These discussions occur at such a high rate most people on here have become experts of doomsday and predictions from the past, so in a small way its a good thing, a creative way to get people learning. Thats good right?

My opinion, you can't stop the inevitable, and you can't predict something that you don't know will happen, you can guess, or have a dream and take that as a sign, but there are very few that I beieve have the ability to actually predict a correct prophecy.

I think we are just as likely to start an accidental nuclear war than anything else, even a virus, I'll be willing to bet there are alot of groups or fanatics making all sorts of things and if someone actually wants to make a point in history on 2012 the date so spoken of maybe they will, I hope nope.

My saying goes like this. I prepare for the worse, hope for the best, and everything else is just one big mess!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You're fortunate to have grown up after it, I think the 80s nuclear armageddon stuff, along with the AIDS 'If you have sex you will get aids and DIE' stuff, probably scarred my entire generation on some fairly significant fundemental level.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ben81

It's pretty obvious that you are too young or have forgotten the Y2K doomsday craze in the 90s. Just as a new generation will tap into a new prophecy in about 10-15 years.

The world will not end in 2012. If you are so convinced sign over your property and money to me!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join