It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good stuff...I can't get enough UFO info. And it is nice to hear that it is from a reporter. I don't know much about the guy but either way it is nice to read. Good find.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
OK ... I was all for this until the final 30 seconds when he started saying that we got stealth bomber technology from alien craft and aliens that have helped us develop it.

He just lost all credibility with that (because everyone would think he is a loony). Even if it is true with no evidence to back that statement up he looks like a nutter now.

Listen again. That was not the reporter saying those things it was another person. An "expoert" on the subject no doubt!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't know.....

It's the BBC....an MSM propaganda extraordinaire....

There's no pics or video. The newscaster says he's driving down a country road. I'm not sure how busy that road is, but by the mere nature of the business he's in, it's hard to believe he didn't at least have a camera phone so he could have captured this thing in a pic for it's very newsworthiness.

He could have been put up to this for some reason...perhaps to see how the public responds or some other unknown agenda.

Aside from this little bit of skepticism I have, I think this is one of the more intriguing things that has come to our attention recently.

Nice post, OP

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, it's a shame this happened at 4 in the morning - no doubt when most are in bed sleeping. I'll remain skeptical simply due to the fact that it's a BBC reporter, and I trust them less than your average farmer.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It seems that facebook users are reporting some event over Coventry and Birmingham tonight, (in Coventry's case they had the same thing happen in Aug 4th 2008) I don't know the detail, but you can look in here,

forum.britishdowsers.org...

I am looking for other sources.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Hater gonna hate and non-believers will not believe ... That is.... until they finally see it with their own eyes.

Not saying ET's OR terrestrials ... just UFO's that defy publicly known technology.

Peace,

-AS-

edit on 3-8-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was excited when I heard "disc shaped craft" but the details beyond that didn't match the one I saw.

My story:

Originally posted by shadowland8
Quite a long time ago (talking about being a child, ~7 years old) I was at my bedroom window on a Thursday or Friday night at about 8:30ish, my mum was making my bed so I was just looking up at the sky(like directly up) and I saw something quite interesting! I saw this circle/oval/disc of light in the sky, right above me(but higher than the building) it was yellow but not bright enough to be hard to look at, probably wouldn't even induce a temporary burn-in effect on the eyes, it definitely did not project any light downwards, anyway. It was completely silent, I felt completely calm watching it and it started to move around slowly, moving in a circle, suddenly another disc of light came out of that one and the best way to describe what they were doing was "dancing" with each other, circling around each other, moving into each other to make a single disc and then parting again. They became single and then there were 3 discs, it looked like they were making formations, this continued until there was about five or six, making some real cool formations. At this point I realised I should probably tell Mum, so off I run, tell mum to take a look, and whaddya know? They're gone. Mum believed me though, which was nice but it did suck I had no real way of showing what I saw.So I've never really worked out what it was, but I'd like to know if anyone has got some experience on this.

What I've done to make you understand what I saw was make a very crude animation which I created in an image software program, this was the first time I've ever attempted to make an animated image so it's not perfect but definitely helps me explain what I saw a lot better:

** I cannot work out how to properly embedd this .GIF image so here's the direct link:

img811.imageshack.us...

So, I'd really like some opinions on this, it's had me confused forever.

P.S, I'd like to point out I live in Australia, Sydney. Just in case there's some history behind it or something.

edit on 3/8/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Acidtastic

You do know what the official response will be yes?

It was a weather balloon

Hey, this story seems like horse plop.

Just wondering why you are so convinced that this sighting was even real, based on just radio interview of what man says?

still waiting for pictures, video etc... cause in this digital age we live in, you dont have a leg to stand on if there are no pictures/ video for evidence, sorry to debunk.

Btw, what reason would this UFO have for cruising the country side of England?

Bored i guess hey......

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

And filled them with swamp gas whilst photographing Venus!

2nd

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgecrusher26

It was a weather balloon

Just wondering why you are so convinced that this sighting was even real, based on just radio interview of what man says?

still waiting for pictures, video etc... cause in this digital age we live in, you dont have a leg to stand on if there are no pictures/ video for evidence, sorry to debunk.

Bored i guess hey......

Well I know I never carry a phone with me anywhere so if I saw one as I was coming home at night and standing outside my front door, I'd never be able to take pics or film because I'd have no equipment with me and I'd be too busy watching it to rush inside looking for anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Not one other soul saw this in the area. Somebody else would have seen what he described. Somebody. One other person even. People want to believe so bad, that all it takes is one person half way around the world to say,"I saw something" and everyone gets all worked up and dares anyone to question it!
I need a little more than that. You're much too easy some of you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
Are we still arguing about whether or not aliens exist? God damn that was so 2005, err 2003, err 2001, err SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERNET.

I personally believe that undeniably aliens exist. Yes the government knows about it (refer to the hottel files recently released by the CIA). There has been proof all around us starting with ancient sculptures and paintings. Yes people still see them from time to time, and yes occasionally a newspaper picks up the story as a fluff piece.

If put the link here to just spread the word about the article that's cool, but if you are hoping that you will change any minds, trust me you won't. The people that believe will always believe and the people that don't won't.

Be prepared to encounter these people as you will soon see they will flood this thread with their own personal opinions about how there was a training exercise near there or clearly it was a new aircraft. Better yet they will call the reporter a drunk or say he is unreliable.

Haters gonna hate.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Dr. Strange because: I R NO SPELL SO GOOD

ain't buying it STRANGE

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
On the BBC News. That is crossing the disclosure line...

no its not... a guy saw something in the sky...what new?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by Edgecrusher26

It was a weather balloon

Bored i guess hey......

Well I know I never carry a phone with me anywhere so if I saw one as I was coming home at night and standing outside my front door, I'd never be able to take pics or film because I'd have no equipment with me and I'd be too busy watching it to rush inside looking for anything.

Ok,,, but why would you tell anyone what you saw . Let alone on radio or tv. It makes no sense , you gain nothing. If you tell one person that's fine,but advertising it?? It's stupid. Makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
Ok,,, but why would you tell anyone what you saw . Let alone on radio or tv. It makes no sense , you gain nothing. If you tell one person that's fine,but advertising it?? It's stupid. Makes no sense.

Unless you're thinking outside of the box ; )
Basically anything the MSM reports on is never for the good of the viewer. It's all agenda. So now start thinking, why would the MSM have an agenda for this? Let your mind go.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

it makes perfect sense, you tell people because you want them to know the truth, you would know it is not proof but making people aware it is a real thing will raise awareness that u.f.o.'s are real and not just a load of old tosh like alot of people seem to think. there will always be those who don't listen or disbelieve and write it off as heresay, but if his sharing of this event made at least a few hundred people take notice and be more aware when travelling from A to B then it was worth it.

who knows it could result in somebody getting the evidence that would prove it once and for all, due to them noticing something in the sky they otherwise would of missed because they would not normally pay attention to the skies.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Edgecrusher26

Those pictures and videos would be debunked in two days or less. A photograph can not be used to prove that dogs exist. Photographs and video are not proof of anything.

You can not go to the park and take a picture or video of a dog playing and then use that picture or video as the only evidence in the Universe that dogs exits. Someone would prove that the images where lighted incorrectly, had the wrong digital or optical artifacts, or that the picture was hoaxed by finding a way to re-create the images artificially.

Despite what MUFON and others say at least three of the Jerusalem UFO videos are un-manipulated video of real visible events. You all say you are looking for real evidence but you keep debunking the real evidence.

Real aliens are now painting “It’s a hoax!!! But, it’s still a UFO!!!” on the bottom of their craft and buzzing you just for laughs. Ya, that is right just because it’s a hoax does not prove aliens didn’t do it.

They have no need to prove they exist, neither does the dog in the park.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarkin.17

Awesome response.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, some guy that is a reporter for the BBC is driving down a country road at 4 am. He sees a disc circling over a field. Just hearsay no pics or video. The BBC reports the story. Then some guy who considers himself an expert says it is probably real yet with no evidence to go on.

WOW this is news really? You know everyone is a UFO expert now don't ya? The news breaks the story so somehow it must be true? The MSM publishes UFO stories all the time such as the Jerusalem because it is corp media and it is about ratings. Not saying it happened or not. . But i really do not see what the big deal is. I mean go to MUFON's site and look at all the case reports and realize this is no more special then any other UFO story.

I have seen my own UFO's on different occasions but i save it for the camp fire. Heck i wont even bother reporting the next sighting of i ever have another one. It changes nothing. It is not proof even with footage in these days with CGI and what not. Just another cool story that makes you go "huh" interesting. Either you learn to accept there are things in this world we will never fully comprehend. Or you accept there is an intelligence interacting with this planet on many levels, or you don't. Maybe this is just some form of conditioning the masses to accept the UFO "alien" presence if that is what they are. 20 years plus reading about this subject and if you want my personal opinion... they are up to no good. What, where they come from they are here in their best interest or we are just a long term project of theirs.

I don't buy the prime directive excuse either, they are covert and still abduct people ect

Just my 2 cents
edit on 3-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by dilly1

Unless you're thinking outside of the box ; )
Basically anything the MSM reports on is never for the good of the viewer. It's all agenda. So now start thinking, why would the MSM have an agenda for this? Let your mind go.

So is ATS part of this agenda? Cause I didn't here it on BBC. I heard on ATS. So I'm a but confused with your explanation. And what do you mean by "outside the box"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join