It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by dilly1

Ok,,, but why would you tell anyone what you saw . Let alone on radio or tv. It makes no sense , you gain nothing. If you tell one person that's fine,but advertising it?? It's stupid. Makes no sense.

it makes perfect sense, you tell people because you want them to know the truth, you would know it is not proof but making people aware it is a real thing will raise awareness that u.f.o.'s are real and not just a load of old tosh like alot of people seem to think. there will always be those who don't listen or disbelieve and write it off as heresay, but if his sharing of this event made at least a few hundred people take notice and be more aware when travelling from A to B then it was worth it.

who knows it could result in somebody getting the evidence that would prove it once and for all, due to them noticing something in the sky they otherwise would of missed because they would not normally pay attention to the skies.

You mite think its to inform people the truth. I thinks its more he wants people to buy what he is selling. Any logical joe that sees an actual UFO will not be getting on BBC . Eventually your word (and I don't care how credible one is) will take you so far. If no one comes forward with anything else , then his eyewitness account will be nothing more than an advertising campaign gone wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm going to be retarded like most trolls, PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Arken

As downhill as this site is going, there is nothing retarded about your post.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
On another note I find it unbelieveably hilarious that people believe in aliens but not God

Wouldnt God be an....alien?
edit on 3-8-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You mite think its to inform people the truth. I thinks its more he wants people to buy what he is selling. Any logical joe that sees an actual UFO will not be getting on BBC . Eventually your word (and I don't care how credible one is) will take you so far. If no one comes forward with anything else , then his eyewitness account will be nothing more than an advertising campaign gone wrong.

well like i said it certainly would not be proof, just an awareness which some people will discard and others will take onboard, not as proof, but as a possibility.

anyway, i was just giving an explaination why some people wish to share their experience, and why it makes sense to share it. that does not mean i have discounted the fact there could be a agenda behind it, that is possible. but something i have no way of knowing.

the thing that makes me suspicous is the fact the B.B.C. have had ample oppertunity to report better cases than this one yet ignored them completely and have in the past gone out their way to 'debunk' better cases.
if they really wanted to make people aware about u.f.o.'s there are numerous things they could report and share to do so, but do not. but like i said it is just a suspicion, i have no way of knowing. it could equally be a real sighting the B.B.C. decided to report on because it was one of their own who they trust and know would never lie. but again i have no way of knowing.

edit on 3-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: grammer

edit on 3-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Actually according to Christian singer David Meece his son was “The Alien”.

Lookup the song or lyrics for it off the album David Meece 7.

Selected Lyrics from “The Alien”:
“Some were scared, afraid to speak
The man had powers they had never seen
The lame would walk, the blind could see
To some this man was such a mystery
But to the ones who felt His touch
It was clear just who He was

He was the alien
A stranger in town from a distant land
He was the alien
Living on earth as an alien”

It’s up to you to decide what planet or dimension he was from, just as long as you realize he was living on earth as a man or what that a god. Why did David Meece think he was an alien?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
So is ATS part of this agenda? Cause I didn't here it on BBC. I heard on ATS. So I'm a but confused with your explanation. And what do you mean by "outside the box"?

Why would ATS be part of the agenda? They're simply an outlet for what the BBC is reporting. Have you never heard the outside of the box expression? Google it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edgecrusher26
Hey, this story seems like horse plop.

Perhaps, or perhaps absolutely real...lack of evidence does not mean it is false, saying what is it not is exactly the same as saying what it is..there is no evidence to go on beyond the word of a persons description..and considering there is no cooborating stories, then it could be many things
could be a lie
could be 100% legit and truth
could be misidentification
could be hallucinations,
etc.

Just wondering why you are so convinced that this sighting was even real, based on just radio interview of what man says?

Are you convinced its not real?

still waiting for pictures, video etc... cause in this digital age we live in, you dont have a leg to stand on if there are no pictures/ video for evidence, sorry to debunk.

Actually, due to photoshop, aftereffects, etc...videos and pics mean absolutely nothing.
Now its all aboutsource...and since the source is someone with something to lose, I would actually say this is a bit more credible than a random youtube video of a mothership landing by anonymous..
Now, just because his account is to be believed does not mean we know anything about what he seen...just what he claims he seen based on his memory and perspective.

Btw, what reason would this UFO have for cruising the country side of England?

Bored i guess hey......

What reason does anyone have to do anything? You could think of a million and one reasons, all speculation...silly question really.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lovecents

reply to post by Arken

As downhill as this site is going, there is nothing retarded about your post.

Downhill in a little over a month? wow.

Or are you just one of those banned individuals that came back to gripe about how ATS sucks because they banned you?

I get bored of "ATS is going downhill"...the bloody site is run by contributors...your not insulting the owners or mods, your insulting everyone that uses ATS (including yourself) if your complaining about crappy content...

-pet peeve-

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

On another note I find it unbelieveably hilarious that people believe in aliens but not God

Why?
One is basically the same exact thing we have on earth but elsewhere...there is nothing magical about it...god is supernatural though

No, not in its ET sense...no matter how powerful an alien is, it is not "God"...just a super advanced person/people...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Don't count yourself as a Hater either man. You Hate ALL UFO non-believers, no matter what. No matter what rational proof (we can't call it "proof" either way, for the ones who believe or don't, there is no such thing as proof), but no matter what argument non-believers put out there, you automatically get on their case --even before any "Haters" come onto the thread you say something to lay the groundwork.

So, a "Hater" is anyone who says there's no such thing as UFO's or Aliens (according to you). A "Hater" is anyone who is even undecided on if such life forms exist (again).

So, we're just supposed to have one-sided dialogue, everything is nice and rosy. Wow. I think you don't quite understand the Internet. You're gonna have people from all sides and to mark one side or the other as a Hater is putting the Hater Label on yourself.

You can't call Non-Believers as Haters because you know what? There is no evidence, either way, on if UFO's exist or not. You got everything from blurry black n white photos, to super clear video. You got the fakers and the ones who really took a photo or video of something they themselves cannot explain. Others may be able to.

Don't just shove them aside. Listen to what they have to say. Maybe, just maybe, you'll learn something. Not putting you down or insulting, just giving you the possibility that you may learn something.

I like to hear both sides --like 911. Because, like 911, something happened, or is happening that we cannot explain just yet. Are they Gods? Are they Demons being sent to earth? Are they Angels being sent to earth? Are they being from other planets? Is it mass hysteria or is it someone seeing what they want to see? We don't know. And most importantly, you do not know, and to put others down for their beliefs is to miss out on the uniqueness that is them...that is us.

We'll all find out sometime in the next few years and sadly there will be much "I told you so," no matter what the outcome will be. This will be something else that will divide us, instead of pulling together which is what we should be doing then...and now.

Bring both sides of the fence together. We should focus on what brings us together, not what divides us, and this goes for many areas in society. We need to erase the chalk from the sides we drew and shake the hands with the ones we knew.

I think when the Truth about UFOs finally surfaces, or lands as it were, I think most of us will be surprised by what the reality is that will be. And most of all, none of us will be prepared for what the reality will be because most are too focused on what they are, not what they will mean to our lives when they finally come. Our lives will change and not for the better.

This is a good thread --lots of valuable insight and information. Thanks folks!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by dilly1
So is ATS part of this agenda? Cause I didn't here it on BBC. I heard on ATS. So I'm a but confused with your explanation. And what do you mean by "outside the box"?

Why would ATS be part of the agenda? They're simply an outlet for what the BBC is reporting. Have you never heard the outside of the box expression? Google it.

I know the definition of OOTB. But I wanted to know your "point of view"(where you were going with this)..Do I have to google the meaning of "point of view" too?

And I'm not british so I wouldn't know why BCC would air such crap. ? I do know no american msm will ever air this stuff. Credibility is a bit more important here than BBC ..It looks like the brits accept ufo and aliens phenomena more blindly than most americans. I guess they like there bullshet in the morning.

But please let me know when you want to inform me on your OOTB perception.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How does this get 72 flags without so much as a picture? This whole "flag and star" every little thing to the top is getting highly annoying, off of the back of the guy from yesterday who claimed that he had a buddy at the NSA who apparently wants us all to be aware of an upcoming disclosure.

ATS really needs to make a a concerted effort to raise our standards regarding UFO evidence and possible disclosures. Part of the reason why so many believe the UFO community is a joke is because so many of us jump at the first unsubstantiated BS rumor that comes out on a message board. It drowns out all the real and solid evidence that has come up over the years--and pushes our community further to the fringe. If we want to make a difference, then let's raise our standards.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

People star and flag the post because they want to follow the developments of the story. It's really not that complicated.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well said, Blaine91555 ! Commonsense seems to go out of the window when we see / hear
something we can't explain..

A ufo is just that, an unidentified flying object, nothing more. There is no formula equating ufo's = aliens, except in the minds of the gullible and naive. VERY rarely are ufo's found to be anything other than terrestrial in origin, the tiny remainder merely remain unexplained, BUT " unexplained " does'nt equate to alien visitations. As I've said before, I would'nt doubt there are other life forms in the cosmos. I just don't think they would come here, if they could... If you were from a super intelligent advanced species...Would you ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Any link with this event on the same day and at 100 km. in distance (Oxford-Stansted)?

Armed Forces having a busy day?

on 03-08-201109:34 PM - last edited on 03-08-201109:41 PM

We tend to get a few military aircraft come over us here in Oxford but it's been a bit mental today.

Our pathway is being re-layed and the dog's not been able to go for a walk so I've been in the garden a lot with her today. And saw a load of military aircraft over a relatively short space of time.
I've seen 6 or 7 Chinooks (do we even have that many in one base?), 3 Sea kings, a pair of Apaches, a Hercules C-130 and a squadron of 9 A-10 in V formation. They were all very low. I also saw two fighter jets which I'm pretty sure were eurofighters; they were quite distant and travelling much slower than usual. I never even knew we got eurofighters and apaches round our bases. I'm pretty sure I saw two surveilance aircraft much higher up too. I've never seen a C-130 in the day time here, they always go over really low at night, every few nights.

I understand there's training days and exercises regularly going on but never had this much activity and especially so not in a 2-3hr period with such a variety of aircraft; all travelling in roughly the same direction too (S-SW).

community.eu.playstation.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So I`m in the neutral corner, let`s sum up what this report can tell us.

1. This guy is a respected sportsreporter in the UK. He has nothing to gain, and everything to loose by calling it in. People might think he`s crazy - worst case scenario he`ll loose his job and get sent to a mental hospital. In other words, he must be 100% sure that this was no plane og heli to actually call it in.

2. He seems to have an intellect of at least 80-105 by the way he articulates himself. He should be able to distinguish between planes, satellites, stars, birds, heli`s and a huge disc (moving and hovering stationary).

3. He`s lives in the UK, and as a sportsreporter I recon he`s been flying a bit and knows how both airplanes and heli`s look like up-close and far away.

4. He`s asking for the other person to contact him, he wants to talk about it. Probably wondering if he lost his mind. (How would I feel if I suddenly saw an Unidentified Flying Object, bigger then anything I have seen flying before, disc shaped, moving irrational (hovering like a chopper without the rotor, and glowing?) I`d probably start wondering if I`d been wrong all along and that thing probably isn`t man-made.

5. This took place near the airport, they might have picked up something on radar (it could be released in a few years maybe).

6. He is clearly not drunk as he`s working and driving to the airport. He also sounds very stable.

7. !!This is now a UFO!! .. until someone identifies the flying object with proof of that beeing what he 100% surely saw.

8. If I saw a creature on land double the size of a lion with 8 legs. Would I be able to say, hey, this was no lion, bear, hippo or elephant? Sure.. an ULC - unidentified land creature
Never seen or heard about anything like it..

To that guy that sait it was probably a plane or something - He wouldn`t know a plane if you smacked him over the head with one. Ignoring to analyze the situation is a tell tale sign of low intelligence. I recon we`re gonna see quite a few people of that caliber commenting on this thread
Please people, don`t bother replying to people that are unable to have a rational mindset.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

God has created all the forms of life in the universe. Infinite worlds and infinite life forms.

God has created different and various beings that you can define aliens, monsters or demons.
Perhaps if they saw you or me, they would think the same thing.

But remember, the phrase, "Hic sunt leones!" it have put the men and two true monsters: the FEAR and IGNORANCE!

edit on 4-8-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Whys that?

The means of "aliens" has several meanings.

The theory of aliens or ET's has to do with lifeforms that do not originate from Earth,the theory of god has to do with the creator of what exists as we know it.

They are two different things and neither are proved for a fact.

The theory that aliens are the creators or god of what exists as we know it,is just that,a theory.
edit on 4-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Hey, this story seems like horse plop.

Just wondering why you are so convinced that this sighting was even real, based on just radio interview of what man says?

still waiting for pictures, video etc... cause in this digital age we live in, you dont have a leg to stand on if there are no pictures/ video for evidence, sorry to debunk.

Btw, what reason would this UFO have for cruising the country side of England?

Bored i guess hey......

I think that because of the availability of sophisticated CGI and image editing software, video and photographs are no longer accepted as evidence. We're at the stage where even "experts" can no longer tell the difference, and subsequently anything can be "debunked" (including 9/11 and the moon landings).
People in the public eye (or public ear in this case), have more to lose credibility-wise than someone posting a video anonymously on Youtube, and the BBC aren't really known for their publicity stunts. I think his account sounds pretty credible.
As for what reason a UFO would have for cruising around rural England, I wouldn't put boredom at the top of my list. After all, we spent billions going to the moon, and that's just a lifeless pile of rocks (though I guess you could apply that to Hertforshire...).

edit on 4-8-2011 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join