It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Do we know what it was yet? No? Then it's a UFO. Hundreds are spotted every year. A lot of them might be something stupid in the sky, like a chopper, a plane, a midge out of focus, or even a bird.

But because a huge load go unidentified and sometimes the descriptions sound really really strange, we have to think there's summit fishy going on up there.

We'd be mad to ignore it, wouldn't we?

So stop the argy-bargy.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
Are we still arguing about whether or not aliens exist? God damn that was so 2005, err 2003, err 2001, err SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERNET.

I personally believe that undeniably aliens exist. Yes the government knows about it (refer to the hottel files recently released by the CIA). There has been proof all around us starting with ancient sculptures and paintings. Yes people still see them from time to time, and yes occasionally a newspaper picks up the story as a fluff piece.

If put the link here to just spread the word about the article that's cool, but if you are hoping that you will change any minds, trust me you won't. The people that believe will always believe and the people that don't won't.

Be prepared to encounter these people as you will soon see they will flood this thread with their own personal opinions about how there was a training exercise near there or clearly it was a new aircraft. Better yet they will call the reporter a drunk or say he is unreliable.

Haters gonna hate.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Dr. Strange because: I R NO SPELL SO GOOD

Hi, Nice to meet you Dr. Strange,

I think that Aliens exists, I am totally convinced about it all other possibilites makes absolutely no sense to me. I even convinced my wife that they actually exists even though she is having a hard time with it.

But still, as I have pointed out a few times, I am having a hard time understanding how they got here

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
On another note I find it unbelieveably hilarious that people believe in aliens but not God

Wouldnt God be an....alien?
edit on 3-8-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

I think there is a massive change that "GOD" is an Alien.

Why not, there is endless reports and seeings going all the way back to before "time".

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thank you for sharing this OP!

Until last night I was still leaning towards being a skeptic when it came to UFOs or should I say "Alien Spacecraft" sightings. I always thought they could be rationally explained. Now, I have to be a solid believer.

I was about to create a thread on seeing something along the lines of this last night with three friends in Surrey, I still might as my sighting differs slightly from this but interesting to know that what we saw may have been seen by many other people.

I’m excited like a child over this as usually I can rationally explain bizarre sightings to my friends, this however had me completely baffled and covered in goose bumps!

S+F for spreading the word!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object and not a spaceship from outer space, unless of course you have hard evidence that says otherwise. The most likely explanation is that it was a UAV probably belonging to the military.

As for there not being military bases in the area of Hertfordshire, that is simply not true. RAF Barkway is situated in Hertfordshire. It's no secret that the UK military is now testing out flying saucer shaped UAVs & airships.

Here's one such article.

www.armedforces-int.com...

Taranis: The £143million unmanned UK stealth jet.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 4-8-2011 by kindred because: link

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
ok now we just have to wait for that guy in van in front of him, to confirm this too, or someone else from that area, but thats unlikely cus probably everyone were sleepeing .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I just want to add UK country lanes are often a very bad location to do photography lol. Sometimes you simply dont have the space to pull over as its to dangerous. Not to say this makes the story any more credible, As people have said before he has a lot to lose, someone in the public eye making these claims is very risky for their own personal career. I know he is a reporter but he was modest about what he said, he didnt start talking about aliens he just gave his account and let the listeners fill in the gaps which is a nice change.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I wish one would land behind my house and my husband would go for a ride with them. It's funny, We can talk about it and he really does believe, then the next day or a few hours later he thinks its bunkum!
It really bugs the cr*p out of me.

I really think that if the msm talked about it more and made it less taboo, more people would report sightings. I don't seek validation from these sources, just an end to the taboo.

It does seem like they are trying to distract people from the hacking debacle and attempting to win back listeners, viewers, readers who may be boycotting them.

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I posted this message on page 3 and in my view got unduly flamed.

Originally posted by bluwindRD
One thing that makes me believe he had not seen what he thinks he had seen is the one comment "banked to the left". It is my understanding a saucer shaped vehicle would not have the aerodynamics to fly by conventional methods so if this was a saucer shaped vehicle it must have employed some form of antigravity, and if that is correct the vehicle would have no reason to bank.

Im probibly wrong but thats my two cents

first was:

No offence but if it was an alien saucer or whatever then I dont think aerodynamics will really limit the saucers movement.

That is the exact point i was trying to make, if the ship is saucer shape then aerodynamics are not really an issue, so banking would only server to make any crew lean to one side, an ship employing antigravity could simply move to the left without any need to actually bank (as a conventional aircraft would)

second was:

Sorry but how in the world could you claim to have knowledge of how an alien flying saucer could or couldnt operate?

I dont claim to have any knowledge of how an alien flying saucer, I never even said it was alien. However if you pay attention to what he is saying he never mentions any kind of vapour trail or engine burn so it is safe to assume it is using some form of antigravity so i stand by my first statement that this ship would have no reason to bank when making a turn.

third was:

He did say saucer shaped, but as he saw it from below, so it's hard to comment on what it may have looked like from any other angle. It could been cone-shaped for instance, as in the Rendlesham forest encounter, (That's twice tonight I mention Rendlesham) Anyway it's moot then to consider propulsion.

For the reporter it's worth noting that he mentioned the VW in front, and asking them to come forward, and the size, "larger than a helicopter, and aircraft sized"

IMO, this is an honest report, also the village he mentioned was Cottered in Hertsforshire

i never said it wasnt an honest report, i believe he thinks he is correct in what he has seen, but me personally and im sure many people here would agree that they have seen something in the sky that looks totally out of this world until you catch it from a different angle.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I think if I saw this at the same angle hovering over a field I'd be convinced it was something extra terrestrial myself...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

100 percent even you # your pants directly or you wait for half an hour.

But you will be afraid that is a FACT

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKipling

I think if I saw this at the same angle hovering over a field I'd be convinced it was something extra terrestrial myself...
Yes but if you used logic you would understand that this would be extremely loud and easily identified as a craft powered by a jet engine...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

when did i say it was from outer space
reread my reply
thanks
philware

ps the first pic of uav is tiny
but the second pic is way cool
and would most definately fool
some peeps into thinking they
just saw a UFO
edit on 4-8-2011 by philware because: the ps i added

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

is that plain a real plain?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Logically speaking, the military only reveal aircraft to the public when they are obsolete or have served their purpose. All the fancy stuff is kept under wraps.
edit on 4-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

It's no secret that the UK military is now testing out flying saucer shaped UAVs & airships.

Well, none of the links show any saucer-shaped craft. Besides, according to the witness the thing was much bigger than any known airplane.
edit on 4/8/2011 by WideOpenSpace because: added a quote

edit on 4/8/2011 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is really interesting. Especially makes it more credible that Mike Sewell was asking for additional witnesses.

Also, the commentary from Timothy Good was especially intrigiung. Back-engineered alien technology? I mean, obviously, I've read about that before, but particularly interesting to see it reported on the BBC.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Sounds like he had a great sighting. Let's hope more witnesses come out of the woodwork. I'd like to hear more.

If it turns out to be hoaxers with a big lit-up flying toy I hope they get their arses kicked.

i agree Hoaxers and disinformation spewers should be penalized for the confusion they've caused for many years.
Skeptics are needed to help keep some balance with asuch a complex subject.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Originally posted by MrKipling

Yes but if you used logic you would understand that this would be extremely loud and easily identified as a craft powered by a jet engine...

What if I was driving in a car quite some distance away and unable to hear the sound?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Really ? Like any experienced ATSer didn't already know this? Some of us enjoy the debate even if we're not moving mountains. Even if we don't change minds we exchange ideas and viewpoints. We provide and receive new links to subjects we're interested in. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join