It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

www.bbc.co.uk

Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted

3 August 2011 Last updated at 09:39 GMT Help On his way in to work this morning, Radio 5 live's sports reporter spotted a disc shaped craft circling above a field in Hertfordshire. Was it a UFO?

describes what he saw and Timothy Good, an unidentified flying objects expert, tells 5 live Breakfast what it could have been.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
A Big bright light and after a disc shaped craft that hover in the sky. It was not an aiplane, it was not an helicopter, but it was much bigger than an airplane and an helicopter.
So, not a "normal aircraft".... a UFO?
The witness, Mike Sewell, a sport reporter Radio 5, seems reliable.

What was that?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thread alredy exist on this news 5 minute before.

Sorry Mod.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Are we still arguing about whether or not aliens exist? God damn that was so 2005, err 2003, err 2001, err SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERNET.

I personally believe that undeniably aliens exist. Yes the government knows about it (refer to the hottel files recently released by the CIA). There has been proof all around us starting with ancient sculptures and paintings. Yes people still see them from time to time, and yes occasionally a newspaper picks up the story as a fluff piece.

If put the link here to just spread the word about the article that's cool, but if you are hoping that you will change any minds, trust me you won't. The people that believe will always believe and the people that don't won't.

Be prepared to encounter these people as you will soon see they will flood this thread with their own personal opinions about how there was a training exercise near there or clearly it was a new aircraft. Better yet they will call the reporter a drunk or say he is unreliable.

Haters gonna hate.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Dr. Strange because: I R NO SPELL SO GOOD

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Thread alredy exist on this news 5 minute before.

Sorry Mod.

No apologies necessary. in our community, we allow a Breaking Alternative News story to appear in both the topical forum (in this case Aliens and UFOs') and Breaking News.... that way people who may not normally monitor other forums won't miss an otherwise good story (and vice versa.)

But thanks for letting others know where the story will remain once it gets bumped off the top of this list by other braking news.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

spot on they still wont believe it if
you had a ufo in the flesh (so to speak)
i have seen loads but you always get
no proof it didnt happen

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What an interesting story.
Listening to his voice and the way he is telling his story , i find him and this to be a very convincing tale. But,,,, Why no photo. You would thought he would have enough time to take one, as he explained that he allegedly observed it for ' several minute's' and you would also think that he would have had a phone on him with a camera on it to take said photo , wouldn't you?????????.
Even if he didn't have a camera on his phone, you would at least thought he would have Phoned a Friend or just phoned anyone, Hey he could've even phoned the police to say what he was seeing. As he stated He had several minutes to do so.
I think this is just a publicity stunt for the radio station.

edit on 3-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
On the BBC News. That is crossing the disclosure line...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Read Meatheads post ^^^^^^^^^^^ then read my post that i originally put up. You see how people will instantly flock to poke holes in any story. Just saying this is the kind of reaction every single one of these threads get.

As for meathead, Let us say you are going about your day and you happen to see something magnificent in the sky. I would be too dumbfounded to move if i saw a real ufo floating in the skies above me much less think about taking a picture of it. Then again I am not trying to prove anything to anyone.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sounds like he had a great sighting. Let's hope more witnesses come out of the woodwork. I'd like to hear more.

If it turns out to be hoaxers with a big lit-up flying toy I hope they get their arses kicked.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well where are those who will shout out HOAX?

Cat caught your tongues?

Well now this is interesting to say the least. And he says he was freaked out by it. Wait a minute no it is not April Fools Day.

Disclosure?

Come on you lot, who know about all of this give us your thoughts on this!
edit on 3-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gah, I'm in hertfordshire, but i was busying myself in the warehouse at that time. Will keep an eye on the sky for the rest of the day, incase it makes an appearence. I will have my phone with my at all times (with a 12 mp camera on it) to see if i can snap/film anything I see.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

You do know what the official response will be yes?

It was a weather balloon

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
really wish we knew more

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I live near stansted airport....15 miles away....i never heard or saw anything. Doesnt mean it didnt happen, just means i wasnt looking.

Ive not heard anyone talk about it all day....so im going to go with mis identified aircraft/RC aircraft/balloon etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I believe he saw something he could not identify, that much is revealed by the way he speaks. The enthusiasm and anxiousness in his voice leads me to believe this. If I were in his position, I would probably not stop my car and try to capture it on video as it would likely put the "fear of god" in me just by considering stopping.

As sightings are captured on video and as the possibilities of the layman creating "believable" sightings on his personal computer increases, more weight is put on instances of verbally documented sightings rather than youtube videos. A video might get overlooked or dismissed altogether because of skilled hoaxers. At least from my perspective, written and verbally documented sightings seems to be the preferred source these days by serious stakeholders, if you will.

Thanks for sharing the news. I hope there will be more people going on record in reference to this incident. Hope you'll keep a lookout for articles or anything similar that mentions it.

PS: There is no way this is pointing in the direction of disclosure. I don't see how you can look at it from that angle at all.
edit on 3/8/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I live near stansted airport....15 miles away....i never heard or saw anything. Doesnt mean it didnt happen, just means i wasnt looking.

Ive not heard anyone talk about it all day....so im going to go with mis identified aircraft/RC aircraft/balloon etc.

I'm sorry I'm picking on your reply but.....

This response is based on no evidence whatsoever! The respondent hasn't even heard any talk about it and yet comes to a "conclusion". Now the very same thing happens on the other side of the fence. No evidence, conclusions based on belief. When those uncorroborated conclusions state "UFO's are real" is it any wonder that official news outlets treat them as a joke. Which is why a lot of worthy reports are simply ignored.

Whether you are a believer or a skeptic towards any subject here on ATS making rash statements does your cause no good whatsoever and if I happen to be "on your side" I'll sound like someone who isn't out of sheer frustration. Please, please , please, wait for evidence to back up your statement before replying.

Bertrand Russell is turning in his grave (see other thread)!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There were reports of a huge floating island cut free from a festival in Cambridgeshire

I think he was driving at the time so using a mobile phone would obviously be difficult as would stopping on a busy motorway or a road.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Someone OBVIOUSLY tied 10,000 chinese lanterns together.

Makes sense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join