It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Landing? Chile July 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Came across this interesting video at youtube. Some unidentified object appears to land downtown Chile? It has me bumfuzzled....Wanted to put this out there for you guys to see. I have no clue what this object is, do you? Imo, it doesn't look like a helicopter but I could be wrong. Can anyone identify this?

Here's the vid:

Thanks in advance!
edit on 2-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
my guess: behind the buildings is an airport.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

There must be an airport near by, because the video in the 2nd half is right in front of a rooftop with lots of lights flickering telling planes '"don't crash into me"

I would appreciate it if people posting these YouTube videos could provide some useful info, like where exactly is this in Chile.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

airplanes don't hover last time i checked

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hard to tell from that far away. You'd think that someone who was nearer to this thing would have filmed it, if it was anything special. UFO videos are always of objects off in the distance, and you can never make anything out.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If its anything hopefully there will be another video or at least a couple witnesses considering where it is and how low it got.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by icepack

You ever heard of the Harrier Jet? Not saying that's what this is, but yes, some can hover.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

There's no hovering. If you look closely, it's descending slowly. In the close-up, you can actually see the two landing lights of the plane. No "UFO" here.

And if you really think it's hovering, download the video and run it through VLC sped up. It's not hovering, just descending.

edit on 2-8-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

reply to post by icepack

You ever heard of the Harrier Jet? Not saying that's what this is, but yes, some can hover.

Those things are loud!! The Spaniards love flying them, and after watching them take off and land for 2 years I can tell you they normally take off and land like normal aircraft. Sometimes they hover though

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

There's no hovering. If you look closely, it's descending slowly. In the close-up, you can actually see the two landing lights of the plane. No "UFO" here.

And if you really think it's hovering, download the video and run it through VLC sped up. It's not hovering, just descending.

To the people that are suggesting there's an airport are claiming that all those lights in random order are in fact airplanes - am I wrong? So, since when do airplanes accelerate at a ludicrous speed and then instantly slow down to a miniscule speed?

How can you claim those lights to be airplanes when they don't act at all like a normal commercial aircraft? Did you guys even watch it all? Look at the movements and speed for crying out loud!

Now this is assuming that the videos are indeed legit.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

yes i know of the harrier...but at a commercial airport in chili...i highly doubt a military jet would be hovering around...nice try though

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Looks like an aircraft with landing lights on.

Just a matter of perspective from the camera makes it seem odd.

There's certainly no hovering going on at all.

The only thing I find odd is that I don't see an airport but my guess would be that it's in the lower-left area where the camera doesn't venture.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

so the first one is a descending airplane...landing in the middle of town...did he land on main street?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

A lot of times military and civilians share the same airport space. I've seen this in Italy, Spain, and the island of Cursos. I would fully expect that military and civilians share some, possibly all, airports in Chili.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Did you guys even watch it all?

No. We all just sit in our chair guessing what each video could possibly be about instead of actually watching them.

Look at the zoomed-in part of the video. You can see the landing lights, one on each wing of the plane. Come on, this is elementary plane identification stuff here.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
People,

There's two videos in one, watch the whole thing. The second part has numerous aircraft in random order, some changing direction in an instant while others accelerate and slow down instantaneously.

Yes the first one did look like an aircraft with it's landing lights on. Even that looked odd because of the closeness of the buildings that are in front of it and behind it.

Look at the whole video people, watch the movements closely, watch the speed.

link   

so the first one is a descending airplane...landing in the middle of town...did he land on main street?

It doesn't matter where you think the plane landed. Wherever it landed, it was out of view of the camera. Your insinuation that it was "main street" is ignorant and baseless. You can clearly see the landing lights.

Elementary plane identification.

link   
reply to post by Swills

I can see the second part of the video being part of an airport as you can see smaller jets taking off...but I would say it's a stretch that it's a harrier...more like a helicopter in the second part...but the first part of the vid is the one that caught my eye

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

It's definitely an aircraft, you can tell by the blinking lights on the top of the building that they are near an airport. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

What about the aircraft that zips by to the right at an insane speed? Also, why is there no order into the landing sequence of these aircraft?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join