It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing photo of my grandfather (recently deceased)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

The picture was taken in broad daylight, its not a game camera, i believe its a camera from her phone

Why is there a Moultrie watermark on the photo then? You know, as in Moultrie Game Cameras...

Either you are trying to Hoax us, or your Aunt is Hoaxing you. People in country still have a sense of humor....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hello there ManBehindTheMask *wave Long-time no see.

For those of you who are not familiar with the OP, and I know my opinion of him may not be enough for you; I fully support what he is telling us as truth. He is not one to knowingly post misinformation.

Back on topic… that is a wonderful shot your aunt got. And boy he was a strong mined man lol it shows in his energy. It’s like he is saying “get off my land, you’re not selling it, go away” lol

And yep, when you’re taking photos for assessment you take shots of everything. Including the ceiling, frame work, floors ect.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Look. You must explain why this was taken with a game camera. This is not a "Cell phone" camera. The tag at the bottom left gives it away. I loaded the pic onto flickr, and it has no EXIF data at all. Perhaps it did not transfer. Third, why take a picture like this in the first place? It's a picture of ceiling of a porch? That makes no sense at all. It's not as if someone took a picture of a scene and later saw an image in it.

Can you explain any of this?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Like I said, I don't care if the photos are real or not as I feel they most likely aren't.
I'm just saying that game cameras can be used for a wide multitude of things on this site/life.

To me it looks like someone was trying to capture an animal that could have been nesting in the rafters.

I do understand where you are coming from as they say this is from a phone which they posted after I had made mine which made me see if they had a phone app or anything but they don't, but I also searched in the site for this brand name and they do sell SD cards that you can transfer pics to a phone, but they said it was taken on a phone so who knows.

SD Memory Cards

It just came off as you were saying they simply weren't legit because of the type of camera used.
I'm a huge crypto buff and loooove game cameras so maybe I took it a little personally

edit on 2-8-2011 by pop_science because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There are surely some inconsistencies between the pictures and your story. There are some questions that you need to respond to here.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes, like why is that tag on those photos if they were from a cell phone and not a game camera?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im searching photobucket, the manufacturers website and other sites to find this exact picture.

Im pretty sure il find it eventually

EDIT: Can you clarify that is a porch you recognize????? And as far as im aware the people who make these cameras do not make phones lol
edit on 2-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi Mask. Sorry to hear about your Granddad.
Hope you and your family are doing okay.

Perhaps it is time to give a call to your aunt, since people are wanting specificities about the camera and circumstances of the photograph. Maybe she can shed some light. Could it be that one of your cousins janked with it, before giving it to her, or while uploading it for her?

I agree that people photograph all areas of a structure when needing an assessment, which could account for the ceiling photo's being taken.

But the image seems so large, like a large man. Does it bear resemblance to your grandfather? By the description you gave of him.....it's curious. Of course that could be distortion, but the image you described doesn't really fit the image in the photo. Unless, of course, you all believe it does look like him.

Again, sorry for your loss. Take care.

edit on 8/2/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
alright! So i just talked to my aunt and apparently it was taken with a game camera! I was under the impression it was with her camera phone and that was an app....

Apparently she was taking picutes in the area with her camera phone...

However there is a game camera there because they were having issues with coyotes getting in to the rabbits, the cages are lined along the side of his trailor.......they turned the camera towards his deck because apparently some people around the area had been seen hanging about after he died, my grandfather had ALOT of stuff.....

So that explains that, the only thing it DOESNT explain is why it snapped a picture of an orbish thing, and then why it snapped a picture of this bright figure ........

other then that if you guys can figure out how to get the data off those pics that would be fantastic for me too, I appreciate all the help
edit on 2-8-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Im searching photobucket, the manufacturers website and other sites to find this exact picture.

Im pretty sure il find it eventually

EDIT: Can you clarify that is a porch you recognize????? And as far as im aware the people who make these cameras do not make phones lol
edit on 2-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Well keep looking buddy, thats my grandfathers covered patio built with sheet metal and iron that i watched him weld with his own bare hands...........

Good luck on your search

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

When did your grandfather pass away, if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
2 no insult to my family in Texas, but she can barely operate facebook muchless doctor a photo......

Yet she somehow managed to get the pics off a game camera, not the most common or well-understood camera in the world, and properly attach them in email to send them to you, but without the EXIF data, which would normally carry with the photo itself.

If I err on the EXIF, please let me know. I'm no expert when it comes to that. I just know the pics I take and slap up on flickr have the data like right here where I took a pic from an email I was sent and put it up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I took another long look at the photos and to me it doesn't look like a porch, it looks like a garage, "ghetto/country" built with a tin roof. Notice the truck window in the bottom left corner. Why and how would there be coyotes on or in this tin roof, how would rabbits get there? Can you show more photos taken with the same camera with the same date misrepresentation. I would like to see other photos that back up the claim of photographing possessions and conditions.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
I took another long look at the photos and to me it doesn't look like a porch, it looks like a garage, "ghetto/country" built with a tin roof. Notice the truck window in the bottom left corner. Why and how would there be coyotes on or in this tin roof, how would rabbits get there? Can you show more photos taken with the same camera with the same date misrepresentation. I would like to see other photos that back up the claim of photographing possessions and conditions.

the date wasnt set on it because apparently they dont use it much, its used on ranches all around west texas, contrary to your statement , operating a game camera is as easy as taking the insides out and plugging them into a computer.....

And it is a porch, it extends over his deck on out onto the gravel for the cars to be parked under.;....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

the date wasnt set on it because apparently they dont use it much, its used on ranches all around west texas, contrary to your statement , operating a game camera is as easy as taking the insides out and plugging them into a computer.....

And it is a porch, it extends over his deck on out onto the gravel for the cars to be parked under.;....

I have not made any statements about the use of a game camera. I believe you are beginning to show aggression which is a common effect of a lie going awry. Please address this at who you truly mean to accuse.

Well I guess your statements were altered before I had the chance to quote as you had said something about someone conclusions were rubbish. This is the aggression I was referring to, what is currently posted was edited to avoid this aggressive statement.

Do not take this as an accusation, look at it more as an observation.
edit on 2-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow you guys...why so much angst? I mean really....long-time poster asking for some help in figuring out an odd pic a relative sent to him. He didn't make any claims.

As to the picture. I would have to say that it is most likely a picture of one of those people seen lurking around the property. I mean, according to your Aunt, that is why the camera was pointed in that direction in the first place, right? If you thought it was from a cell phone I could see why you would think it was ghost-like. Now that we know for sure it was a game camera, and that it is heat showing up as white, it makes perfect sense (I think) that it is someone walking in front of the camera, from left to right. The ray of light above that right before could possible be from a flashlight? Not sure how that would show up, but makes sense to me.

I wouldn't call this a hoax, but a misunderstanding of the equipment involved and therefore how the image would be interpreted.

Sorry about your grandpa.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I must have missed it but where did the conclusion of it being a thermal game camera come from. I have used game cameras before but they all took non thermal images and had an auto flash on it for at night, they are quite interesting to use, not difficult at all. Saw many different animals roaming the yard in the night, racoon, deer, rabbits, even caught a snake once. A four mp camera would be quite clear, I don't have any idea what it would look like as a thermal image but I don't see where it was concluded that this is a thermal camera. Please show.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Is there any way you could get some other pictures sent to you of the house or property to confirm this? I'd imagine if she could so easily send you these pictures that she could snap a few more for us.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Please compare that image to this one of a deer...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5a38e9ba7c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind of looks familiar doesn't it? Could very easily be someone sneaking around the property.

The image you posted is definitely a little brighter and blurrier...but that could be attributed to the difference in cameras.
edit on 2-8-2011 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Wonderful deer photo. And the image of the person, a child?, in the background, it does look ghostly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join