It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing photo of my grandfather (recently deceased)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Great explanation there ! Star for you !!

Only when we get the original EXIF will we be able to say which camera was used, the aperture, the shutter speed and camera effects, if any. Sometimes a setting is put on a camera by mistake and causes a picture to really be misinterpreted.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
MBTM, sorry to hear about your grandfather.

But you had said they set up this camera because people were hanging around the property, so isn't it logical to think that it just snapped a picture of someone wandering around the property? And from seeing other pictures from this type of camera, it does in fact illuminate the objects, so a real person would appear illuminated.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but maybe this is someone wandering around the property and not your deceased grandfather.

p.s. For those that think MBTM is trying to hoax...give it up. From his interpretation he thinks it is his grandfather, but he has also asked what everyone else thinks...and he is given us as much information as possible.
edit on 3-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Has your grandfather been seen since his death, aside from these photos? Anything unusual happen in the house since his death? Any chance you could try to take photos, not with a game camera, of the house and area and see what pops up?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by pop_science

Well....i am offended when people post this nonsense knowing or not knowing....it took me 2 mins to work out this was not legit. The op said they were taking pics of the porch...nothing about ghost hunting.

The camera is a big part, im VERY sceptical, and so should you be.

Yes I understand your pain, this photo is so offensive, ban him now!
A) He is a respected member and contributor on ATS.
B) It's a conspiracy site, lots of ghosts and flying rods and reptilian leaders.
C) If it really does offend you, seek some therapy.

That being said, I don't believe what I see either, but it's filed away in the rest of the topics on this site that I cannot be bothered with. Walk away, stop being so offended on a site such as ATS.

Get offended for stuff that matters, but hey, if a photo of supernatural tone is what makes you ring the bell and stuff, all the power to ya.
edit on 3-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

Condolences for your loss OP.
edit on 3-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitch88

I don't doubt that it sometimes does but it doesn't strip everything all the time. I've come across photos on here many times that contained most if not all of its exif data.

Not saying he shouldn't upload it like has been requested, just pointing out that there is some information in the current photo.

That's because you don't have to use ats media. You can also use an independent image hosting service. Like this:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok...I said it before and I will say it again.....the dates on the pictures are in 2010......it is now Aug. 2011.....so...what is up with that? It is stated that his Grandfather has recently died.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You have to manually update the time/date stamp on most game cameras. Not everybody cares enough to set the time stamps on even basic consumer cameras. It's a non-issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photoshop has nothing to do with these pics.

The images are real. No doubt about it. The question is: Who is in these pics?

I can see why the OP has become defensive. So called de-bunkers are giving a 1% effort at actually de-bunking and calling him a liar and hoaxer in their typical underhanded ways.

.......and "Thermal" is not the same as Infra-red. You would do well to actually know your stuff before you post.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To the OP.

Wow, that is an incredible picture.

I also have most of my relatives living in Texas.

They still have a VCR....And it's still blinking 12:00.

To think your relatives altered the photo is laughable.

I believe anything is possible.

I am also very sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Last i knew..
ATS strips the EXIF sata from photos once uploaded here.

So no EXIF data means nothing, other than he put them on ATS, which strips the data.
you are looking for something that no longer exists in the photos you've gotten from here.

You'll need to be emailed the originals if you want the data.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I was just questioning the dates....they confused me...thank you for clarifying that for me...As far as what is in those pictures....I really don't know....but I do believe after we have passed over from this realm to another...we still can communicate with people in the realm we just left.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Cool picture!

I also don't bother to set the date on my camera!

I will never, ever post a picture on ATS of a ghost, UFO, Nessie, Bigfoot or anything interesting which I, or a friend/relative may happen to capture. It just ain't worth the hassle, so fair play for putting the pic up!

OP, my condolences on your loss, and apologies for the offensive little imbeciles that come on here to enrich their pathetic little lives by trying to upset people that are genuinely looking for answers.

My, and I'm sure thousands of other's post counts and viewing time would be far higher if the mods actually got rid of these little twerps.

Good luck with the thread, mate!

Take it easy,

Laze x

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the kind words and condolences.......

I uploaded the images to flikr, so we should be able to pull more info!

I think thats how you do it right? lol heres the links

Pic 1

pic 2

I hope this works, sorry ive been extremely busy today, so trying to keep up!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

People will see what they want, I think it resembles him, I know that it was taken during the day, and I know where it was taken...........thats all I need to know.........

IS it him? who knows.........but it sure is a neat picture......

They are neat pictures. Thanks for showing them.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes, thanks for posting, and my condolences [I've just lost 2 myself].

Second shot made the hair on my arms stand up.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey, I have an idea, TMBM if you get the chance try to borrow this camera from your aunt and replicate a similar photo. Best way would be to set it up, I believe they can fairly easily be strapped to a tree, then if it has different settings change them around and use trial and error. Then when strapped to a tree with the proper setting walk quickly behind a very nearby tree. Properly done this image should be fairly easy to replicate. As I said before its not a fake it was just originally misinterpreted. If the exif data can't be pulled from Tue recently uplowded Flickr photos this would be a good way to show the plausibility of the photo being a blurred backlash motion photo of either family or an intruder. Honestly in the country whig is where it looks like this photo was taken based on building materials and your statement about your aun t being fairly country I would venture a guess that it is family. Also, do you know how long the game cam was in that location. If it was a very long time it could actually be your grandfather.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch88

I don't doubt that it sometimes does but it doesn't strip everything all the time. I've come across photos on here many times that contained most if not all of its exif data.

Not saying he shouldn't upload it like has been requested, just pointing out that there is some information in the current photo.

EDIT TO ADD: OP's upload to flickr has the EXIF data. Click on ACTIONS at the top left, then on VIEW EXIF INFO. It has the camera model number and all the settings information.

There is not. I uploaded the picture to flickr myself to take a look. the EXIF data is not there. I also uploaded a picture I had received via email from someone else as a 'control' and it was full of EXIF data. I don't know the details of this particular camera, since we do not have even a model number. I think there is a poster here who has familiarity with this kind of camera. Perhaps he can help us out with this issue.
edit on 8/3/2011 by schuyler because: new information

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
No disrespect to your deceased grandfather but those two photos are exactly the same. Putting a white blurr behind Tue poll isn't ticking anyone. It's quite strange how the lines of the photos match up exactly, this is extremely rare even with a tripod. Vibrations on the porch would alter the position of the camera slightly even on a tripod. If it free hand the photos detailed lines would be altered noticeably. There is no detail alteration whatsoever in these two photos.

first of all , yes the date is wrong on her tag, apparently its an app on her phone

2 no insult to my family in Texas, but she can barely operate facebook muchless doctor a photo......

But thanks for your input.......

I would say that the temp of 75 degrees is wrong also. Few places in Texas got down to that temp at any time of the day or night within the last couple of weeks.

Your statement is not exactly correct. The average nightime temps in west texas are - and were the last few weeks - in the mid 70's. The temp only supports the conclusion this picture was taken at night.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

Give it a break. My home turf is hitting record highs.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

so what? are you in west texas?

did you even bother to check national weather service for historical data or do you simply bloviate for the sake of it?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Hello again ManBehindTheMask,

The EXIF shows that it was taken with a D55IR Digital MultiCam II Moultrie Game Camera :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6063a5733cc.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the data...everything was set to automatic and normal settings. The flash fired. The exposure was set at 0.143 sec when the picture was taken.

Important to note that the date is indeed January 5th 2010, The original date and digitized date. Since the camera was manufactured in 2008 and unless the flash battery was totally dead, this would be the date the picture was taken.

So basically, yes, it could very well be your grandfather on this picture. But taken when he was alive in 2010. I assume that those two pictures were already there when your aunt took some extra ones in 2011.

Here is all the EXIF data :

Dates

Taken on January 5, 2010 at 5.38pm PST

Posted to Flickr August 3, 2011 at 11.51AM PDT

Exif data

Camera Digital MultiCam II Moultrie Game Camera

Exposure 0.143 sec (1/7)

Aperture f/3.0

Focal Length 7.3 mm

ISO Speed 0

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash Fired

Image Description

D55IR_V076.B00038.069__FG=6000,FT=136069,NIR=0,GM=2,EV=59,PY=31,DY=86,GB=0x80,SG=0x38,EL=2
525,AEY=4,AEM=0,AEB=1

Orientation Horizontal (normal)

Date and Time (Modified) 2008:03:05 15:30:30

YCbCr Positioning Co-sited

Copyright Copyright 2008

Exposure Program Program AE

Date and Time (Original) 2010:01:05 17:38:40

Date and Time (Digitized) 2010:01:05 17:38:40

Compressed Bits Per Pixel 1.125

Metering Mode Average

Light Source Unknown

Sensing Method One-chip color area

Color Space sRGB

Exposure Mode Auto

Custom Rendered Normal

Scene Capture Type Standard

White Balance Auto

Subject Distance Range Distant

Compression JPEG (old-style)

X-Resolution 72 dpi

Y-Resolution 72 dpi

Hope this helps you in answering some questions. And my deepest condolences once again.

SonoftheSun.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join