It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing photo of my grandfather (recently deceased)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
No disrespect to your deceased grandfather but those two photos are exactly the same. Putting a white blurr behind Tue poll isn't ticking anyone. It's quite strange how the lines of the photos match up exactly, this is extremely rare even with a tripod. Vibrations on the porch would alter the position of the camera slightly even on a tripod. If it free hand the photos detailed lines would be altered noticeably. There is no detail alteration whatsoever in these two photos.

first of all , yes the date is wrong on her tag, apparently its an app on her phone

2 no insult to my family in Texas, but she can barely operate facebook muchless doctor a photo......

But thanks for your input.......

I would say that the temp of 75 degrees is wrong also. Few places in Texas got down to that temp at any time of the day or night within the last couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Please compare that image to this one of a deer...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5a38e9ba7c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind of looks familiar doesn't it? Could very easily be someone sneaking around the property.

The image you posted is definitely a little brighter and blurrier...but that could be attributed to the difference in cameras.
edit on 2-8-2011 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

Definitely not a match at all unless you only looking at the person and animal. The image of the grandfather has detail in the wood which a thermal camera would not pick up. It's not a thermal camera. If the detail could be picked up on the wood then in the buck image the grass would also have detail of some kind.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What is that behind the deer that has caught the deers attention? Looks creepy lol

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

I didn't intent to show it as a match...more of an example of the lighting on game cameras can work. It's not unusual to see an image show up incredibly bright and out of focus...and given we really have no other information to go on since the EXIF data for the image was mysteriously lost in translation...I'm just grabbing at straws.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XJMatt
What is that behind the deer that has caught the deers attention? Looks creepy lol

Looks like a child maybe, but that's not very pertinent to the argument going on. Can we please re avert our attention back to the images in question, I'm not saying ignore the deer image I'm just asking for a little bit of content specificity.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have no ill will against the OP. And I also agree that as a long-time poster, perhaps he should get just a bit of slack. But this is an extraordinary claim and things aren't falling into place very well. If the OP's claim is real, then he shouldn't mind a bit of inquisition here, because if it all passes, he has a much stronger case. Perhaps he should look at it that way. If it does pass muster, it's a stronger case. I would expect the OP to cooperate in that effort and welcome the help.

Perhaps this "challenge/response" thing we've been going through is not a good idea, because it doesn't make things look good. First OP says this was taken with a cell phone camera. When it was pointed out it was a game camera, he checks with his aunt, and sure enough, it was a game camera. The shots were supposed to be of a porch, but the truck window was pointed out, and sure enough, the porch extends out into a gravel driveway. The aunt is supposed to be technologicvally clueless, yet here we have the pictures neatly posted. OP also doesn't know what EXIF data is and can't provide it. It's not that none of this COULD be true, it's just that the combination makes me uneasy.

Now, we have a couple of pictures of a porch, that turns out to be a carport, taken at a VERY odd angle. It looks like it was taken at near ground level pointed up at the roof. No matter what you were trying to taske a picture of, this is not normal. If these were supposed to be tracking pics, that's not how you would do it. You would point horizontal over a wide range trying to capture a coyote, for example. If you were actually taking pictures with a game camera of the estate hoping to show the condition of the roof, you wouldn't take them at floor level and ake them so assymetrical. You'd stand up, square up the shot, and take a simple pic of the underside of the roof. These pics are taken at such an odd angle and position that they could not possibly be to track animals automatically or document an estate. The fact that a game camera was used is doubly odd. They aren't designed for that sort of work. A cheap point and shoot like a Coolpix is much mopre appropriate.

Now if you really want to document this, we need more pics. For example, we need a straight-forward picture of the porch from a distance showing the context with the house and driveway pointing out where the game camera was when the shots were taken. Show us how the shot was taken.

I'm sorry, but I've seen a ton of these threads where people really did try to help the OP out, but were met with this kind of "naive resistance" where the OP is just kind of not quite understanding why more information is required and can't quite put his finger on further information so that it was like pulling teeth trying to get answers. It feels like dealing with these "stolen valor" guys who claim to have been in the special forces. "Show me your DD-214." "Well, it's around here somewhere. I'll get back to you on that." And, of course, they never do.

So, OP. I don't know if you're doing that or not. I make no accusations. But you've been here a good long while and you really ought to know what is required with these sorts of extraordinary claims: Extraordinary proof. You've done a shockingly poor job of that so far, so I invite you to try again. You really shouldn't need us to hold your hand through the whole process. You have the major objections through a number of posts. Put together a packet and show us your stuff.
edit on 8/2/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

There are surely some inconsistencies between the pictures and your story. There are some questions that you need to respond to here.

Perhaps the OP was not told the truth of the matter. Let us suppose that it is a game camera that was installed after the death and to capture images of anyone that came to the house without authorization. That explains the fixed-in-place camera suggestion.

I can believe in spirits, but to me that is a human body, evidently a sharp-nosed, heavyset woman that walked in front of the camera so close that the flash over-exposed her image and slightly blurred it because of the closeness to the camera.

Certainly, there is no reason to suppose a grandfather sitting in a chair with beer and smokes with a ball hat on. Frankly, I suspect ATS is being played here and that the OP is really wanting some good thoughts on what the image really shows without revealing her real intent.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by DarkSarcasm

I didn't intent to show it as a match...more of an example of the lighting on game cameras can work. It's not unusual to see an image show up incredibly bright and out of focus...and given we really have no other information to go on since the EXIF data for the image was mysteriously lost in translation...I'm just grabbing at straws.

Completely understood, however the op images are far too detailed to actually be from a thermal imaging device. The decomposition or staining details of the wood would not be so detailed if it was a thermal image. That thermal image you provided is about as good as it gets for personal home usage. Anything better would have come from a very expensive device that (I'm assuming) would not be financially feasible for identifying an intruding animal.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here are some more examples of this effect:

Clearly, this is nothing unusual for this type of camera, and it seems very likely the photos in the OP were caused by a person walking by.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Leaflock

The second photo of the deer coming in from the right side almost matches perfectly to the original picture.

Excellent.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leaflock
Here are some more examples of this effect:

Clearly, this is nothing unusual for this type of camera, and it seems very likely the photos in the OP were caused by a person walking by.

Now these move this discussion along very well, its still not a thermal camera, the lighting is caused by a flash reflection. My comments earlier about the detail orientation ill admit were probably incorrect based on the stationary position of the game camera. I had much fun with this discussion.

This is now in my mind solved, it a passing person in the dark with a major flash reflection. It is not a dead grandfather.

Whoever said earlier that the op was not claiming anything, you need to reread the thread title.

Amazing Photo of my dead grandfather.

Needs to be changed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It takes time to find the original photo...sorry but im very skeptical.

Sorry but there is a difference between being skeptical and down right rude and accusatory.

I dont know why so many of you on here are so mean. A member comes here to ask about a photo, ASK, not be accused. Have some respect before you start accusing someone of hoaxing. NO wonder more people don't post their pics and stories here.

Now ON TOPIC:

MBTM, sorry about your grandfather
my condolences to you and your family

Interesting pic, both of them. I read the entire thread and I am not familiar with a game camera and never even heard of one. Since looking at the pics of those game cameras, was anyone standing there maybe? I have no idea how they work but I just noticed how the deer looks all white. Personally I havent a clue what it is but I dont discount your grandfathers spirit at all. I have seen spirits myself and one that I saw was all white and kind of glowing. It was my roommates wife who had passed years before and when I told him what I saw he turned white. I had never met her yet I described her night gown to a T. She was just walking by in the living room near the bar one night, both me and the dog looked that way and stared. I was a little creeped out but not by much. I think she was just checking up on her family. I could feel her presence in that house often.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hello ManBehindTheMask,

Sorry for your loss. Condolences.

I too, would be interested in seeing the EXIF data of those two pictures. If you could upload your pics - as you got them - straight to a picture gallery such as Flicker and post a link to them, it might work.

Also, just out of curiosity...do you see a resemblance of any kind between the ghostly figure and your grandfather?

And finally, the rudeness of some members in this thread is just...wow...It's not a court session, it's a thread on ATS...from a member that just suffered a loss and is curious about a picture sent to him.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

It takes time to find the original photo...sorry but im very skeptical.

Sorry but there is a difference between being skeptical and down right rude and accusatory.

I dont know why so many of you on here are so mean. A member comes here to ask about a photo, ASK, not be accused. Have some respect before you start accusing someone of hoaxing. NO wonder more people don't post their pics and stories here.

Now ON TOPIC:

MBTM, sorry about your grandfather
my condolences to you and your family

Interesting pic, both of them. I read the entire thread and I am not familiar with a game camera and never even heard of one. Since looking at the pics of those game cameras, was anyone standing there maybe? I have no idea how they work but I just noticed how the deer looks all white. Personally I havent a clue what it is but I dont discount your grandfathers spirit at all. I have seen spirits myself and one that I saw was all white and kind of glowing. It was my roommates wife who had passed years before and when I told him what I saw he turned white. I had never met her yet I described her night gown to a T. She was just walking by in the living room near the bar one night, both me and the dog looked that way and stared. I was a little creeped out but not by much. I think she was just checking up on her family. I could feel her presence in that house often.

Yes they they are a few very interesting pics, Like i said, im not here to PROVE or disprove anything I just posted it to share with everyone.......

Like i said , I thought i heard she had taken them with her phone, however, upon talking to her on facebook, i found out that it was a game camera that was there, that they turned around to watch for people going in the house at night......

As far as the time and date stuff, NO idea, Im not familiar with time stamping etc on game cameras......

I do know that my aunt and uncle wouldnt intentionally send something to hoax........these people lived right next on the next section of acerage to my grandfather for 20 something years and worked the oil wells with him.......the grief hit them harder then anyone..........so for them to hoax this , I know w out a doubt is bs.........

besides like i said I know the picture is from his place I recognize all the background.......

Now WHAT it is , I have no idea.........

again im not here to prove anything, I just thought it was an amazing photo of what looks like my grandfather, where he use to always sit on his cooler.......

Be rude if you want, its your own futile efforts.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Hello ManBehindTheMask,

Sorry for your loss. Condolences.

I too, would be interested in seeing the EXIF data of those two pictures. If you could upload your pics - as you got them - straight to a picture gallery such as Flicker and post a link to them, it might work.

Also, just out of curiosity...do you see a resemblance of any kind between the ghostly figure and your grandfather?

And finally, the rudeness of some members in this thread is just...wow...It's not a court session, it's a thread on ATS...from a member that just suffered a loss and is curious about a picture sent to him.

so if i upload them to flicker from my email then you guys can pull up the EXIF am i correct? if so thats what ill do......

To me yeah i can, he was a very small man......i can see a really clear resemblence.....however the mind can play tricks........

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Picture or not.... your grandfather is there, no doubt. He will probably contact you. My condolences to those that love him.

The animosity in this thread from some is absolutely amazing.
Such anger.

On the lighter side... be glad that you are one of the better known posters here. Most threads like this are closed by moderators even though the discussion is going well (and much more interesting than anger over game cameras). Closed and the OPs and those interested in discussion never get a chance to continue. One of the biggest things I hate about ATS.

Thank you or going out of your way to share and try to enlighten.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Don't get your hopes up about your grandfather hanging out in his old spot.

The picture is of someone moving in front of a game camera that uses infrared illumination to take pictures in the dark. Infrared is used so that the flash doesn't spook game animals.

The camera is NOT a "thermal imaging" camera. It uses thermal sensors to detect movement in front of the camera and then takes pics in either daylight or nightvision mode just like you get with some digital cameras. The infrared flash can and does cause some pretty serious backflash if the object is too close to the camera and especially if the object is in motion, like this person obviously was. Hell, there a truck parked right next to the moving person...

How do I know? I use game cameras regularly and have a part-time job that involves selling them. I've seen literally dozens of photos like the one posted by the OP.

Case dismissed. Not a ghost, sorry.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Decision because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decision

The picture is of someone moving in front of a game camera that uses infrared illumination to take pictures in the dark. Infrared is used so that the flash doesn't spook game animals.

The camera is NOT a "thermal imaging" camera. It uses thermal sensors to detect movement in front of the camera and then takes pics in either daylight or nightvision mode just like you get with some digital cameras. The infrared flash can and does cause some pretty serious backflash if the object is too close to the camera and especially if the object is in motion, like this person obviously was. Hell, there a truck parked right next to the moving person...

How do I know? I use game cameras regularly and have a part-time job that involves selling them. I've seen literally dozens of photos like the one posted by the OP.

Thats fantastic.................

Except the picture is taken in broad daylight.........given that ALL that you said is true, the fact that its taken in daylight then, should prove that its odd to capture that image......2 thats not a truck that is a cab that is used to cover part of the rabbit cages.........
edit on 2-8-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by nyk537

Wonderful deer photo. And the image of the person, a child?, in the background, it does look ghostly.

Is it in the foreground or background.

Oh, there's your answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decision

Thats fantastic.................

Except the picture is taken in broad daylight.........given that ALL that you said is true, the fact that its taken in daylight then, should prove that its odd to capture that image......2 thats not a truck that is a cab that is used to cover part of the rabbit cages.........
edit on 2-8-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

That camera doesn't take black and white photos in broad daylight. Maybe underneath the covering, there was not enough light so it stayed in night mode... could certainly explain why the flash overpowered the person so much. The camera is definitely shooting in night mode so it's not as bright as you suggest. I'm not trying to ridicule you or say it's fake. I'm saying the photo has a perfectly logical explanation that has nothing to do with ghosts and for you to defend the ghost angle just makes you seem... well... delusionally optimistic.

There's a truck cab... covering the rabbit cages? That's clearly the door of a vehicle right there. Certainly possible just seems like an odd choice of construction materials.

You really need to give up on the ghost baloney and focus on the fact that, if this person wasn't supposed to be there, you've got a much more pressing issue.

Well now that I read more carefully, the camera your aunt has may or may not be color or infrared... I thought the model of her camera was posted but it wasn't. Regardless, a black and white camera, in a shadowed area, will flash and cause the effect seen in your photo. Forgive me if any of the technical details about the camera's operation were wrong, but the explanation is still valid. A live person walked in front of the camera.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join