It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Congress Getting Even More Super Powers In Debt Deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Super congress gotta poster depressed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I wouldn't worry. This thread won't escape notice. I don't think anyone was trying to hide it either. Just some anal mod decided that because it's breaking news about politics that it should be in the politics forum rather than breaking news.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I was thinking the exact same thing georgia. I hate to think what they could be intending to do with this super congress. Beside taking over the country of course, specifically I mean.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
For those in constant "We must do something!"

We are not powerless, though. It's just that the idea of doing what needs to be done is beyond our programmed ability to embrace.... a simple powerful idea that doesn't even come up in hushed tones, so removed is it from the public dialog.

Uh oh.... the Rant'o'meter just spiked... I will simmer for a while until.... the upcoming thread... wherein my rant will take a more fruitful (and potentially less disruptive) form.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

No, no, please continue on, to enlighten us about this most simple yet powerful idea the 'people who want to do something' are overlooking.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Who will be on this "Super Congress"?

My guesses...

Democrats:

Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schumer
John Kerry
Barney Frank
Barbara Boxer

Republicans:

Mitch McConnell
John Boehner
Olympia Snowe
Scott Brown
John McCain
?

Conservatives and America in general, We Are Truly Screwed.

edit on 2-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

7 trillion in new debt added over the next 10 years ...

We already have a $14 trillion federal debt. With an addition 7 trillion means we are looking at over $21 Trillion.

No foreign investor is going to buy that debt.

Those pretty green slips of paper in your wallet commonly known as U.S. dollars are Federal Reserve Notes. Bank scrip. The Fed can print as much of it as it wants or needs to. With this in mind, consider that fully eighty percent (80%) of U.S. Treasuries (U.S. government debt) sold in 2009 were bought by the Fed because there were no other willing buyers. factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com...

In 2009, the Bernanke doubled the US money supply in one year. It was done by banks LENDING new money into the system. That is how "new money" is created in a fiat money system. The Average credit card debt per household is $14,687 this does not include education loans, car loans and house mortgages. 97% of the US money supply is in the form of banks loans.- Interesting that the US dollar has lost 96% of its value since the Federal Reserve Act.

Other countries are not happy with the situation. The Russians, China and others are calling for a different world reserve currency than the dollar.

The OPEC oil countries are moving to the Euro instead of the US dollar, that is the real reason for the heating up of the middle east. The Real But Unspoken Reasons For The Iraq War

The shocking admission Ft Knox holds very little good delivery gold was made to Mr. Durell by the chief official of the General Accounting Office (GAO). This happened a few months after the September 1974 tour.

www.lewrockwell.com...

WHO owns the gold still in Ft Knox??? Seems 66% of Germany's gold (3,400 tons???) resides in fort Knox!

Jim Rickards lays out a plan to commandeer Germany’s and all foreign depositors of sovereign gold at the New York Fed as currency wars heat up... maxkeiser.com...

Also China is amassing gold:

The Wall Street Journal reports Friday that gold prices are soaring to record highs as a new powerful factor has emerged as a driver of that rally — China.

According to the Journal, China is now buying huge amounts of gold ...
key data released by China’s state-run Xinhua news agency showing that China imported 209.7 metric tons of gold in the first 10 months of this year. That’s a five hundred percent increase compared to the same period in 2009... www.moneynews.com...

Jun 18, 2010 ... As the world's largest producer of the metal, China often buys gold from its own mines and doesn't report those sales publicly... www.businessinsider.com...

The People's Bank of China(PBOC) recommended yesterday that 1 billion Chinese consider buying gold as a hedge against inflation ; blogs.forbes.com...

If the US dollar ever losses reserve currency status all the inflationary birds are going to come home to roost and we are going to be in a world of hurt.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Now we see what this whole Debt Ceiling "crisis" was about. I have a gut feeling that THIS is what the whole point was. The goal was to establish this Super Congress, or Super Committee.

This IS a conspiracy site, right? Anyone else have this feeling?

The whole idea is to bring the USA under "Global Governance" and that is where we are headed. To do that the USA has to first be brought to her knees so she will surrender her sovereignty. Once you realize that then all the "Political Madness" suddenly is no longer madness but a long term strategy with a very obvious goal - The complete destruction of our nation - TREASON!

This is an example of what I am talking about using food. Do not forget that the control of the food supply is a military weapon. It was used by Stalin to great effect on stubborn Ukrainians in the very recent past.

In the short term past:
1. Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and the scholarships are under the control of the Rothschilds.

2. The World Trade Organization was ratified by Clinton in 1885.

3. The WTO in cooperation with the United Nations FAO and OIE writes Good Farming/Agriculture Practices.

FAO GAPs (fruits and veggies)

“What are Good Agricultural Practices?
...A multiplicity of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) codes, standards and regulations have been developed in recent years by the food industry and producers organizations but also governments and NGOs, aiming to codify agricultural practices at farm level for a range of commodities....”
www.fao.org... [has links]

OIE Good Farming Practices: Livestock
GUIDE TO GOOD FARMING PRACTICES FOR ANIMAL PRODUCTION FOOD and Good Dairy Farming Practice.

4. The FDA announces on their website in 2008

From FDA website in 2008
International Harmonization
www.cfsan.fda.gov...

“The harmonization of laws, regulations and standards between and among trading partners requires intense, complex, time-consuming negotiations by CFSAN officials. Harmonization must simultaneously facilitate international trade and promote mutual understanding, while protecting national interests and establish a basis to resolve food issues on sound scientific evidence in an objective atmosphere. Failure to reach a consistent, harmonized set of laws, regulations and standards within the freetrade agreements and the World Trade Organization Agreements can result in considerable economic repercussions...”

This by the way was an out right lie because provisions were made in the treaty to assure US law trumped the WTO in order to convince Congress to ratify the treaty.

4. The Food Safety Modernization Act is passed in 2010 and contains:

The "Food Safety Modernization Act" just being passed in December 2010 g0es in effect 2012.
The new law includes the following section:
SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

Full control of farm regulation has now been placed under the control of the WTO "officially" Americans no longer have ANY control of that aspect of their economy.

ARTICLE by WTO DIRECTOR
A year ago in The Global Journal this article appeared Of What Use is Global Governance? written by Pascal Lamy, Director, World Trade Organization (WTO) He speaks of the European Union as sort of an intermediate stage.

...the [EU is] very incarnation of an international organization of integration in which Member States have agreed to relinquish sovereignty in order to strengthen the coherence and effectiveness of their actions.

...If there is one place on earth where new forms of global governance have been tested since the Second World War, it is in Europe. European integration is the most ambitious supranational governance experience ever undertaken. It is the story of interdependence desired, defined, and organized by the Member States. In no respect is the work complete—neither geographically nor in terms of depth (i.e., the powers conferred by the Member States to the E.U.), nor, obviously, in terms of identity....

Our challenge today is to establish a system of global governance that provides a better balance between leadership, effectiveness, and legitimacy on the one hand, and coherence on the other...

And lastly there is "Global Governance 2025" by by US & EU Intelligence Agencies courtesy of Freedom of Information Act, at cia.gov.

The Atlantic Council has a summary HERE

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris. ....

The goal is now out in the open. It look like the complete demise of the USA in all but name is slated for 2025.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

One of the best quotes and liners ever.

Time to stock on the ammo...

edit on 2-8-2011 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Damn man, that was WELL said and gave me a whole new perspective on things. Probably one of the best posts I've ever read!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is pretty scary:and unconstitutional: if the other newly "impotent" representatives and Senators don't stand up for themselves and their constituents. What good are they?I'm resisting the urge to let fly a bunch of hot air and bravado.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

ABOUT THE AMERICAN DEBT... ON THE BILL OF DOLLAR IT IS WRITTEN THAT THIS IS ONLY PAPER, AND HAS NO VALUE!!!! SO BASICALLY THE DEBT IS ONLY ILLUSION! THE PEOPLE GIVE VALUE TO THE DOLLAR. STOP BELIEVING THE FEDERAL RESERVE CRAP!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Time to water the Tree of Freedom with the blood of patriots... The problem seems to be we're in a drought!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I still disagree with this notion of a Super Congress and dismissed it as fear-mongering.

Committees have always existed and if you know the way Congress and the Senate work, you would see that this committee is no different from any other committee. They are a sort of study group to look further into a bill to see if it warrants further attention by the governing body as a whole.

In this case, people are assigning the work of all committees to this one and this one only when in fact, the committee is not a standing committee but a temporary one that is set up as a fact-finding group to work within both Congress and Senate to avoid a debt ceiling debacle like the one we so recently witnessed.

Please don't launch attacks on me because I have a different viewpoint.

I'm just asking for members to prove this to a skeptic. Can you provide any proof that this committee is in any way different from others?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And tis gets challenged in the Supreme Court in 5. . .4. . 3. . .

This IS unconstitutional.

It HAS to be!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Who will be on this "Super Congress"?

My guesses...

Democrats:

Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schumer
John Kerry
Barney Frank
Barbara Boxer

Republicans:

Mitch McConnell
John Boehner
Olympia Snowe
Scott Brown
John McCain
?

Conservatives and America in general, We Are Truly Screwed.

Each and every one of those people are a progressive. It matters not that they are republican or democrat!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It doesn't have to be because you say so.

Committees have always been around.

ETA: Your second post is taking someone who just said they GUESSED and accepting what they say as pure fact. Then, you are taking this GUESS and spinning it with your own subjective view of these politicians.

Isn't it QUITE telling that not a single person has responded to my first post?
edit on 3-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
I still disagree with this notion of a Super Congress and dismissed it as fear-mongering.

Committees have always existed and if you know the way Congress and the Senate work, you would see that this committee is no different from any other committee. They are a sort of study group to look further into a bill to see if it warrants further attention by the governing body as a whole.

In this case, people are assigning the work of all committees to this one and this one only when in fact, the committee is not a standing committee but a temporary one that is set up as a fact-finding group to work within both Congress and Senate to avoid a debt ceiling debacle like the one we so recently witnessed.

Please don't launch attacks on me because I have a different viewpoint.

I'm just asking for members to prove this to a skeptic. Can you provide any proof that this committee is in any way different from others?

This committee will write the bill or have someone else do it - no problem there but ...

Since when does a committee get to decide when their bill comes to the floor for a vote. Or since when does a committee get to have no amendments made to the bill they bring forward. Also since when does a committee bring a bill forward in the senate that can't be filibustered. This is hardly just a normal committee. (quotes from the bill about how this committee's bills are to be handled are quoted on page 2 by me)

Also they can look at anything they want according to Harry Reid. It doesn't just have to be about these spending cuts. (check the huffpo article for where Reid says this)

edit on 3-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by beezzer

Isn't it QUITE telling that not a single person has responded to my first post?
edit on 3-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

Yeah it says that no ones really read your post yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've just spent the last hour scanning the amendment (here).

It seems that it may be hyperbole to state it is outright "unconstitutional" but it nevertheless does change rules which have been long-standing (like the 2/3 majority required for legislation - which seemed like a cornerstone rule to me.)

Also it does eliminate the potential for filibustering and adding 'riders' on whatever legislation the new body comes up with. This new bicameral committee is called the "JOINT SELECT COMMITTEE ON DEFICIT REDUCTION" and the legislation itself says the committee's lifespan only lasts until January 31, 2012. They have until November to hold their first meeting, and must produce a report no later than December 2, 2011. By December 23rd, there must be a vote on their proposal.

While it may not appear 'radical' from a political point of view, when you start changing the rules because you can't get the politics "out of the way" of progress, it nevertheless represents a failure.

And, I'm sorry, these politicians and parties have lost my trust. So I encourage everyone to read the text linked above carefully.... because there are always 'devils' in the details....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

obamacare is unconstitutional so why will this be any different we all know the scotus is a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join