It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am very disturbed because of something I saw on a Movie....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I watched the movie Butterfly Effect ages ago and just recently watched it again and I felt unsettled.

Well, I went to bed and wrote in my journal and I figured out what upset me and it is not the actual story.

What disturbed me was the fact that a movie was made and children were acting in that movie. They were acting in scenes that involved sexual abuse and adult themes, such as smoking and alcohol.

What is wrong with media? These movies might tell a fictional story but then they are getting children to act out the scenes!!!

Now if a person at home set up a camera and said, "right kids, we are making a movie so take off your clothes or play a game" THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! and yet here we see MOVIE Producers do the same thing and we don't see a problem with it???

It is just a movie??? The child actors are too young to be introduced to adult themes.

They are using child actors in horror movies etc... society has ratings on movies and tv and children are not allowed to watch them and yet, the movies and tv programs that kids are not allowed to watch HAVE CHILDREN ACTING IN THEM!!!!

????????

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think it is a discretionary thing. Yeah, the kids were acting in ways that some might see as abuse to the child actors. However, kids are doing all the things, and much more, found in The Butterfly Effect everyday in real life.

As far as the scene that the dad asks the little girl to take her clothes off or whatever in front of the camera, it was a little much but it was in a Hollywood movie.
edit on 1-8-2011 by kyle43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
my 11 year old is tall, thin, long red hair (with gold highlights) and she has had at least 5 industry types tell me to get her into modeling or acting

ummm no

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

What a contradition though!! What was the rating on the movie? M15 or R?

The kids were aged between 9-12 years old!! And yet, you have to be 15 years and over to watch it???

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Like in the movie hound dog. The little girl got raped by a teenaged boy who was older than 18 I am pretty sure. There was a lot of voilence in that scene. I agree there are other ways to go about these scenes without all the voilence etc. If I was a child it would give me nightmares after acting out a scene like that.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I watched the movie Butterfly Effect ages ago and just recently watched it again and I felt unsettled.

Well, I went to bed and wrote in my journal and I figured out what upset me and it is not the actual story.

What disturbed me was the fact that a movie was made and children were acting in that movie. They were acting in scenes that involved sexual abuse and adult themes, such as smoking and alcohol.

What is wrong with media? These movies might tell a fictional story but then they are getting children to act out the scenes!!!

Now if a person at home set up a camera and said, "right kids, we are making a movie so take off your clothes or play a game" THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! and yet here we see MOVIE Producers do the same thing and we don't see a problem with it???

It is just a movie??? The child actors are too young to be introduced to adult themes.

They are using child actors in horror movies etc... society has ratings on movies and tv and children are not allowed to watch them and yet, the movies and tv programs that kids are not allowed to watch HAVE CHILDREN ACTING IN THEM!!!!

????????

Sexual abuse of children is part of the satanic agenda and this is the beginning of them conditioning people so it becomes socially acceptable. They want to degrade humanity to the absolute worst degree possible and they are very smart at using the media for mind control and social conditioning.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Blame the parents. They are the ones allowing their children to act out these scenes so they can get some cash.

Reminds me of the scene in "Bruno" (hated that movie, btw) where he is using children in a photo shoot and he's asking the parents if they would be willing to let their children do all kinds of terrible things and they say yeah without a single thought. It's like they seriously don't consider what the child is doing, just that they will get some money out of it.

Another disturbing scene is from "Hound Dog" with Dakota Fanning. I had to close my eyes and fast forward through part where she acts out being raped by a boy who tells her to sing an Elvis song after she takes off all her clothes. Not only does she take off all her clothes on camera (obviously they don't show anything) but the boy then attacks her and they just show her face as she starts to act it out. I am not sure how far they took it because, like I said I had to fast forward through it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Sexual abuse of children is part of the satanic agenda and this is the beginning of them conditioning people so it becomes socially acceptable. They want to degrade humanity to the absolute worst degree possible and they are very smart at using the media for mind control and social conditioning.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

edit on 1-8-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

The children and their parents had to know what the kids were going to act to. The movie probably got an R rating. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
if you found that disturbing watch the movie "Thirteen" its a sad commentary on society as a whole.

I get your point OP we complain about our children sexting and becoming more and more sexualized at younger and younger ages...kids idolize actors and such, they will mimic their heros... youtube booty dance and kids and prepare to

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Me and the missus think along the same lines, we have 5 girls and cant imagine asking our girls to play a part in a movie, like the grudge, the shining, the exorsist or the baby from trainspotting..

+40 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This post is part of what I hate about society as a whole.

Does no one describe the difference between real and make-believe any more? I don't ever recall the moment i learned between the two, but I definitely have a distinction, which I don't think people are getting taught or it being ingrained into life's lessons.

Movies are make believe and even most children know the difference. Why don't you?

When children are in movies with adult content, it's because they are ACTING. There's nothing I see in movies that is worse than anything I might see on the news at 6 or 10pm.

In any case, sheltering children from the rest of the world is just going to make this world that much more harsh when they finally get out into it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It is sickening and so very wrong...

reply to post by nunya13

I hated the movie Bruno also. I could not believe my eyes when these parents would do anything to make some money... one of them even said, yes to putting their baby on a diet!!! Why weren't they arrested????

I have not seen Hound Dog and do not intend to. There are so many movies being made where children are acting out shocking things...adult themes.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: edit to add

+56 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They should arrest Bruce Willis for all those people he killed in the Die Hard series.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I also believe that in too many movies, they censor fairly standard, loving, non-abusive sexuality and yet they allow all sorts of violence.

The standards which society applies are all wrong!

Total agreement with Boncho ^
edit on 1/8/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

And is it mandatory that the child be present in the shooting of every scene. And mandatory that they watch the final cut of the movie?

No.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I didn't watch the Die Hard series...

reply to post by boncho

You are defending what Movie producers are doing? You are supporting the media abuse of children for entertainment???
edit on 1-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

"Children would never see the effects of smoking and alcohol less they acted in a Hollywood movie that contained such themes."

Not true.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Except the kids aren't actually being forced into anything. And camera tricks are used in situations, sometimes they aren't even present when the adult actor is speaking.

Big difference compared to Father McLeod playing that game with kids after Sunday school finishes...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
thirteen

This movie is rated R for:
Drug use, self destructive violence, language and sexuality - all involving young teens

www.virginmedia.com...
edit on 1-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join