It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest Radiation Ever Detected At Fukushima: 10+ Sieverts An Hour

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yep it's Venting.

You know where it is venting all of that junk to?

I'll give you a clue, it's the opposite of "inside".

I would have to say that almost every action taken in this catastrophe has been self-defeating and has in fact ended up increasing the severity of the disaster by exponential factors. Who remembers when they dumped countless tons of waste laden water into the open ocean not long ago?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Well I did say it is a problem for the whole world, and I did say that the japanese people should turn off some lights. I also said other countries that rely on Nuclear power should do the same. I also said it should be number one priority for the whole world to clean this mess up. I am on the side of the old people and the young and the middle aged of all countries.

I can't fault you for saying i'm rude because I probably am.

If this happens again in two or three other places it won't be just the Japanese people dieing of cancer. It will be everybody. We are talking about the irradiation of millions of people. We all should act and act now. Have we learned a lesson or not.

I feel very sad for the Japanese people as a whole, the Tsunami was bad enough. I am a grown man and I don't mind to admit I cried when I seen the Tsunami devastation and again when the reactors blew. From sheer sadness and frustration.

I am frustrated, angry and very very sad, and I have every right to be.

I can only hope this is all a bad dream or an illusion. But it isn't. We must deal with it. Why should my children suffer for other's.

I see you are from Tokyo, I extend my heartfelt condolances to you and you're countrymen. I hope we can somehow help. There is room here, come to Australia if you can. We'll make a place for as many as we can if it were up to me.

Cheers
edit on 2-8-2011 by Toecutter. because: Spelling

edit on 2-8-2011 by Toecutter. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Its too depressing to think about.

What are the odds of catching cancer from Fukushima compared to winning the lottery?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

To tell you the truth i had forgotten all about this event till i read your OP!!

Does this make me a bad person?

I hope not.... coz i just genuinely forgot....

I do hope that this can be dealt with and that the Media gets hold of this latest info....

Flagged

*Hold on.... where did this guy reporting get the news from?*[b/]]
edit on 2-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Toecutter.

Have a look to your (the Australian) Uranium Mines,
fight the Owners and their Shipments and make it impossible for them to operate,
that would be a huge Help for the whole World!

And do not feel Sad,
the Japanese People really think different about the Death
than the "so called" normal Christian Caucasian!

PS: the Japanese Society reduced their Energy Use for over 25% from one Day to the next
and there is still room for more, look for Japan- they will handle it without Blackouts!
edit on 2-8-2011 by Human0815 because: add info

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Metal mouth, infections and swollen thyroids here in Coos Bay Or. 5 folks we know have thyroid issues right now and there is no congestion meds on the shelves left. Almost everyone with taste buds left has tasted Metal over the last months and there is a persistant hack that a lot of the folks cant shake. This is all highly unusual for this time of year and many people are feeling like something is up but few make the connection to the drifting isotopes that are going unmonitored, at least to public access, I suspect the military is watching it all quite closely.My own assesment after following this since day one is that the jet stream and open ocean between us and Japan has brought almost as much radiation to the west coast as is in Japan. Perhaps fewer hot particles made it over but in general IMO the west coast will see very similar end results as much of Japan and nearby asia.Seattle,Portland and the whole northern coast gets the direct flow of the jet stream as it drops from Alaska a lot of the time.In that air is all the crap vented in Japan. Glad my kids are grown and decided not to have children long before this happened. My heart would break if grand children were born into this environment.
seed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't eat Hawaii's pineapples.......

I wonder if anyone's tested them for fallout yet?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know the mil here came up hot so what did they do? up the allowable limit and quit monitoring it. Big red flag to me about just how much radiation we may be getting. then as they pulled the monitors down I knew it was very bad. At this point I feel it is likely 90% of the population along the coast has been semi-severely irradiated some more some less but all have had a taste
seed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

Have a look and collect Information about: ZEOLITE

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Told my friend to get out of there, and still is ignoring the fact that Japan going under and that whoever is still on that land better get off of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Symptom benchmarks

Symptoms of acute radiation (dose received within one day):[4]
0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected.
Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.
See also Radiation poisoning.
SI multiples and conversions
Frequently used SI multiples are the millisievert (1 mSv = 0.001 Sv) and microsievert (1 μSv = 0.000001 Sv).
An older unit for the equivalent dose, is the rem,[3] still often used in the United States. One sievert is equal to 100 rem:
1 rem = 0.01 Sv = 10 mSv
1 mrem = 0.01 mSv = 10 μSv
1 Sv = 100 rem
1 mSv = 100 mrem = 0.1 rem
1 μSv = 0.1 mrem
The conventional units for its time derivative is mSv/h.
[edit]

edit on 2-8-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is the single most important challenge the human race is currently facing, this has the potential to be a global killer if its left unchecked. This transcends all cultural and religious barriers, because this will effect every single living being on the planet.

I know it sounds crazy, but the worst case scenario is this planet will become a very different and inhospitable place if this is left unchecked. Cancer rates will rocket over the next few decades, not just in Japan but around the world. Food will be irradiated and poisonous. Many species will die out because they cant adapt to the high levels of radiation. The current famines in Africa will be mild in comparison. These things are already being reported.

The consequences are dire, yet we are being lied to. This is a potential global killer. We need to get onto our leaders to do something about this, with urgency. If they do nothing then we must remove those leaders from their positions, because personal greed cannot be allowed to get in the way of the welfare of the entire planet. The people at the top are potentially murdering us all because of their greed, pride and their stupidity.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by Firefly_

No...the single most important challenge the human race is facing is the ignorant believe on religion.....which has killed MILLIONS more than modern mans nuclear energy.

Funny. Those that are hysterical about this non-event lack the intelligence to look at the big picture even when trying to use historical references.....typical internet ignorance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

No...the single most important challenge the human race is facing is the ignorant believe on religion.....which has killed MILLIONS more than modern mans nuclear energy.

Funny. Those that are hysterical about this non-event lack the intelligence to look at the big picture even when trying to use historical references.....typical internet ignorance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Typical internet arrogance. And the ignorance is calling this a non-event. I suppose you also said similar about the gulf disaster? Religion has never been THE problem it has always been the leaders of same who diverge from the basic message of all religions which is be nice, do unto others, dont kill etc some xceptions but mostly peacefull until a leader says the other guy is the devil. So yeah the prob;em has always been men who want power over other men and they have used more than just religion to do that. Not to discount how handy religion has been of course

seed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
whoa so what your saying is the bottom of the smoke stacks that vented radioactive steam are in fact radioactive - lol

the important thing is not the smoke stacks no ones going to live there it's the surrounding area that needs to be considered and of course beyond that if necessary. I have yet to see some physcial proof like uh a video of someone using a Geiger counter at all much less in the nearby town and I think that needs to be adressed first not reporters versions of the truth the actual truth.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Americans' attention span on a major news story is 1-2 days at best, and usually only if it's taking part in the USA.

I'm, not surprised this story isn't being reported on ANY of the major (or minor) news networks.

It's just all been swept under the rug. TPTB are hoping no one remembers this hasn't been contained yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

Why change the subject from radiation poisoning to religion..
The amount of people that have died from wars over religion has nothing to do with this really. Slightly ironic you calling Fukushima a "non-event" and insult his "lack of intelligence". It seems you aren't getting the big picture here.
This spit can reach everyone on the globe, and contaminate everything you and I depend on to survive.
Not saying religious belief doesn't shape politics and how certain nations handle their affairs.
I think the point to take here is man is being irresponsible to say the least regarding atomic energy, and we need to get on our leaders over it.
I believe the world would be better without nuclear plants all together

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Anyway, I think about the disaster in Japan almost every day.. it's quite depressing but there are some things you can do. For instance, talk to others about it. Keep it simple and keep to just a few facts, quick and concise. If we can get people upset about it (as they should be..) then perhaps we can create some change.
Other than that I eat foods that are good at keeping your thyroid and other glands healthy, and there are some foods that can help your body defend and purge the radiation poisoning. Just do a googl3 search on it =D
Real miso soup for instance, and I believe turmeric or cumin is good as well (spices).
I'm sure meditation helps as well, but that takes time to get good at. First I would fix your diet!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
In my opinion, Japan is uninhabitable....it just depends on how many hundreds of thousand of Japanese die before they realize they have to give up their homeland.
edit on 1-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Well if that isn't fear mongering at it's finest! We had Chernobyl and yes there was a zone that became uninhabitable. But that does not mean that all Japan will become uninhabitable. In Chernobyl a small area of Ukraine and Belarus became uninhabitable. This will be the case here too if of course something disastrous doesn't happen there - which I hope won't. YES maybe the evacuation zone will become a little bigger but no need to evacuate ALL JAPAN. Yes maybe East side of Fukushima prefecture but nothing more.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
whoa so what your saying is the bottom of the smoke stacks that vented radioactive steam are in fact radioactive - lol

Uh ... so which is it smoke or steam? ... and since when do nuclear plants "vent" radiation in either of them?

Um ... no ... its not normal if that's what your implying ..
edit on 2-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join