It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest Radiation Ever Detected At Fukushima: 10+ Sieverts An Hour

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

and this dont forget,,,,,

I see nothing wrong with that.. Whats wrong with having 2 fish in one?
yummy!

edit on 1-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

still yummy?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
August 11th will be 6 months,,,,,,what has a gestation period of 6 months,,

i know i cant think of anything,, anyone?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ouch Bob!! The 2 headed fish looked like good eating.

Milk from the calf or veal did not.

Geeeze... Thanks for that..Kinda sorta.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Symptoms of acute radiation (dose received within one day):[4]

0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected.
Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.

en.wikipedia.org...
i find it hard to believe that a reading of 10Sv/Hr was taken anywhere outside of the core facility.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i find it hard to believe that a reading of 10Sv/Hr was taken anywhere outside of the core facility.

I find it hard to believe a supposedly smart race of people built nuclear reactors on the shore, on top of a fault line.

Fukushima is now a giant pool of radioactive death. 10 Sv / hr, what's not to believe? The only thing not to believe is that it's going to be fine anytime soon, or that Tepco will ever tell the truth.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
they will begin evacuations soon i imagine..all the babies in the area that where gestating in 1st trimester when the quake hit will soon be popping out of their moms with deformities and sicknesses. you cant hide that!
edit on 1-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Wanna bet?,,welcome too 1984 orwell style.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

The article seems to say that the measurement was made outside the main building and that it was the highest level ever found at that particular location. Not "Highest Radiation Ever Detected At Fukushima."

It also says that the geiger counter was on the end of a 10 foot stick which would explain the discrepancy in the workers' exposure levels.

The explanation for the increased level at the location is venting at the location of gas from inside the reactor.

Makes more sense now. Thanks for the link.

translate.google.com...

edit on 8/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I think its high time we bury this facility, that or put a damn cap on it.
Or put the uranium on a rocket and launch that # into space!

Japan should be used to radiation by now. Sorry that was offensive, but who the hell cares at this point.

If the radiation don't kill us the comets will..

or the suns radiation don't kill us the earthquakes will..

or the food don't kill us the chemicals will.

or the water or blah blah blah who the # cares!!!!

Do yourselves a favor and don't do anything, cause ITS GONNA KILL YOU!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
they will begin evacuations soon i imagine..all the babies in the area that where gestating in 1st trimester when the quake hit will soon be popping out of their moms with deformities and sicknesses. you cant hide that!
edit on 1-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

The Japanese parents will do nothing. They are so brainwashed they would jump off a bridge if asked to. I don't feel sorry for them I blame them.

If I was Japanese I would be ashamed. I truly would. They are arrogant and weak. I know I am harsh but it effects all of us not just them. If it was just them I would find it ironic.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

"the Japanese parents will do nothing. They are so brainwashed they would jump off a bridge if asked to. I don't feel sorry for them I blame them. "

are there any doctors here who can describe babies exposed too depleted uranium,, because the pictures know one wants too see.
It might be easier too get the message out that way,,,,cause its the same thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by vox2442

The article seems to say that the measurement was made outside the main building and that it was the highest level ever found at that particular location. Not "Highest Radiation Ever Detected At Fukushima."

It also says that the geiger counter was on the end of a 10 foot stick which would explain the discrepancy in the workers' exposure levels.

The explanation for the increased level at the location is venting at the location of gas from inside the reactor.

Makes more sense now. Thanks for the link.

translate.google.com...

edit on 8/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

But...if it was the Highest for that location, then they still haven't found the highest for Fukushima...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
The Japanese parents will do nothing. They are so brainwashed they would jump off a bridge if asked to. I don't feel sorry for them I blame them.

It's really sad but after some month into this I feel the same. If you had asked me last year I would have defended the Japanese. I always thought that they demonstrate strength and discipline. Now I know that this was a BIG mistake. The majority in Japan is really weak. They just reached what they are because there were some leaders with access to million weak slaves doing whatever they want. As long as they had access to some pink iPhones and sind along music they jump from the bridge like you said

I don't care if it's just the Japanese going done but they kill the whole world and just watch. Or maybe even don't watch because their leader told them to play with some toy

If any Japanese people read this: I can speak for many Germans I know if I say that we lost any respect we had. If you ever visit us expect to be not welcomed as you were last year

We don't expect you to run to the reactors and help clean up but you should all go out to the streets and show your leaders that you knao that they kill the world. Great desasters happen from time to time (we don't blame you for this) but when such a great desaster happens everyone should know the truth and we (the world) should work together to fix whatever can be fixed. As a first step everyone needs to know what really happend and how bad is it. If you start to export food with radiation in the bag (and we noticing this) you should expect that any Japanese people will be a target for our anger.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

2nd link was a duplicate. Apologies. I have exceded my edit time frame, so I will add the correct link here.

Link ie.lbl.gov...

Check out the home page for this link for further navigation of pertinent info.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I am not really surprised by 10 Sievert/h on that Exhaust-Plume,
it was used for the Emergency Steam Release in the first Days!

But i am surprised that the People can go so close to that,
3m and the use of a Stick- that is crazy.

PS: to the People who are surprised and/ or angry with the Japanese People,
what is the difference between our Place and yours,
you have this Plants too so why do you not uproar and start a fight against this,
for us it is too late but your Place is still not affected!

Pockets of high radiation remind of Fukushima plant danger

On Tuesday Tepco said it found another spot on the ventilation stack itself where radiation exceeded 10 sieverts per hour, a level that could lead to incapacitation or death after just several seconds of exposure. The company used equipment to measure radiation from a distance and was unable to ascertain the exact level because the device's maximum reading is 10 sieverts.

Source
edit on 2-8-2011 by Human0815 because: add of info

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

AND YOU CAUSED WW2, Hitler couldnt have done what he did without help of the german ARMY (PEOPLE)

i really fail to see any common sense in your post.. Ur blaming the people of Japan for doing nothing?

Last time i checked an EQ started all this (and pisspoor planning before that) but NOT the population of Japan.

And how is shiny trinkets and gadgets keeping the populace busy ANY different from the rest of the world?

Have you contacted your govt. officials regarding nuclear power in your country yet to demand a full shutdown of nuclear powerstations? Because thats all there IS to do. No? Damn ur not doing much are you?

edit on 2/8/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

That was actually very surprising.

Having heard #e about it in Denmark newz..

Not that I really care about the people or fukishima in general, living very very far away, their radiation is still detectable here in the north.

Anyway lets hope they solve it soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Perhaps people will listen to Leuren Moret now - she's been warning the world for long enough!

Thanks OP - but guess it will die like all the other warnings.

S&F for your effort though!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

What about all the women who were pregnant before the catastrophe???? They have yet to give birth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join