It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest Radiation Ever Detected At Fukushima: 10+ Sieverts An Hour

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by BobAthome

What about all the women who were pregnant before the catastrophe???? They have yet to give birth.

Proberly two headed flying freeks with four arms and 4 legs. !!!

Invasion from the Fukishima people 1. Check local listings for your 3D cinema.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Much of Northern Japan is now under water - Aug 1st

story.malaysiasun.com...

Boy are they having a hard time of it!!!!

"Much of Japan's northern area is now under water, following torrential rain from a weather system that has already killed dozens of people on the Korean peninsula.

The disaster-ravaged Japan is likely to see more flooding in the next days, with forecasters warning of more heavy rain to come.

At least one person is known to have died in Japan with over 300,000 others warned to leave their properties.

Worst hit has been Sanjo City is the regional capital of Nigata Prefecture, where rain and mudslides have created perilous conditions.

Areas hit by the Japanese earthquake earlier in the year are more prone to mudslides."

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
woooow

10 sievert?

are you sure? that is crazy... they will develop cancer and thats scary

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown
woooow

10 sievert?

are you sure? that is crazy... they will develop cancer and thats scary

I think from what I've gathered from this thread that the 10 sievert reading was recorded at the vent where you would expect the highest readings to be, also they used a long pole with the gieger counter nailed
onto the end of it. The radiation as far as I know drops off quickly as soon as you get some distance away from the source so therefore they should be ok.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Originally I tended to assume that the 10 Sievert report just HAD to be an unintentional reporting error.
However, I just came across a current article just published by New Scientist that confirms this outstandingly high radiation reading.
One has to simply assume that the radioactive material responsible for the 10 Sievert reading is well and truly contained within the ventilation stack and unable to escape easily into the surrounding environment.

In Fukushima, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) reported that radiation exceeding 10 sieverts (10,000 millisieverts) per hour was found at the bottom of a ventilation stack standing between two reactors.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
2nd August Bloomberg arictle states

The utility known as Tepco said today it detected 5 sieverts of radiation per hour in the No. 1 reactor building. Yesterday in another area it recorded radiation of 10 sieverts per hour, enough to kill a person “within a few weeks” after a single exposure, according to the World Nuclear Association.

These readings are still pretty damn high!

Matsumoto said robots entered the level for the first time and its device was capable of reading up to 5 sieverts. The 10 sieverts of radiation detected yesterday outside reactor buildings was the highest the Geiger counters used were capable of reading, indicating the level could have been higher, Matsumoto said.

hmm..... what's the next move then ?
another thing to mention

There were about 2,760 workers at the plant yesterday, he said.

I feel for these workers, I know they are doing this to protect others, but they really are giving away their lives... sad

other related links
CNN
ABC
New York Times

crops contamination

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I just found this
this morning
its all good nothing to see here
move along

Japan utility seals area with high radiation level

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah 10 Seiverts seems pretty nigh impossible,peak readings in March were reaching 400 milisieverts per hour,however,the readings have been taken from the base of the core right?I assume that the core is now sealed?In that case readings could feasibly be considerably higher due to radiation containment and being unable to bleed out into the atmosphere,still 10 seems remarkably high.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
msnbc ...

Death in seconds: Radiation pockets found at Fukushima plant

Plant operator Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) reported on Monday that radiation exceeding 10 sieverts (10,000 millisieverts) per hour was found at the bottom of a ventilation stack standing between two reactors.

An image taken by a gamma ray camera showing the bottom of a ventilation stack where radiation exceeding 10 sieverts per hour - seen here in red - was recorded. msnbc.com news services

edit on 2-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The radiation could last for thousands of years yet the media completeley ignore this.

The media keep stating that after so many weeks, most of the radiation levels would have dropped.

I believe that Japan is now an unhabitable place.

Not only that; The radiation would be spread around the earth through the climate.

To be quite honest, within the next 100 years, we would probably see a rise in mutation and cancer around the globe. but as usual, the statistics will not be recorded for the media resulting in hardly any acknowledgement of this disaster.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Radiation and Pregnancy: A Fact Sheet for the Public www.bt.cdc.gov...

for the squeamish...there are no pictures. it is safe.
edit on 2-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

One has to simply assume that the radioactive material responsible for the 10 Sievert reading is well and truly contained within the ventilation stack and unable to escape easily into the surrounding environment.

I am afraid you are assuming incorrectly.

Think about it.

If they can stick a long pole in there with a sensor on the end of it, that means the materials are escaping through that hole. Perhaps slowly, but still there must be a leak.

That means when they stuck the Geiger counter and pole in there, and pulled it out, a bunch of material came out with it.

The words "Fukushima" and "contained" do not go together very well. For a very important reason. Containment is lost increasingly % every day.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well if the aliens aren't showing up now to clean up the mess, they never will.

On a serious note, this is disaster on a scale thats hard to imagine. The silence of main stream media on the subject is umm... troubling? Kind of reminds me that after a few days past 9/11 they stopped showing images because "its upsetting people".

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

You assume incorrectly (twice it appears) ... photo above ...

and what does "ventilation" mean to you?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Smh hard to trust ANY down here WE ARE ON OUR OWN.... Somewhat this issue seems nonimportant to many even tho the US had temps spikes in many states and many are breathing this poision?
edit on 8/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
msnbc ...

Death in seconds: Radiation pockets found at Fukushima plant

Plant operator Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) reported on Monday that radiation exceeding 10 sieverts (10,000 millisieverts) per hour was found at the bottom of a ventilation stack standing between two reactors.

An image taken by a gamma ray camera showing the bottom of a ventilation stack where radiation exceeding 10 sieverts per hour - seen here in red - was recorded. msnbc.com news services

So it is leaking. Hmm.

If this is at the bottom of the ventilation stack, than I wonder what is coming out of the top of it?
Do I really even want to know?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Well if the aliens aren't showing up now to clean up the mess, they never will.

On a serious note, this is disaster on a scale thats hard to imagine. The silence of main stream media on the subject is umm... troubling? Kind of reminds me that after a few days past 9/11 they stopped showing images because "its upsetting people".

That's a BS reason and we all know it.

You know what is upsetting?

The fact they are lying every day, covering things up, and just generally ignoring anything important. While a catastrophe is spreading and growing...

That is what upsets the heck outta me!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
I just found this
this morning
its all good nothing to see here
move along

Japan utility seals area with high radiation level

Well, now at least we know Associated Press will abide by Japans behest that no 'bad news' make it to the people....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well even if the workers didnt get all 10 their still venting that stuff right so wheres it going come on now and by the way doesnt anyone think that its weird that all fifty states have had the hottest summer in years can radiation do that i think so japan screwed us just like we did them years ago
edit on 2-8-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I'm not sure anyone is listening anymore but I thought to repeat the bad news.

Japan's beef is radiated because the government accidentally approved of letting cows eat radiated straw. All of Japan continues to eat radiated beef.

There was a 6.2 earthquake just 10 kilometers deep off the coast of Mount Fuji on the Tokai plate. This is west of Tokyo in a new area. I have felt shaking for an entire day now.

I can also confirm the media blackout of the highest radiation levels of Fukushima.

edit on 2-8-2011 by ren1999 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join