It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Governor pushing for Roswell Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Probably an attempt in futility based on past attempts made by others,but I still give the guy credit for trying...

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/08/16/MNGAK88OQQ1.DTL

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Good luck to Gov. Bill Richardson, but I'm afraid his attempts to shed the perverbial light will be in vain. But if he can get the truth exposed, well, he'll be quite a hero in the ufo community. At least worth a few book deals!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Roswell is the Grand Canyon of New Mexico. It doesn't matter what the US Government releases the LAST thing any NM offical wants is Roswell: CASE CLOSED.

There's no "getting to the bottom" of a badly needed tourism industry.

There's just the annual press conference from whoever's in charge saying "let's get to the bottom of this" which is all Richardson is doing here in his role as Head of Tourism (i.e. Governor) of NM.

I'm sorry to say, he didn't get picked for VP so he can do this. It's kind of a shame really since I don't think we'll get to the bottom of the REAL stuff happening now until they LET ROSWELL DIE.

All just my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
it is possibly a world wide coverup using the best of the worlds scientists all working on this - even if the americans wanted to take the lid off - if they dont have the go ahead from other nations involved then they have their hands tied

as large as america is - they still need the backing of europe in some things , going behind these governments without concent and lifting the lid could be something they are not willing to do

until its a unanimous global release then it wont be released

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You got that right.
Last thing we want to do is to de-mystify the mystery. Come and see our beautiful UFO museums and exhibits, and don't forget to hit the gift shop on your way out.

Sorry to say, but IMO if and when they don't uncover what happened out there, it's not going to be what everyone believes it was.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The goverment will just tell them that, "we have Gave all the details." The top secret spyng balloon.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Roswell is the Grand Canyon of New Mexico. It doesn't matter what the US Government releases the LAST thing any NM offical wants is Roswell: CASE CLOSED.

Though Roswell remains one of the most important UFO cases of all time (as the event that jump started the coverup), the above quote is exactly correct as to the Governor's goals in doing this...*sigh*

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have a question about the cover up used by the gov't. Some of the pictures used showed body bags. The gov't stated that there were dummies in the bags. Well my question is

"Why would you put a dummy in a body bag"?

If the military was sent to pick these things up - wouldn't they just pick up the dummies and throw them on the back of a truck. If they were in pieces, wouldn't the senario be more probable that they would have just used a military box or bag to collect the pieces. Everything the military has usually would have the US Army, US Air Force etc. label on it. Body Bag?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
You got that right.
Last thing we want to do is to de-mystify the mystery. Come and see our beautiful UFO museums and exhibits, and don't forget to hit the gift shop on your way out.

Sorry to say, but IMO if and when they don't uncover what happened out there, it's not going to be what everyone believes it was.

I grew up in Roswell, New Mexico. The UFO museum there is DYING and honestly only receives a few die hards every once and awhile, the rest are just senior citizens coming to their local haunt to gossip. Books still may be selling, and the conspiracy is obviously still going strong, but the tourism industry in Roswell is nearly non-existant.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz

You got that right.

I grew up in Roswell, New Mexico. The UFO museum there is DYING and honestly only receives a few die hards every once and awhile, the rest are just senior citizens coming to their local haunt to gossip. Books still may be selling, and the conspiracy is obviously still going strong, but the tourism industry in Roswell is nearly non-existant.

You are 100% correct. Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come through.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz

You got that right.

You are 100% correct. Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come through.

I would've, had I seen that you live there now!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No problemo.

Next time I will be more obvious, [sarcasm]and use BB code[/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Still, Graves hopes the truth isn't disillusioning. That's because the saucer legend is so good for the local economy: "Thousands of people come to Roswell every year to visit the site and go to the museum. It's an incredible boon to the Roswell economy. Just think about 'X Files' and TV shows about Roswell.

If nothing else, Roswell still has an annual festival there and as I have said elsewhere, it has been good for Roswell. Willie Nelson was there this year. Personally, I believe that the only thing that happened in Roswell was that a classified project went wrong and the AF covered it up as best they could. If anyone put dummies in body bags, it was probably because the dummies were also classified.

I think it's kind of silly for Gov. Richardson to get involved in this, unless he has something to add to the debate. It really doesn't matter now what really happened in Roswell fifty some odd years ago and it certainly won't matter what the government has to say about it now, those who believe will still make the pilgramage, and many who don't will come for the festival. It's a part of the culture now and we should probably just leave it at that.

If Roswell should be famous for anything having to do with outer space, it should be that Robert Goddard pioneered modern rocketry in Roswell, NM. This is truly an interesting and important story, which has sadly been overshadowed by superstition. Goddard should be the reason people flock to Roswell.

[edit on 04/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think the possiblity of an alien spacecraft crashing in the desert is more interesting and more important than Paul Goddard's rocket experiments. I also don't think people flock to Roswell because of "superstition".

Something crashed there 50 years ago and it wasn't a "special" weather ballon, it wasn't classified dummies, and it wasn't some top secret aircraft. I'd say that warrants the interest of the governor and the interest of people around the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
ISomething crashed there 50 years ago and it wasn't a "special" weather ballon, it wasn't classified dummies, and it wasn't some top secret aircraft. I'd say that warrants the interest of the governor and the interest of people around the world.

Clearly, I would be foolish to argue with an alien regarding this issue.

Are you Klingon or Romulan?

Oh, by the way, this is Paul Goddard

[edit on 04/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Something crashed there 50 years ago and it wasn't a "special" weather ballon, it wasn't classified dummies, and it wasn't some top secret aircraft. I'd say that warrants the interest of the governor and the interest of people around the world.

Being a resident of New Mexico, and a NON believer, I would rather see my governor spend my money on improving my state. I don't think he should spend my money to perpetuate the UFO myth for others.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

ISomething crashed there 50 years ago and it wasn't a "special" weather ballon, it wasn't classified dummies, and it wasn't some top secret aircraft. I'd say that warrants the interest of the governor and the interest of people around the world.

That's not me, it's Osama bin Laden. And he's a Klingon.

phreak_of_nature, what about the people that are in your state who ARE "beleivers" and want the governor to weigh in on the issue. Just don't I don't see the harm in it.

Also, about 60 percent of Americans don't see UFOs as a myth. I beleive there's enough evidence to warrant the interest of politicians, but I'm not about to get into a "are UFOs real discussion" discussion here. There's plenty of info all over ATS.

Edit: Wait, where does it say Richardson is spending money on anything in that article?

[edit on 8/16/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Also, did anyone ever think that maybe Gov. Richardson is genuinely interested in the Roswell incident?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

"We're kind of disappointed in Richardson for perpetuating the mythology of that thing," said Dave Thomas, president of New Mexicans for Science and Reason, a skeptics group in Albuquerque.

How many times do you need to beat a dead horse before you relize it's dead?

I will retrat my financial concern having now read the article. It was a nice PR grab by the gov, but you have to be honest with yourself and realize nothing will come of this. The government has offically "stated nothing to see here, move along" Their not going to reverse course on this.

BTW this is the same governor who wants to dig up Billy the Kid and his mom to prove that we really have him buried here. Another classic example of Governor Richardson wasting my money to attract tourists and inceit controversy.

On a personal note... I do believe in UFO's, just not this one.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The BEAUTIFUL state of New Mexico really doesn't need a Roswell "push" IMHO either...

Heck, between Santa Fe, and Rio Dosa what more could you want?

I have to agree with Flinx that maybe Richardson REALLY does beleive in or is, at least, highly interested in the Roswell case of 50 plus years ago.

Whether he is right or wrong is kind of a moot point, he IS Govenor...

m...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join