It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEREO-A HI1, What is that? 31-07-2011.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Quit with all the offtopic thread wrecking Supernova stuff already. Start your own thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I watched the slide show and have seen it come into view - no idea at all what it is, but it has piqued my interest.
I'd also like to know what Bob is posting?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Just come out and say it Andy, you want to see Elenin with orbiting satellites, or Nirubu or something don't you? I believe the bright dots are artifacts. The fuzzy white cluster in the lower left is glare, like lens flare. Everything looks typical and we wont get to see Elenin shots until the 4th due to transmission times.

You'll get to see loop footage. I wish you were here, I would make you bet 50 bucks on it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

No, stop posting offtopic. If you can't tell us what the object is in my OP, stop posting off topic.

I'm not a mod, your posts need to be deleted.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

sorry

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Here's the vid:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Violater1

Here's the vid:

Wow imagine that! I'm going to show that pic to my third grade science class! Right before their potty break. Never mind, they fired me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Anyone have any ideas yet?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Has anybody got a result yet?

looks like a rather large ball of white light? what could it be? I am interested too.

Did I miss something?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew

Originally posted by nataylor
That would be Antares and the globular cluster NGC 6144.

Not Antares

Nice try though! Where would Antares be now? Update: i notice scorpio is out east right of Saturn. That's where Antares would be I believe. let me know if I am wrong.
edit on 31-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)
Antares and NGC 6144 (with M4 probably coming into view soon). Here's from your image:

Here's from the H1 images before they went into the reduced bandwidth mode:

Note the similarities:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If that is'nt Antares then it's a huge white ball with satellites around it.

Hell, besides that does anyone notice the cloud of uhhh 'light' that is coming into view..

Could this finally be something that is'nt mundane? lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Antares is one of the brightest stars in the sky. Light from it is scattered in the imaging mechanism and overpowers the sensor. Give them a little while to do the image processing to remove the extraneous glare and it will be back to looking "normal."

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

So that means STEREO-A H1 has scorpio coming into field of view and your saying thats it. Is this right? Why is it so bright? I was under the impression Antares was somewhere behind STEREO-A

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yup, Scorpio is on its way into view. You can double-check this by using software like Stellarium to view the sky from STEREO-A's position (I used Stary Night Pro).

It's bright because Antares is a bright star. That produces glare in the optics. They do image processing to subtract the extraneous glare, but they probably haven't done it becuase the satellite is in low bandwidth mode (which is why the apparent resolution of the photos went down on the 30th). When they get a full frame with Antares in view, they'll probably do the processing and Antares will return to the same brightness you see in the 2009 picture.
edit on 31-7-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

nice job...to me..its case closed

just a reminder for the rest...

NASA reviews the pictures before posting them online...so dont expect you are going to find something they dont want you to see..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Awesome it's settled then. Can you screenshot what you are seeing on your programs to verify.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yup, I'll post something tomorrow morning. In desperate need of sleep at the moment.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
Antares is one of the brightest stars in the sky. Light from it is scattered in the imaging mechanism and overpowers the sensor. Give them a little while to do the image processing to remove the extraneous glare and it will be back to looking "normal."

That's more like it, good stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join