It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Vanishes on Live Vancouver Skycam July 30, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
An unidentified object, a UFO was recorded on the new Live Vancouver Skycam
on July 30, 2011 as it traveled in the sky, dimming and brightening, and then
it suddenly vanished.

An enhanced clip taken from the VUFOS onsite archive is posted below by
SecretMessageTV channel on YouTube. I have embedded the video below.

www.youtube.com...

The online archive of the camera's raw data feed is available for
scientific investigation and review.

Link to Sky Cam on Ustream.tv

www.ustream.tv...

The Vancouver UFO Skywatch (VUFOS) Night Vision Skycam on Ustream.tv debuted this week, broadcasting live video of a UFO that increased in magnitude before suddenly vanishing in the skies over Vancouver, BC at 1:35am PST on Saturday, July 30, 2011. VUFOS skycams offer sweeping panoramic
views of the northern sky, tracking both known and unknown objects as they move through the night.

The vanishing UFO was recorded as it began to increase in magnitude, alternately dimming and brightening
at least four times before suddenly disappearing live on camera. Independent third party documentation
of the incident was provided by Ustream.tv, whose online archive of the camera's raw data feed is available for scientific investigation and review.
An enhanced clip taken from the VUFOS onsite www.examiner.com...

I thought this would be another good video for the forum to discuss, as its verified as
actual untouched video footage from a live Skycam.

I think this is amazing footage!

Thoughts?
edit on 31-7-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
nice find

seen many videos like this tbh most can be explained, it could be a handful of things, space junk, satellite, or reflection of stuff in space. or maybe its a UFO who knows

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Isn't that the hill you can see from standing downtown? It could just be a car driving down in my opinion, with the lights being blocked by trees.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Either way, I just don't see how an orb of light can explain anything.
There must be more to a ufo than just shining in the sky flickering and then disappearing.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I would like to see a day time shot of that area. Looks like it could be a plane coming in for a landing and going behind a building?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Jeez, I feel dirty, just had to click on an Examiner page and see the Tragic Trio of Webre, Salla and Basiago getting props...gack.

To be sure of anything we're looking at, they need to post an equivalent footage from this time on another night and a daytime shot of where the camera is pointing.

Examiner and a $2 fee to view is like an enormous red flag.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

I agree, I am really a die hard skeptic, so this one I checked out a bit before posting.

I would never post something that has not been verifed...and this part about it potentially
being satellite caught my attention. Seems Jon Kelly checked that all out and in his opionion...not a satellilte.

Skeptics habituated to interpreting UFO incidents as satellites face a number of challenges
while attempting to dismiss this compelling case. Optical tracking of satellites in the middle of the
night increases in difficulty as objects overhead remain in the earth’s umbra, or shadow, away from any
direct source of light that can be reflected in a flare.

The UFO that vanished on a live Vancouver skycam appeared over four and one half hours after sunset and nearly four hours before sunrise, at a time when the sun’s rays are illuminating the opposite side of the earth.www.examiner.com...

There is a timetable of the satellites here where the brightest objects visible from Vancouver, BC on
July 30 do not appear at 1:35am PST and nor are there any reports of missing satellites in this
morning’s news.
: www.heavens-above.com...
edit on 31-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

There is no fee, not from my end. Funny... where are you getting a fee message?
Maybe its your IP provider?

Other videos right before this, all caught in the same area nights preceeding.

Wednesday's night sky over Vancouver, BC played host to a pulsating UFO that was captured on video during skywatching activities from Burnaby Mountain Park on July 27, 2011. The UFO was detected by a night vision camera and tracked for nearly five minutes as it travelled SE to NW before disappearing behind a stand of trees. During this period, the UFO was first seen being overtaken by a second, faster-moving object before amplifying its luminous output in what veteran skywatchers describe as a "power-up" incident. While in flight, the UFO performed multiple power-ups, inviting comparison with another object recorded four nights earlier near Vancouver City Hall.

exm.nr...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hiya, on the Ustream, not the YT, they're asking me for a $2 fee to view. Over my dead body lol

I'm with you on the skepticism.

reply to post by boncho

There's a mountainous backdrop to the skyline and the airport is right in front of it...hmmmmm?

I can't immediately find a daylight view from this camera or, in fact, any other views that aren't pitch black with point-lights.

ETA: My mistake, the airport isn't likely if the SE to NW description is accurate.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Once was enough thank you, sons of glitches.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shurima

I was particularly interested in the aspect that it increased in magnitude before it dissapeared
from the range of the camera...found this part of the story addressing that.

Furthermore, an object that is increasing in magnitude will not suddenly disappear from the optical range of a night vision sensor when that object is ostensibly approaching the source of its illumination (therefore becoming brighter). The VUFOS Night Vision Skycam is rated at 0.0001 lux sensitivity at f1.2, providing the capability to image dim objects impossible to capture with conventional video recorders alone. www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I don't know how much experience you have with the Examiner articles on UFOs? In my own experience, they are almost without exception hyperbole and misleading. Just looking at the role-call of very dodgy characters who are supported by the loose collective of writers has led to my avoiding anything that comes from their direction.

Somewhere near AllNewsWeb? They get paid per-page-click and sober reportage is an immediate victim.

If this is the case, it's worth holding back on any analysis until we have a daylight idea of where that camera is pointing at.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To me, these are one of the best ways to verify a sighting; on untouched, live streaming tower-cam footage, used by local traffic and weather services. Thanks for the upload, OP!
edit on 31-7-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Though with a few caveats ...I would make an exception on this one.
And about the fee, dont die over it.

I am not going to pay for that either, just like I decided against paying
to listen to Nick Pope. I am with you on that end.

***ETA

Originally posted by Kandinsky

If this is the case, it's worth holding back on any analysis until we have a daylight idea of where that camera is pointing at.

Understandable. Vancouver, BC over City Hall, thats all for now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Having seen MANY satellites that are brightly lit by sunlight disappear as they move into the shadow of Earth, my vote on this one is something in orbit.

Its too bright to be a critter.

At the beginning of the second video there are TWO objects, one following the other at the same speed. Military satellites fly in tandem in the same orbit. Both videos, the objects are moving in a straight line

The pulsing is likely a camera effect because the stars are pulsing as well
edit on 31-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Gotta agree with Zorgon here, sorry BTS :/
I've seen these too may times, almost nightly actually lol and I may be special but I don't think THAT special

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, thanks for weighing in.
Its awesome having your comments. Thanks!

So you think satellite yes?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hey thats all good, thanks for weighing in too.

I never ask Zorgon unless i am prepared to accept the expert opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It could be a small meteor....and either it burned up or was obscured by thick cloud cover. If it burned up,that would explain the sudden brightness before disappearing.
edit on 7/31/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Jeez, I feel dirty, just had to click on an Examiner page and see the Tragic Trio of Webre, Salla and Basiago getting props...gack.

To be sure of anything we're looking at, they need to post an equivalent footage from this time on another night and a daytime shot of where the camera is pointing.

Examiner and a $2 fee to view is like an enormous red flag.

No doubt.

Can't watch the raw footage unless you pay $2.

What a crock of shizz.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join