It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Vanishes on Live Vancouver Skycam July 30, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
It could be a small meteor....and either it burned up or was obscured by thick cloud cover. If it burned up,that would explain the sudden brightness before disappearing.
edit on 7/31/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

The Delta Aquarid Meteor shower was the next night so that was my initial thought as well, perhaps a minor precursor?
I live in Vancouver and haven't seen anything strange lately.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Having seen MANY satellites that are brightly lit by sunlight disappear as they move into the shadow of Earth, my vote on this one is something in orbit.

Its too bright to be a critter.

At the beginning of the second video there are TWO objects, one following the other at the same speed. Military satellites fly in tandem in the same orbit. Both videos, the objects are moving in a straight line

The pulsing is likely a camera effect because the stars are pulsing as well
edit on 31-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Nice catch

Unless we can find out which direction of travel this UFO is going, I,"m siding with Zorgon.
SnF even though

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I agree, I am really a die hard skeptic, so this one I checked out a bit before posting.

I would never post something that has not been verifed...and this part about it potentially
being satellite caught my attention. Seems Jon Kelly checked that all out and in his opionion...not a satellilte.

I'm certainly not going to dismiss any video as an IFO (such as a satellite) without investigation. But I just really place doubt in anything coming from Jon Kelly as he is such a hard core believer in the strangest stuff. He is quite devoted to finding secret messages embedded into peoples speech by "analyzing" audio recordings played backwards. He shows photos of stuff that looks like camera lens flares and when this is suggested as an explanation states that he thought even if its a lens flare, the shape of the flare is being formed by the persons consciousness. (or something to that effect)

Here is an article in which he suggests that Pres. John Kennedy was an alien abductee because this is revealed in his speech when audio tracks are played backwards.

www.examiner.com...

I'm quite sure Jon takes his research quite seriously, but from everything I've read, "reverse speech analysis" is just wishful thinking, and has no scientific basis whatsoever (human speech patterns can form rather random sounding words, but much of this is the mind putting "order" on "chaos".)

edit on 31-7-2011 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by zorgon
Having seen MANY satellites that are brightly lit by sunlight disappear as they move into the shadow of Earth, my vote on this one is something in orbit.

Its too bright to be a critter.

At the beginning of the second video there are TWO objects, one following the other at the same speed. Military satellites fly in tandem in the same orbit. Both videos, the objects are moving in a straight line

The pulsing is likely a camera effect because the stars are pulsing as well
edit on 31-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Nice catch

Unless we can find out which direction of travel this UFO is going, I,"m siding with Zorgon.
SnF even though

Correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't it been said that satellites don't actually move? Aren't they stationary?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've seen the same things many times. It's an Iridium Satellite. you can track them here:
www.n2yo.com...

Plan on seeing one that's near you and see how that compares to the video.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't it been said that satellites don't actually move? Aren't they stationary?

Gladly

As was just posted above me
www.n2yo.com...

Here is the 2nd flight of the secret space plane x-37b on live track. Just coming over New York

www.n2yo.com...

THOUSANDS of satellites up there, some stationary, most orbiting at over 17,000 mph. The ISS is also very bright

On a good night in the high desert you can count 25-30 of them

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

On a good night in the high desert you can count 25-30 of them

A good night out in the High Desert is really fun if you know when to look up. LOL! Tuesday nights at work have been fun too!
edit on 5-8-2011 by LSWONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
we need to know what location the cam is directed at and a daytime shot to compare.
It could be a ski hill where there are many lights. A vehicle driving down the mountain.
The light suddenly vanishing could be cloud cover: we had partly cloudy skies on that date

Additionally I would like to point out to UFO watchers in BC and Washington state, any aircraft anomalies right now and in the coming weeks are most likely military jets visiting the area for the Abbotsford Airshow that starts Thursday. It's common to have ufo reports during this time, although most are during daylight hours. I've been seeing various planes go over my house the past week, as they arrive at to participate at the air show. They come from all directions.

ETA This cams purpose is to capture ufo's, so naturally they are ready to jump on any anomaly and claim is as the cam doing it's job.
edit on 5-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join