It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Twitter User Investigated for "Anti-Government Propaganda"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Some of us knew this day was coming. The way groups can summon support for their causes over the Internet using social networks like Twitter or Facebook is a very scary thing for a government that is trying to tighten control over its citizens. I guess the First Amendment will now come with a warning label, "Dissent will NOT be tolerated."

Your thoughts?
edit on 30-7-2011 by survivalstation because: forgot to link source

edit on 30-7-2011 by survivalstation because: updated link

I guess the First Amendment will now come with a warning label, "Dissent will NOT be tolerated."

Well, if the First Amendment will now come with a warning, I guess the Second Amendment should come with a cure. :LOL:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I guess I'm screwed.

Really screwed.

well, you can always go before the federal judge with a copy of the constitution. When ever they tell you a law that you "broke" you should let them know which laws THEY broke. and hope cameras are on your face at the time :p

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
q why are they not required to supply you with a warrent before they access your accounts? If its your information of and belonging or originating from I think they should half to. either way accesing your twitter sounds like a scare tactic I mean what on earth do they think they could find in someones ramblings that would constatute a warrent in the first place freedom of speach is protected so... Anyway why would they try to take away your right to vent your flustrations that would usually cause ppl to act instead of complain dont ya think?
If they take away the inet I can see a bunch of upset ppl with no place to complain would that not be counter productive to their cause if the hype is true and they have one.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
See? Reserve judgment. Don't knee-jerk.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Even if it is a hoax I hate to say I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I've heard of people being fired for pictures or comments on their facebook page.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join