It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Twitter User Investigated for "Anti-Government Propaganda"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
As a frequent Twitter user, I use the micro-blogging service to "tweet" survival tips, comments on daily news and my displeasure at the way the U.S. Government has their fingers into everything including our wallets.

I was just posting some alternative news stories when I ran across this tweet that said:

EVERYONE. Drop what you're doing, and read this right now.

Normally, I wouldn't have clicked the short link that followed but knowing the person that sent the tweet, I did.

What I read on a hastily written blog post blew my mind! Long story short, the blogger had been having trouble accessing his Twitter account for a few days. He sent an email to Twitter support asking for help and after a few more days this was the reply he received from Twitter:

"We at Twitter want to apologize for your issues over the last week. We were asked by a government agency to suspend your accounts while you were investigated for suspicious activity, including anti-government propaganda. We complied after being given a warrant from a federal judge. You have now been cleared, and your accounts reinstated. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."
Source

So there you have it, an un-named government agency investigating U.S. citizens for "anti-government propaganda." This is the type of thing that we would expect to see from a country like China, Turkey or Vietnam, but the United States?

Some of us knew this day was coming. The way groups can summon support for their causes over the Internet using social networks like Twitter or Facebook is a very scary thing for a government that is trying to tighten control over its citizens. I guess the First Amendment will now come with a warning label, "Dissent will NOT be tolerated."

Your thoughts?
edit on 30-7-2011 by survivalstation because: forgot to link source

edit on 30-7-2011 by survivalstation because: updated link
"Politics is no longer the art of the possible. It is now more the act of attempting to avoid the inevitable(the disclosure of UFO technology)." Arthur Unknown The Dissident Aggressor
edit on 31-7-2011 by UFOOWNER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I hope it is a hoax, because there really wouldn't be much more ANTI-GOVERNMENT that the government could do than this.

Free speech is a bedrock of America. It's her spirit. Hopefully the govt. wouldn't ever want to kill that, because it would be suicide.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I doubt it's a hoax, I've had anti-government comments deleted from Facebook. Freedom of speech will soon be a thing of the past.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
my emails have been deleted, every 'sent' email and every inbox, deleted, because i sent a ron paul video out.

2 months ago, facebook deleted all my friends, all my posts, and many of my photos, after i posted a ron paul video. when i tried to add more people, there is now a limit, because not enough people are adding me quick enough.

BUT a bunch of my friends did not add me back, because they mentioned i was too 'politikal' so i guess the internationalists got their ways, at least for the time being. i am slowly adding everyone back, by calling them on the phone! ha.

we live in a disgusting fascism. im going to look into other countries, but the international bankers have a foot hold just about everywhere. unless your mom is a certain way in america, good luck getting anything done.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is it really that preposterous? Just 50 years ago we were accusing our neighbors of being Russian spies. People seem to think we will evolve past that in a few short decades.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

I'd consider it an honor to be investigated. I know my law. I know my rights. Hell I'd bet I'm the only one around here who actually pays for music lol.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

My thought is that millions more need to do it, and keep doing it despite government attempts to put fear into people.

If several million are posting 'anti-government propaganda', what on earth can they do about it if even their attempts to intimidate people into silence don't work.

There comes a time when we must resist. Imo, that time is now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Some may even say they are government backed programs, nothing like citizens offering up all there information freely and willingly no?

What do you think they do here? Not necessarily government backed, but observed, and the citizenry willingly deluges as much info as needed in all cases, of all aspects. There is always the reluctant few but most are dishing out key pieces of information with a smile on their face and pat on the back, unknowingly being fed into the databases of the people we are trying to undermine.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
its sad, but inevitable. the more power the government gets, the more it loves the power. people who see it for the beast that it has become are enemies of the state.

this is what thomas jefferson meant when he said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

its coming, and it won't be pretty.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

This could very well point to Obama's new Puppet running the FCC.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Being involved and knowing a few folks that work with and for Twitter in design of the user Interface - Twitter hates this as much as you - If you don't have a Email or images of the message or which ever I just don't think it happened like said.

And guess what Just as I thought Dude comes clean and tells this was a big fat lie & Scam -

LINK HERE FOLKS

You people are shameful for posting crap like this here at ATS - No image of said Emailor screen shot and you go on a hunch -

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is a scam and not real - his Twitter was hacked and Phised or what ever - get the tread off of the front page and get some real news or topics -

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

S&F

Thanks for the info. No surprise but still scary. ...The new bogeymen are terrorists, not commies - Homeland Security is the new House Un-American Committee - but I can't figure out who replaced McCarthy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude said this is a scam from a hacked twitter account and not Twitter sending him EMAILS! - READ MY ABOVE POST - Do You PEOPLE TAKE IT HOOK LINE AND SINKER all the time?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearedust
This is a scam and not real - his Twitter was hacked and Phised or what ever - get the tread off of the front page and get some real news or topics -
As soon as I read the so called reply from Twitter I could tell it was a hoax. Twitter would never plainly state "you are being investigated for anti-government propaganda".

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I know right!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
EDIT: In that case, strike my comment.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Link that was used as the source for this site: Why I Was Gone From Twitter

"We at Twitter want to apologize for your issues over the last week. We were asked by a government agency to suspend your accounts while you were investigated for suspicious activity, including anti-government propaganda. We complied after being given a warrant from a federal judge. You have now been cleared, and your accounts reinstated. Sorry for any inconvience this may have caused."

Link: Twitter Account in Question
Twitter Message On Twitter Account Holder's Page:

CatsPolitics
.@TORARADICAL It looks like, based on your convo w/@delbius, that you were phished with a faked email from Twitter. @KevEnoch

@delbius Del Harvey
@CatsPolitics @toraradical @kevenoch Nod, it's not something we'd do, nor from an email configured for mail. Sounds like forged headers.

Case closed.

It was a fake email sent to the Twitter account holder.

Someone was pulling a phishing scam.

edit on 7/31/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearedust
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude said this is a scam from a hacked twitter account and not Twitter sending him EMAILS! - READ MY ABOVE POST - Do You PEOPLE TAKE IT HOOK LINE AND SINKER all the time?

Why yes they do, as long as the target is a teabagging birther kook making infantile comments about President Obama and the scam involves an unconstitutional attack on his free speech.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
I see this thread is no longer listed anywhere on the New Topics page. Not in the live headlines, new topic firehose, alternative news firehose or even the new topic rss feed. The only way to find this thread seems to be by going to the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum

I guess it was a brief but fleeting attempt at informing the public which now needs to be silenced. I'll try to make updates available as I find them out.

Paranoid guy incoming. lol It's on the homepage.

Anyways this story is really scary. I'm going to read a few more pages back and see if we found anything else out. Otherwise Ima believe it's true. His blog makes it seem like he's a pretty normal guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join