It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Twitter User Investigated for "Anti-Government Propaganda"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Yesterday, I had trouble getting into my gmail account as well. It kept giving me the error of "My account had been disabled". I thought I had been hacked, but, I waited and the next day I was able to get into it again.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ok, so here's what I have been able to cobble together so far regarding this matter.

Twitter's response from their lead Twitter's Trust & Safety team advisor, @delbius had this to say:

Our policy is to notify users prior to turning over information unless prohibited by statute or court order – t.co...

Good on Twitter! I sure would like to know that I'm being investigated before my actual user logs are handed over... that's why kids, you always need a bug-out-bag by your front door.

@TORARADICAL says that the email came from [email protected]

@delbius (Twitter Trust & Safety Team advisor) response was:

Interesting, that's not an outbound email address and they don't work with legal policy issues. Could you screenshot headers?

Nod, it's not something we'd do, nor from an email configured for mail. Sounds like forged headers.
As far as I know at this time, @TORARADICAL is still unable to access his email.

In retrospect, somehow I don't think the DHS would actually use the term "anti-government propaganda" but something more discreet such as "seditious language" or some such rot.

While this may have been a hack job on his Gmail account, this smacks of a bigger conspiracy. Who are the people responsible? Why hack a Twitter user with a small following (1,300 followers at last count)? Was he specifically targeted because of his conservative opinions? Is this something we can expect more of?

Anybody who has paid attention to what is going on with the Internet lately knows that the government has been using Ntrepid's software to create online personas to formulate support for the government opinion. While the U.S. Government swears that they only use this software outside the States to disrupt terrorists, can we really believe that they aren't testing the waters at home?

I'm sorry people, when it comes to something like this, I would rather err on the side of caution than play the skeptic and get caught with my pants down.
edit on 31-7-2011 by survivalstation because: apology

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think it's a hoax. It sounds like a ridiculous chain mail. Super vague, no real source, unrealistic in the fact that twitter would actually send a personalized response to the guy, only found on some guys blog.

Hoax.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Having read the Blog and the postings, this seems to be very serious indeed, however there is one nagging question that comes to mind: What exactly did this person post and tweet about? We can only see what he wrote in his blog, yet no idea on what he stated.
To be clear about where the line is the following can be stated:
You can post and state that a group is wrong, call them names, even suggest the replacement of a group in general, such as the congress of the US. However, if a person calls for violence or even the killing of one individuals, then it crosses that line, especially if it is a government official or some one elected.
So we need to look at this very cautiously.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Quite agreed. I frequently post things to Twitter that I have to wonder if they crossed the line. Free speech is one thing but we all know shouting "Movie" in a crowded Firehouse is against the law.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Double post, sorry.
edit on 31-7-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
But I need the foreign agitators.

How else am I going to sharpen my web sparring skills? I mean without letting idiots in, the entertainment value of the internet just isn't there.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

In retrospect, somehow I don't think the DHS would actually use the term "anti-government propaganda" but something more discreet such as "seditious language" or some such rot.

The 'anti-government propaganda' wording made this sound completely bogus. Unless the user is in another country, I just don't believe it. It sounds like someone is either trying to make themselves sound more important, or that someone is just screwing with him.

But, that is just an opinion, and perhaps something more will come out of this later. But, honestly, if it were true, why would Twitter say those words, 'anti-goverment propaganda' which I would assume could be the basis of a lawsuit against whoever initiated the process (maybe?)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It gets more in depth here is a quote from the link at the top that tells you to read it after. "With that and other tweets, Twitter has stated that the email mentioned last night was not from them. " This is the link to it jonathandsangster.blogspot.com... It sounds like he made someone mad and they set up a trap to hack him. It's not looking like it's the governments hand.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Anti-government propaganda = Free Speech that TPTB don't like? Thank you for the post, OP. A very sad day so many of us see coming.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This story seems to be along the same lines (ending freedom of speech for our protection)....Here is an excerpt. I'm sure you've all seen this already....

some South Carolina residents are receiving a wake-up call today, as police in Kershaw County have been placed on alert for “people out there that might want to hurt them.” The reason for the alert? An article that was posted to a Facebook page and an individual that “liked” it. The article, entitled “When Should You Shoot A Cop?” was published by CopBlock.org, an organization that promotes transparency and accountability of law enforcement. The article discusses the issue of resistance to police “authority” and those police officers who are acting in an illegal fashion. The article also discusses the right that you have, as an individual, to defend your life and your person even when it is being threatened by a member of the police.

Even if both stories were found to be hoaxes, I would still question the predictive programming that is being put into the collective and used to manipulate us into agreeing to stop speaking freely.

It's pretty disgusting, no matter how you dress it up!

The link I posted broke. I guess. I'm not sure how to post a link....I haven't tried to do that before. I followed the directions, but the link did not work. I think this will.
www.activistpost.com...
edit on 31/7/11 by RainbeauBleu because: to fix the source link because it did not work

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Here's a tip...stay away from twitter

They watch everything you do on those sites including facebook, thats why annonymous is as real as bigfoot
edit on 31-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It seems like it would take an awful lot of people to monitor an online community as large as twitter...

Maybe this is where those 'new jobs' our esteemed President keeps boasting about are coming from?

edit on 31-7-2011 by ddaniel because: ..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

They have computers that scan through everything for keywords...they find something they dont like bam there onto you so dont think its a bunch of kids sittin on computers watching what people say...there waiting to take someone out

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Is it really surprising to anyone?

As things get worse, the harder they are going to come down on those who DARE talk negatively towards the establishment. They know who you are, and names have been taken.

(and ya, I am more then likely on that list)
edit on 31-7-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Anyone silly enough to post anti government sentiment on Facebook or Twitter had better be ready for what the government does. Both of these outlets are used by government to acquire new people to investigate and look into.

Some may even say they are government backed programs, nothing like citizens offering up all there information freely and willingly no?

It doesn't even have to be Facebook or Twitter (although Facebook is as much a government player as any other company out there), but what makes you think that that same 'non-named' government agency is not actively investigating us here on ATS?

All they would have to do is submit that warrant to ATS staff and all your private info would have to be shared. Who knows, all your ATS habits could be logged, which posts your star and flag and so on. The simple fact that this is not hard to believe could happen is concerning, to say the least.

It just doesn't feel like free speech any more.

What I would like to hear in the news is that that government agency TRIED to submit a warrant and the company refused to share any personal info on the users since the company values constitutional rights and sees the gov action as a violation. I hope ATS owners would behave in such manner.

Khar

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I know. I was just making (or trying to make) a joke...

swing and a miss

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

After 9-11 my hotmail account was down for a few days.....I think this happens alot more than we hear about...I had written a long email when I was in the middle east about some things in the army that I thought were going wrong...I was a typical soldier bitching haha....I never deleted the email and after 9/11 the account was suspended...I never recieved any follow up either...eventually it came back up without as much as a why they did it. I really didn't care since I had nothing to hide, but I found it interesting..that something in one of my emails would trigger it to be noticed...probably a few key words that registered in some NSA system or something. Everything is stored these days...everything.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

we will probably see this become more common. there is no privacy especially in open communications. people who speak their minds have been paying the price in America before we were born.

we are living in the days when a 3rd generation American great great grandmother, wife of a veteran, mother of a veteran, etcetera, gets groped down and questioned at the airport as if she truly poses a threat to the health and welfare of her native land, the USA.

those drunk on power have so many lines of paid muscle to bully people about that its not funny. sick sad country our fearless upstanding leaders have turned America into. i've no doubt it is going to get much worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join