It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preliminary report on Alien Tissue and Fluid samples. PROOF, folks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Depends, is his fake degree from a diploma mill or is one of those natural healing PhD's that certifies people to cure cancer with tree bark?

It's not even that! At least then he'd be telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Tried to find out a bit about this 'Dr' and it led me to 'Pinelandia Biophysical Laboratory'. Searched for it on google maps as nothing on google web. It appears to be an holistic health centre. I'm a noobie so don't know how to post links and such but here is the website.
www.templeofhealth.ws...
If you go there you should hover over the 'avatar cancer centre' button.

I won't spoil it for for you...just to say it gave me a bit of a shock

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I had the notion that Leevengood was discredited and his findings on plant,stem and node expulsions from various crop formations were also debunked but this is the first time i have come across actual peer reviewed papers;What has to be asked here is WHY did his peers pass and publish his findings in their much respected scientific journals such as the much respected" PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM" if they had any doubts that his findings/experiments ect were based on scientific flaws or errors;Are we to believe that peers of the respected scientific peer reviewed " PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM" went ahead and published is work/findings in this journal because they either were incompetent,mistaken or just plain stupid;????

Surely his peers that reviewed and gave the go ahead for his findings and conclusions need to be accountable;Again finding it highly suspicious and strange that any errors or un- scientific methods by him were NOT noticed by his peers that would have meant his papers being REJECTED and NOT published in a peer reviewed scientific journal;Maybe we have a total smear campaign directed at Leevengood , relentless in its attacks on his findings because of the nature of what nhe was implying that SOME crop formations were the result of unknown origins or not made by plankers with ropes and blocks of wood;

links to his peer reviewed papers below for further viewing and study/reading as to his credibility on this current topic;

www.iccra.org...

www.iccra.org...

www.iccra.org...

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Huh. I just did some doublechecking on this claim of yours. First of all, Saucer Smear appears to be a tabloid, I don't care how long it's been around. Just looking at the "titles" in the past issues list makes me doubt their integrity.
Second of all, it's not a peer-reviewed journal.
Third, I found a link to another board in which a new member wrote just this month:

Given the recent revelations by Lance Moody that ufologist and researcher, writer Phil Imbrogno lied about his MIT degree, and the resulting kerfluffle in ufological circles; I think it worth revisiting the claim that William Levengood, one of the 'leading' scientific investigators - among the believers that is - of crop circles, faked his own PhD credentials.

Levengood is part of the BLT research team (Burke, Levengood, Talbott) that is the most noted for undertaking scientific analyses of the plant and soil material in affected crop formations and claiming that there are physical and physiological effects that differ from the untouched and unaffected crops ie the crop circle phenomenon is a real mystery even if many of them are also hoaxed. Well that's the BLT line anyway, along with all the croppies who trek to south-west England every year for the season's displays (the summer harvesting months, right now is peak season). John Burke, also a scientist, passed away recently. Nancy Talbott is the group spokesperson, she has a background in psychology. I don't know if the team still exists thus in any meaningful sense or if other investigators do the research and pass on their results to Talbott who continues to publicize the findings under the BLT umbrella or what.. Their website is BLTResearch.

It is well-known among those seriously interested in the crop circle phenomenon that ufologist Kevin Randle claimed that William Levengood, who apparently taught plant science as a biophysicist at Michigan State, lied about his PhD qualification.

Firstly even though Randle is a well-known ufologist believer and writer (who unfortunately takes the Roswell nonsense seriously); to his credit, he has written some excellent stuff debunking the alien abduction phenomenon. Randle is a US military veteran who served in Vietnam and Iraq (can't be many who served in both wars, on the ground!). He also needs to be credited for uncovering Levengood's deceit (if he has done so), which I have noticed has been completely ignored by the croppie believers.

Now here's the thing though, when I wanted to check up on Randle's own remarks in this regard, I couldn't find them at his blog or in any of his writings elsewhere on the web. There is no mention of Levengood at all if you do a search at his blog. It's all second-hand in other words, the words of James Moseley, editor at Saucer Smear, (from the December 2002 issue of Saucer Smear) not Randle himself. Likewise skeptics have repeated the charges from Saucer Smear, yet I can't seem to find anything at all from the source of this exposé - ie Kevin Randle himself, at his blog 'A Different Perspective' or anywhere else.
forums.randi.org...

Other investigating shows that Levengood never "asked" to be called a doctor, but when it happened, he didn't clarify. Beside that remains the FACT that he HAS been published in peer-reviewed journals. I don't know what sort of drivel Saucer Smear publishes, but it's clearly not a scientific journal.

So, thanks for enlightening me as to who Levengood is, but somehow it feels like a playground feud among skeptics. Are you a scientist?

I agree I wish there were photos, but there is plenty of data out there showing that stuff IS covered up.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Thank you! My point exactly. I am poking around, too. And it does sound suspiciously like a smear campaign. ANYONE who has talked about this stuff at all is at some point called a fraud, a liar, a hoaxer, a loon, a nutcase....whatever. It's abundantly clear that the real deal will be squelched or poo-poohed by those who are hellbent on covering it up.

Whatever. The fact is, he would NOT have been published if his work was shoddy. This Randle character, on the other hand, well, why does he get credibility? (Note he didn't even say those things. Nice, Mr Moseley).

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by WingedBull

Huh. I just did some doublechecking on this claim of yours. First of all, Saucer Smear appears to be a tabloid, I don't care how long it's been around. Just looking at the "titles" in the past issues list makes me doubt their integrity.
Third, I found a link to another board in which a new member wrote just this month:

Given the recent revelations by Lance Moody that ufologist and researcher, writer Phil Imbrogno lied about his MIT degree, and the resulting kerfluffle in ufological circles; I think it worth revisiting the claim that William Levengood, one of the 'leading' scientific investigators - among the believers that is - of crop circles, faked his own PhD credentials.

Levengood is part of the BLT research team (Burke, Levengood, Talbott) that is the most noted for undertaking scientific analyses of the plant and soil material in affected crop formations and claiming that there are physical and physiological effects that differ from the untouched and unaffected crops ie the crop circle phenomenon is a real mystery even if many of them are also hoaxed. Well that's the BLT line anyway, along with all the croppies who trek to south-west England every year for the season's displays (the summer harvesting months, right now is peak season). John Burke, also a scientist, passed away recently. Nancy Talbott is the group spokesperson, she has a background in psychology. I don't know if the team still exists thus in any meaningful sense or if other investigators do the research and pass on their results to Talbott who continues to publicize the findings under the BLT umbrella or what.. Their website is BLTResearch.

It is well-known among those seriously interested in the crop circle phenomenon that ufologist Kevin Randle claimed that William Levengood, who apparently taught plant science as a biophysicist at Michigan State, lied about his PhD qualification.

Firstly even though Randle is a well-known ufologist believer and writer (who unfortunately takes the Roswell nonsense seriously); to his credit, he has written some excellent stuff debunking the alien abduction phenomenon. Randle is a US military veteran who served in Vietnam and Iraq (can't be many who served in both wars, on the ground!). He also needs to be credited for uncovering Levengood's deceit (if he has done so), which I have noticed has been completely ignored by the croppie believers.

Now here's the thing though, when I wanted to check up on Randle's own remarks in this regard, I couldn't find them at his blog or in any of his writings elsewhere on the web. There is no mention of Levengood at all if you do a search at his blog. It's all second-hand in other words, the words of James Moseley, editor at Saucer Smear, (from the December 2002 issue of Saucer Smear) not Randle himself. Likewise skeptics have repeated the charges from Saucer Smear, yet I can't seem to find anything at all from the source of this exposé - ie Kevin Randle himself, at his blog 'A Different Perspective' or anywhere else.
forums.randi.org...

Other investigating shows that Levengood never "asked" to be called a doctor, but when it happened, he didn't clarify. Beside that remains the FACT that he HAS been published in peer-reviewed journals. I don't know what sort of drivel Saucer Smear publishes, but it's clearly not a scientific journal.

So, thanks for enlightening me as to who Levengood is, but somehow it feels like a playground feud among skeptics. Are you a scientist?

I agree I wish there were photos, but there is plenty of data out there showing that stuff IS covered up.

Excellent research, good on you,finding it more of a possible scenario of a deliberate smear campaign on Leevengood;

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You know, this is slightly off topic, but since the thread seems to have derailed anyway, I want to add that I personally know a scientist (he is the maternal grandfather of my nephew) who spent his working life trying to prove that flouride was dangerous. He was scoffed at and chided and considered a crackpot during the last half of the 20th century.

And NOW........well, now flouride is considered dangerous.

Just shows to go ya....!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The witness wiped up the blood/fluid and tissue of the Gray I nearly split in two partswith an exceptionally well sharpened Samurai sword after hand to hand combat with these little parasites.We have plenty of evidence to prove it, gathered over many years." These samples were analyzed bya Dr Levengood and Amanda N. Nimke in 2009.
reply to post by wildtimes

Hmmm , well if they cut ET in two then they should have a body also. This is nonsense folks.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here is Levengood's CV:

Here is his CV (however you pronounce it):

LEVENGOOD, W.C. - Biophysicist
M.S. in Biophysics, Univeristy of Michigan, 1970
M.A. in Bioscience, Ball State University, 1961
Research physicist at the Institute of Science and
Technology and the Dept. of Natural Resources,
U. Michigan, 1961-1970; Director of Biophysical
Research for private-sector companies, 1970-83.
Published 50 scientific papers, including eight in
the prestigous journal Nature; three papers
(1994; 1995; 1999) present results from studies of
crop circle plants and soils. Currently pursuing
various research interests at his laboratory (Pine-
landia Biophysical Laboratory) in Grass Lakes, MI.

That's quite a background. And his colleague Nancy Talbott clarified when asked.
ufoupdateslist.com...

The NAS told me exactly what they told JJS: the NAS does not
confer degrees. Really confused at this point, I called
Levengood back. He sounded irritated by my continuing questions
- perhaps because, in the scientific arena it is one's work, not
one's credentials, that counts (note that in all mainstream
scientific journals no degrees are indicated after author's
names at all). Also, Levengood never had much interest in the
media and, clearly, was not as concerned as I was with the
presentation of his work to them (I was the person who had to
deal with reporters).

Subsequently, a colleague of Levengood's told me the following:
(1) Levengood did complete the required course-work for his Ph.D
in biophysics; (2) he did write a paper as a Ph.D thesis, which
was published in August, l973: "Bioelectric Currents and Oxidant
Levels in Plant Systems," J.Experimental Botany, Vol. 24, No.
81, pp. 626-39; (3) however, for personal reasons, he had not
completed his Orals examination, the final requirement for the
Ph.D degree. Consequently he had not received the formal Ph.D,
instead receiving a second Master's degree from the University
of Michigan.

The fact that Levengood went on to publish more than 50 papers
in respected, peer-reviewed scientific journals (including
multiple papers in Nature and Science) is further evidence that,
among his colleagues, he is considered to be professionally
competent and credible. In science, it is one's work that
matters...and a great deal of his work has been accepted by his
peers....
What the interested public needs to consider is that Levengood
is a career scientist. He has had extensive graduate academic
training. He has published more than 50 papers in peer-reviewed
scientific journals. He is highly intelligent, well-trained, and
is rigorous in his methodology. His laboratory work is solid -
there is no reason whatsoever for him to present inaccurate
data and every reason not to (I will be able to demonstrate
additional proof of this very clearly as soon as the new clay-
mineral crystallization study can be posted on the BLT web-
site). Whether his theoretical ideas are correct I don't
know... but time will certainly tell.

I, for personal reasons, chose not to sit for my licensure as a clinical therapist. I was qualified, I was doing the work, and I was prepared. But I didn't, because I didn't want some bureaucrat breathing down my neck telling me what to do with my education and monitoring me, and threatening to "revoke" my license.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

And you know it's nonsense because.... how?
And some of you seem to not have noticed this was some while ago. Just because the rancher doesn't have photos plastered all over the internet does not make him a liar. Maybe he doesn't even HAVE internet. He's a rancher, for crying out loud!

I know ATS is a tough audience, but the knee-jerk slammers need to back up their "it's nonsense" claims just like they expect those doing the studies to do. Fair enough?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's an article on related topic:

Shocking FBI Disclosures on Cattle Mutilations

One of the most disturbing aspects of the UFO phenomenon is the cattle mutilation mystery. It has spanned decades without adequate explanation. At first, the FBI refused to enter into investigations in the beginning due to the interpretation of their federal charter which precluded the bureau being at the beck and call of just anyone located within a single state. The FBI was intended for the investigation and arrest of criminals committing acts that transcended state lines. So, the bureau did resist pleas for its assistance when the first outbreak of widely publicized cattle mutilations began in 1973.

That being said, it was not long before the FBI was inadvertently drawn into the fray. Once a massive wave of reports were simultaneously received from several different states. Incidents over a wide array of counties across the northwest sent frantic pleas for help to authorities as besieged ranchers discovered prized healthy cattle strangely victimized by what appeared to be surgically removed genitalia, eyes, lips, udders, and even organs such as the heart. Many complained of their animals actually being drained of blood.

This bizarre phenomena drew notoriety in Kansas when 22 cattle were found mutilated across 15 different counties. Sheriff's and investigators initially came up with conventional causes such as the predatory action of coyotes, wolves, and scavengers such as vultures and hawks. Closer inspection proved that only some cases were explained in this way.

There were new allegations that emerged as investigators began a new theory. The cattle mutilations were now being conducted by Satanic worshipers. Some ex-convict by the name of Bankston, who had been imprisoned for blowing up an Army laboratory and killing a researcher, had made a horrid claim. He had stated that some unmentionable and grisly fertility rite had been performed upon a runaway teenager resulting in their death. A cattle's reproductive organ had been used in the repugnant act. However, this single isolated incident would not explain the multiple mutilations scattered over many counties across the borders of several states was just not an adequate explaination.

Such states as Nebraska, Dakota, Minnessota, Oklahoma, Trinidad, Colorado and Texas along with Kansas were getting reports from angered and fearful ranchers as more mutilated cattle began cropping up on their properties. Veterinarians called in to autopsy the dead animals were appalled to find toxins present in the carcasses of the mutilated cattle. They presumed that these germ warfare grade bacterias and toxins had been injected into the animals.

A hysteria had now begun. Not only were mutilations being reported widely, but there were curious sightings of unknown lights in the skies especially in the vicinity of and along the timeline of cattle mutilations. Ranchers were now camping out on their pastures, armed, and awaiting the appearance of cattle rustlers, Satanic worshipers, or even aliens if that were the case. There were many instances of sheriffs, police, and ranchers chasing unknown crafts in the wee hours of the night once mutilations had been discovered.
Now as the Army was being blamed for conducting secret helicopter missions from Ft. Riley, National Guard helicopter units were ordered to increase their normal cruise altitudes from 500 to 1,000 feet to protect them from the rifle fire of angry cattle ranchers.

At this same time a major UFO flap was underway. SAC bases such as Minot, North Dakota reported unknown aerial crafts hovering over their Minute Man Missile silos. The navigational data in the computers located in the nose cones of these missiles was altered rendering the weapons ineffectual! Several Strategic Air Command bases experienced such occurrences.

The bizarre incidents being reported had authorities in a virtual state of alert around the clock in many counties. The FBI was active in reviewing these cases, but was unable to get a handle on the overwhelming influx of circumstances. There were many theories, but few answers. On one hand studies by various state agencies had shown that natural processes such as deterioration and predatory action could mimic the observed mutilation details observed by ranchers, but it did not explain the freshly mutilated animals that were found hours after their deaths. Authorities were baffled. Ranchers were understably mad and fearful. The army was silent on the subject or in official denial.

Doctor J.Allen Hynek, the former Project Blue Book astrophysical consultant for the Air Force, now director of the Center For UFO studies, requested the assistance of Special Treasury Agent Donald Flickinger. Now, another federal agency would enter the mystery and begin its investigation.

The strange thing about all this in the FBI files is that a large page volume is devoted to the OUI magazine article written by Ed Sanders, who wrote an extensive article about the cattle mutilation phenomena.

This is the largest volume of investigatory files devoted by the FBI to any particular aspect of the UFO mystery. Sheer number of pages preclude me from being able to cover all of this in a single article so I will continue to comment more in another episode. Stay tuned.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Shocking FBI Disclosures on Cattle Mutilations - Dallas ufo | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...[/e]

Continue reading on Examiner.com Shocking FBI Disclosures on Cattle Mutilations - Dallas ufo | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Can i ask where you found his c.v.? Link please?

Currently pursuing

Pinelandia Biophysical Laboratory, Grass Lake , Michigan 49240

Doesn't exist.
edit on 30-7-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by bluemooone2

And you know it's nonsense because.... how?
And some of you seem to not have noticed this was some while ago. Just because the rancher doesn't have photos plastered all over the internet does not make him a liar. Maybe he doesn't even HAVE internet. He's a rancher, for crying out loud!

I know ATS is a tough audience, but the knee-jerk slammers need to back up their "it's nonsense" claims just like they expect those doing the studies to do. Fair enough?

Well , should this produce DNA that shows not to be earthly (say perhaps a tipple helix?) then I would be astounded . But let me get this straight . A rancher kills an alien with a` exceptionally well sharpened Samurai sword` , takes no pictures but collects some blood samples ?
edit on 30-7-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The fibers from morgellons sufferers are not plant or animal yet no one is saying that "its absolute proof of alien life"!

No credible doctor would risk his reputation as a scientist by making such ridiculous claims.

edit on 30-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

I clipped it from this site
ufoupdateslist.com...

it shows the emails exchanged in their entirety regarding the matter. Read the whole page..
cheers!!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
Can i ask where you found his c.v.? Link please?

Currently pursuing

Pinelandia Biophysical Laboratory, Grass Lake , Michigan 49240

Doesn't exist.
edit on 30-7-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

Try these below;

jxb.oxfordjournals.org...

www.bltresearch.com...

www.bltresearch.com...

That paper was reviewed and published in the below scientific journal;

www.jse.com...

Again WHY has he been published in a number of" peer reviewed journals", something does not fit, WHY was his work,findings,experiments and finale conclusions accepted and published;??????

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Did you read the article thoroughly? He says he has been having these visits and fighting the "parasites" for years. Sadly, I can't find anything online to verify it, or his name anywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Did you read the response from his colleague Ms Talbot? Did you look at the long list of his published works?
He's credible in the academic and scientific worlds, and apparently doesn't give a hoot about media's impressions of him.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You are right, it is a dirt rag about Ufology, targeting charlatans and frauds in the field. That does not make it wrong. In fact, Mosely is echoing what others have already stated. Kevin Randle, Colin Andrews, etc.

So what? Levengood's claims about finding alien biological material from the bisected alien weren't published in a peer-reviewed journal either.

Other investigating shows that Levengood never "asked" to be called a doctor, but when it happened, he didn't clarify.

He gladly and wantonly calls himself doctor.

www.colinandrews.net...

Beside that remains the FACT that he HAS been published in peer-reviewed journals.

Again, so what? You are making an appeal-to-authority; just because he was published at some point in peer-reviewed journals does not make his claims about the alien biological material true.

Originally posted by wildtimesAre you a scientist?

No I am not. But that does not matter. Neither are you, I suspect. And I also suspect that you will make another appeal to authority, claiming I am wrong simply on the fact of what our respective degrees are.

Argument by proxy; it does not matter if something is being covered-up, it is irrelevant to this discussion.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
That paper was reviewed and published in the below scientific journal;

www.jse.com...

Yet, the JSE does not show up on the indexing service of top scientific journals. And it is highly controversial to begin with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join