It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improving Mexican economy draws undocumented immigrants home from California

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by centurion1211

Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent,

Really a 4.9?
why if thats true why are there so many poor and homeless in Mexico? you see thats why i dont believe in those crab unemployment rate numbers.

It depends a lot on how one defines "unemployed" and who is expected to be employed. "Partially employed" really is not like being "a little bit pregnant", especially not in the US.

Poor and homeless in Mexico?? Definition, please. I don't really believe Mexico has a "homeless" problem. Their family system is very generationally inclusive and a family takes care of its own, almost everyone has a "home" they can go to. Almost any family group can obtain a home, either to rent, buy, or build one. A home is very accesible to almost anyone.

What is poor? Starving? Obesity and diabetes are health problems in Mexico, most people are eating. There is poverty everywhere and the US is not exempt from it either, on their reservations or up in the backwoods there are people living outside the formal economic standard, off the grid, out of the matrix so to speak. Living that way is much more discouraged in the US than many places. "For the children" the government meddles to make sure the children are educated, vaccinated, and that no person is emancipated from the system. Mexico is less stringent in that regard so has a number of people living in little ranchos and pueblos, far from the system that makes them other than "poor".

Poor is...? Lacking "necessities"? How many of ATS survivalists here are going to say to just give them a hunting knife, a Bic lighter, and a ball of twine and by the end of the week they'll have camp set-up to rival Club Med? Many would be happy to live like that if there was a place they could do so, especially with nice weather. Welcome to Mexico. The survivalists here have developed it into an art, called living. There is property here, much of it, that is accesible to natural-born Mexicans for an affordable price almost any of them can buy.

Running water? The water system is very different here. I receive fresh water pumped to my house by the city water system about 2 or 3 times a week for several hours. It tops-off my aljibe (underground storage tank, cistern, which holds more than a month's supply of water for me) which has a float valve that cuts-off the water when full. I have a tinaco (tank) on my roof with a pump to fill it (electric float sensor to trigger the pump). This provides me water pressure for my shower, kitchen, and bathroom needs - works just like your home and most city dwellers have a similar system. Others prefer having a pila (above-ground large pool of fresh water)
and use cubetas (buckets) to fill their sinks, flush the toilet, etc. They have like a shower stall (the pila generally has coves that service the kitchen and bath) and use their cubetas to rinse, scrub down, and rinse-off - ice-cold water! One friend of mine always removes the shower-head in a place without pilas so he can fill his cubeta easier. There are well-developed practices around the pila to not contaminate the water, plus the pila is emptied, scrubbed-down, and refilled periodically. No running water. It is not poverty, however.

When the Mexican government offers something free it is up to the people to go, stand in line, and take advantage of the offering. Getting those thing are considered the right thing to do and you are foolish or lazy to not go take advantage of what is being given out. That same cultural value is carried over when they enter American society, they wouldn't get it if they were not qualified to receive it. If that statement is not true then it is not their fault for receiving the goods. Complain to your congressman or city hall.

Mexican workers are needed in the US. At least seasonally they are a necessity to harvest or do seasonal work. There just are not American workers that are willing or able to do those things. Just try to do without them if you don't believe this. There used to be programs for importing seasonal workers. After a number of seasons these workers earned their Social Security benefits (money was taken from them to make them eligible) and many retired in Mexico while others that could stay employed year-around made the US their home. Some time along the way it was thought better, with a lot of citizen rabble-rousing, to leave these people out of the system and permit them to work "illegally" and welcomed to accept that standard. Read earlier post in this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, you guys don't like them illegal immigrants and there is becoming less and less reason for them to go there. You're getting your wish, patience. Quit promising government handouts and more money then many had ever seen in their lives. But word is out on the streets that the US is not really an easy life, all milk and honey days. Most do not want to go there but the mystique exists for the young growing up on the ranchos that never had a taste of living big. I'm trying to help the cause though, I'm telling them the truth about life in the USofA.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so someone tell us legal americans where do we go for a better life?

oops tough luck ol pal sucks being you i guess.

Back to where you came from???

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

family came from ireland over 250 years ago im legal and america is my home

tough call since irelands financial crisis is just as bad as ours.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Again, the difference is legally and illegally.

I wish it were that easy. I have written more about why the "illegal" system is preferred. And it IS an established system.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
in Massachusetts, when a citizen petition to decriminalize weed passed with 65% of the vote, it was seen as repealing a tax.

everyone knew that people sentenced to rehab was nothing but a scam to get money out of citizens.
edit on 30-7-2011 by citizen6511 because: shorten message

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah, really....for every ten that go back home, 100 come across

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by centurion1211

Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent,

Really a 4.9?
why if thats true why are there so many poor and homeless in Mexico? you see thats why i dont believe in those crab unemployment rate numbers.

Well, if enough mexicans believe it to the point that thousands are leaving the U.S. and going home, I guess it doesn't matter if you believe it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join