It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improving Mexican economy draws undocumented immigrants home from California

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Improving Mexican economy draws undocumented immigrants home from California

www.sacbee.com

"It's now easier to buy homes on credit, find a job and access higher education in Mexico," Sacramento's Mexican consul general, Carlos González Gutiérrez, said Wednesday. "We have become a middle-class country."

Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent, compared with 9.4 percent joblessness in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So, there is actually a silver lining after all to all the economic turmoil in the U.S. Any student of history understands the back and forth, pendulum swing, of events. Now, after all the hand wringing over illegal immigration, could it be that the pendulum has started to swing back? I for one hope this is what it means.

www.sacbee.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
More from the source:

An estimated 300,000 undocumented immigrants have left California since 2008, though the remaining 2.6 million still make up 7 percent of the population and 9 percent of the labor force, according to the Public Policy Institute of California.

What's next, they start sending money back from Mexico to their impoverished relatives in the U.S.?

At least that would help our economy - if only a little.

edit on 7/29/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I recently saw a PBS special on the subject of Mexican Illegal workers... and if I recall the numbers correctly...
they said something like 15% of the Mexican GDP came from those workers sending money home....

of course nowadays jobs are damn hard to come by... better to make pennies at home than nothing over here..

s&f as always

edit on 29-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Good bye, so long, farewell!!!!!

Hope it's true. Don't let the border hit you in the butt when you leave.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So how long before we start sneaking over to their side of the border?!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Good bye, so long, farewell!!!!!

Hope it's true. Don't let the border hit you in the butt when you leave.

Obviously some boys at the oval office will enjoy your post ....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Didn't GM move to mexico? thiers your answer...GM pink slipped american workers, making americans cars, crappy ones that is, for the past 30 years, most recently over the past 7-8 years, their transmissions..to cut costs n save money, they changed a nitrile rubber trasnmission seal, $7 to a $5 plastic seal..trasnmiisons failed at 75,000 miles. To save money for the CEO's to me it seems, regardless, move to mexico, for cheaper labor and sell crappy cars. no wonder thier econoy is stating up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
A far as i kow, at least with plymouth neons, thiers aplant in canada, and one in mexico too. been thier at least past 10 years now.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

I don't have to sneak. I can catch a plane and be at my condo on the Beach in Mazatlan in 2 1/2 hours enjoying a cool DosXX with a Reposada chaser.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
adios!!!
now I just got to upstairs and share this news with my illegal neighbors.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe we could give them a piece of the "pie" to take with them on their trip back.

Could be helpful fixing the debt.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Now all they have to do is legalize drugs in the US/Canada so our borders aren't a war zone any longer.

Then all the drug lords and pointlessness would have no fuel any longer then much of the continent can prosper.
edit on 29-7-2011 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I can catch a plane and be at my condo on the Beach in Mazatlan in 2 1/2 hours enjoying a cool DosXX with a Reposada chaser.

That's kind of how it started for me. In 2006 when the boss came around saying the economy was going south and asking for volunteers to take an early out with a bonus it seems I was the only one not in debt up to my ears that could take advantage of that offer. Didn't take log to figure out there wasn't anything keeping me in California any longer except my house. Funny thing happened to the value of that house just a few months after I sold it.

After that any time someone started gassing about building a big wall along the border all I could do is suggest they build it big enough no one could cross it either direction. Can't really think of anything I left on the north side of the border I want to go back for. Life's just a little too good here for that.

Funny all the mis-perceptions people have about Mexico. Just as well. Que le vaya bien. ¡Salud!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy
Now all they have to do is legalize drugs in the US/Canada so our borders aren't a war zone any longer.

Then all the drug lords and pointlessness would have no fuel any longer then much of the continent can prosper.
edit on 29-7-2011 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

One might think the Drug War would be a good thing to end to stop the pointless violence and drain on the economy. US leaders won't do that though. US taxpayers pay for the Drug War because they've been convinced "it's the right thing to do" and it's those same leaders that are reaping the benefits of keeping it going. They make a bundle off both ends of the Drug War while the taxpayers take care of all the expenditures. They can keep their own populace living in fear while destabilizing foreign governments by selling them on the Drug War strategy that US citizens are willing to finance. I can't see them in any hurry to change a thing.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I'm on the verge of becoming an expat myself. I'm also looking into some property on Mykonos; some real bargins are popping up all over Europe. We street musicians can pretty much pick and choose where to set out the can.

Americans are so eager to find a scapegoat for their problems when the solution should be found in their alma y corazon.

www.top10greekislands.com...

edit on 29-7-2011 by whaaa because: peace

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
hey! does this mean GM suports the mexican drug cartels?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This post made me actually LOL a lot.

Karma does exist, watch out

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I'm on the verge of becoming an expat myself. I'm also looking into some property on Mykonos; some real bargins are popping up all over Europe. We street musicians can pretty much pick and choose where to set out the can.

Americans are so eager to find a scapegoat for their problems when the solution should be found in their alma y corazon.

¡Órale!

Thought about doing the mariachi thing myself but my friends want me working the kitchen.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac69c8e9280.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that I got my wife up on cooking my gringo specialties I can have her work the cocina while I work the floor.

Abuelo across the street wants to sell me his house (about $34,000us) which I believe I will do, given the state of economy in both places. Should be a new gringo-style fonda opening up on my street very soon. Things feel like they're booming here.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join