It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improving Mexican economy draws undocumented immigrants home from California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Now this proves the are parasites.
just out to get easy money.

Quick! ever one go to Mexico.
and take there Jobs.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
So how long before we start sneaking over to their side of the border?!

I wondered about that years ago. I suppose this is one way, appropriately, to solve the whole problem. For those with the eyes to see, no explanation is needed. For those without them, well, you know who you are and no explanation is appropriate.

"Hey, have your job back, ese! Estoy buscando trabajo en Mexico! Vaya con dios, gringo! Trololol!"

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
More from the source:

An estimated 300,000 undocumented immigrants have left California since 2008, though the remaining 2.6 million still make up 7 percent of the population and 9 percent of the labor force, according to the Public Policy Institute of California.

What's next, they start sending money back from Mexico to their impoverished relatives in the U.S.?

At least that would help our economy - if only a little.

edit on 7/29/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

They left California and came to the midwest.

Wha is up with the propaganda these days?

This is comical.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Western Union will have to make a whole bunch of new forms. Invest in the paper industry.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
For those who never quite "got it" before, illegal immigration exists as it does because many influential and powerful people want it to. Everyone gains by it. The corporations get a cheaper and more controllable labor force by keeping them illegal, and the illegal labor forces allows them to keep wages lower for everyone. Those who hire the illegals get a very good bargain. The illegals themselves can send even small amounts of money back to their families on ranchos that will go a very long way. And the rest of the US people can rejoice in this all being illegal and therefore believe their government is really trying to do something about the "problem". For those unsatisfied with the whole arrangement they get to have someone to blame the problem who really are not the ones creating it, and just generally pacifies them by giving them something to complain about.

Those Americans who would like to come to Mexico and work for excellent Mexican wages of maybe $5.00 an hour, too bad, Mexico has long had fairly strict immigrations policies especially in regard to what occupations a foreigner is permitted to work - something the American government could easily have had in-place as well if it really didn't want them in the US working. And those who might want to move to Mexico to live would have to prove a regular income source of some predetermined amount in order to obtain a premanent visa - which would be required to show for obtaining almost any kind of regular services.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I was reading your reply and figured that no way could an American have it so together in their understanding (if it's not FoxNews, it's not true). After that, I noticed your reported location-- it figures!

It is a sweet deal, so much so employers actually in many cases only want Mexicans after the media sales pitch extolling so many of their virtues-- can jump fences in a single bound; can work endless hours; will work cheaply; won't/are unable to complain.

No, it is not my speculation but rather experience from the real world.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I say we just give California back to Mexico... It would solve our immigration problem while at the same time the new Mexifornian economy would move Mexico farther up the ladder to being self sufficient.

Besides apparently the Government of California is more concerned with just giving money away to undomcumented immigrants instead of allowing americans to use the money for education.

The Govenor signs the Dram Act into law, whiich allows illegal immigrants to get access to grant money for school. What do they do right after its singed into law? Asks the Federal government for a 5 billion dollar bridge loan because california cant pay its bills.

Geee... I wonder why.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i work in the legal field and live in texas and have been long frustrated with the fact that more and more of the jobs in my field have a spanish speaking requirement. while i don't think it is right that one would need to learn spanish to work in American courts (if i moved to Germany, I would have to learn German. you know, when in Rome and all...), it is what it is. I was kind of getting excited about Mexico nearly being empty now, with everyone being here, and actually considering moving there (illegally, of course) and then refusing to speak Spanish until all their jobs had an English speaking requirement.

thwarted. bummer.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm on the verge of becoming an expat myself. I'm also looking into some property on Mykonos; some real bargins are popping up all over Europe. We street musicians can pretty much pick and choose where to set out the can.

Americans are so eager to find a scapegoat for their problems when the solution should be found in their alma y corazon.

¡Órale!

Thought about doing the mariachi thing myself but my friends want me working the kitchen.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac69c8e9280.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that I got my wife up on cooking my gringo specialties I can have her work the cocina while I work the floor.

Abuelo across the street wants to sell me his house (about $34,000us) which I believe I will do, given the state of economy in both places. Should be a new gringo-style fonda opening up on my street very soon. Things feel like they're booming here.

I just re-opened my business....which is youth/community oriented...and i'm STOKED about this. That's GREAT news for me. A friend of mine..who is WELL EDUCATED from Howard Univ...AND was a banker...loan officer for BofA, kept his on on this place for over a year, before he finally invested and started an art exibit...cajun food spot...and he's doing well.

Some of you, with blinders on...need to take them off. You can't SEE properly! Stop being stuck behind imaginary lines on a map. And please...stop with the ignorant comments about 'immigrants'....because America was BUILT on immigration. And, Mexicans are HARDLY a threat, to your way of living! They REALLY love your country and work hard for her!!! Why shouldn't they....Mexico is attached!!!!!!

My serious advice, to my fellow Americans, is this....follow the money!!! If it's leaving...leave with it. There are 20 x 40 meter lots in Mexico....that are going for PENNIES on the dollar. Be wise...and buy you some land! $10 g's will get you a nice piece of property! Think about you and your family because your "country" is HARDLY thinking about you!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Some of you, with blinders on...need to take them off. You can't SEE properly! Stop being stuck behind imaginary lines on a map. And please...stop with the ignorant comments about 'immigrants'....because America was BUILT on immigration.

America was built on legal immigration. Those immigrants who came to America left their home country and adopted the United States as their new country. They worked hard to bring their culture with them, while at the same time adapted to the American culture.

The issue that you ignore is we have now moved beyond immigrants who come to this country seeking a better way of life (dont get me rong, there are people who still do that) into the realm of illegal immigrants coming into the US, refusing to adopt the US as their home country, refusing to adapt while insisting people adapt to them.

Befor you thriw ignorant around you may want to take a look at Mexicos immigration laws as well as domestic laws regarding foriegners. Why is it non Americans complain about Americans visiting a foreign country and demanding the locals speak english, yet its not ok for that same standard to be applied to people who come here?

Immigrants who came to this country not only sent money back, it was done to help bring the rest of their families over. This is not always the case when it comes to Mexican nationals. They dont pay into the tax system at the same rate valid workers do.

They have no vested intrest in seeing this country succede. They are here for work and good pay and nothing more.

And, Mexicans are HARDLY a threat, to your way of living! They REALLY love your country and work hard for her!!! Why shouldn't they....Mexico is attached!!!!!!

Thats the problem, they dont love America, they love american jobs because they are higher paying than Mexican jobs. They are paid in US dollars which goes a LOT farther in Mexico. Take some time and do some research into the underground economy and see just how much money is leaving this country instead of being reinvested.

Actually they are to an extent. They can receive medical treatment with no insurance. They are eligable in some states to receive federal / state funding for education.

The "threat" is sacrificing US citizens in an effort to please foreign nationals. The threat is when foreign nationals get money for college while we have to deny that same request to an individual who is in the country legally or a US citizen.

Good luk on the Mexican government doing that for illegals who enter their country.

My serious advice, to my fellow Americans, is this....follow the money!!! If it's leaving...leave with it. There are 20 x 40 meter lots in Mexico....that are going for PENNIES on the dollar. Be wise...and buy you some land! $10 g's will get you a nice piece of property! Think about you and your family because your "country" is HARDLY thinking about you!

So let me see if I understand.. Your pro illegak immigration. Your ok with the refusal to integrate into society, while demanding we suit theirs. You have no issues dolling out money to non americans when it should go to americans, and in the end the answer is to leave.

The last part is where you completely underminded your argument in case you were wondering.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm on the verge of becoming an expat myself. I'm also looking into some property on Mykonos; some real bargins are popping up all over Europe. We street musicians can pretty much pick and choose where to set out the can.

Americans are so eager to find a scapegoat for their problems when the solution should be found in their alma y corazon.

¡Órale!

Thought about doing the mariachi thing myself but my friends want me working the kitchen.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac69c8e9280.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that I got my wife up on cooking my gringo specialties I can have her work the cocina while I work the floor.

Abuelo across the street wants to sell me his house (about $34,000us) which I believe I will do, given the state of economy in both places. Should be a new gringo-style fonda opening up on my street very soon. Things feel like they're booming here.

I just re-opened my business....which is youth/community oriented...and i'm STOKED about this. That's GREAT news for me. A friend of mine..who is WELL EDUCATED from Howard Univ...AND was a banker...loan officer for BofA, kept his on on this place for over a year, before he finally invested and started an art exibit...cajun food spot...and he's doing well.

Some of you, with blinders on...need to take them off. You can't SEE properly! Stop being stuck behind imaginary lines on a map. And please...stop with the ignorant comments about 'immigrants'....because America was BUILT on immigration. And, Mexicans are HARDLY a threat, to your way of living! They REALLY love your country and work hard for her!!! Why shouldn't they....Mexico is attached!!!!!!

Another open borders, rah rah Illegal poster. What a surprise.

Sorry, but illegal is illegal.

But, what about the whole "They are here for a better life and make this community their home and make it better?" argument.
What a joke.
As soon as the paycheck stops, they are out.

Oh well. Good bye.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Good bye, so long, farewell!!!!!

Hope it's true. Don't let the border hit you in the butt when you leave.

Good and Bad. Problem is. When's the last time you saw Americans out in the fields picking your dinner. Don"t get me wrong. They walk across the border here in California and jump on the band wagon, and receive more benefits than I do. But with so many out of work on this side. Why do I not see more white or black backs out there in the sun taking the paycheck back to their families.
We've become whiners, weak and lazy.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suohhen

Originally posted by macman
Good bye, so long, farewell!!!!!

Hope it's true. Don't let the border hit you in the butt when you leave.

Good and Bad. Problem is. When's the last time you saw Americans out in the fields picking your dinner. Don"t get me wrong. They walk across the border here in California and jump on the band wagon, and receive more benefits than I do. But with so many out of work on this side. Why do I not see more white or black backs out there in the sun taking the paycheck back to their families.
We've become whiners, weak and lazy.

Yep, I agree.
Maybe the hard times is a good thing for America. It has the possibility to remind folks that hard work never hurt anyone. And that Daddy Govt can't provide forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

So let me see if I understand.. Your pro illegak immigration. Your ok with the refusal to integrate into society, while demanding we suit theirs. You have no issues dolling out money to non americans when it should go to americans, and in the end the answer is to leave.

The last part is where you completely underminded your argument in case you were wondering.

There is something in this reply that is reminiscent of Breivik's logic for unleashing his rage on tha academy in Norway, i.e., immigrants refusing to relinquish their cultural heritage and integrate into their new society.

It is well-known that many Latinos have immigrated into American society, become valuable contributing members, and fully accepted Americans values and cultural, and thankfully have not fully abandoned the cultural experiences they brought with them. Many of us enjoy Mexican food, dance, and such festive cultural devices as piñatas, etc. Very short-sighted and dangerous to espouse otherwise, rabble-rousing so to speak.

I see nothing at all wrong with Americans taking advantage of opportunities to emigrate into other lands particularly buying retirement property in another country that may be better suited to accomodate their budget, lifestyle, nicer climate, etc.

Do you feel there is a reason an American citizen must remain on American soil throughout his life? Is it in your view somehow traitorous to do otherwise?

Something in your logic escapes me. My apologies if I am reading you wrong.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent,

Really a 4.9?
why if thats true why are there so many poor and homeless in Mexico? you see thats why i dont believe in those crab unemployment rate numbers.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent,

Really a 4.9?
why if thats true why are there so many poor and homeless in Mexico? you see thats why i dont believe in those crab unemployment rate numbers.

Sounds like they are using the US Govt formula for calculations.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Some of you, with blinders on...need to take them off. You can't SEE properly! Stop being stuck behind imaginary lines on a map. And please...stop with the ignorant comments about 'immigrants'....because America was BUILT on immigration.

America was built on legal immigration. Those immigrants who came to America left their home country and adopted the United States as their new country. They worked hard to bring their culture with them, while at the same time adapted to the American culture.

The issue that you ignore is we have now moved beyond immigrants who come to this country seeking a better way of life (dont get me wrong, there are people who still do that) into the realm of illegal immigrants coming into the US, refusing to adopt the US as their home country, refusing to adapt while insisting people adapt to them.

Befor you thriw ignorant around you may want to take a look at Mexicos immigration laws as well as domestic laws regarding foriegners. Why is it non Americans complain about Americans visiting a foreign country and demanding the locals speak english, yet its not ok for that same standard to be applied to people who come here?

Immigrants who came to this country not only sent money back, it was done to help bring the rest of their families over. This is not always the case when it comes to Mexican nationals. They dont pay into the tax system at the same rate valid workers do.

They have no vested intrest in seeing this country succede. They are here for work and good pay and nothing more.

And, Mexicans are HARDLY a threat, to your way of living! They REALLY love your country and work hard for her!!! Why shouldn't they....Mexico is attached!!!!!!

Thats the problem, they dont love America, they love american jobs because they are higher paying than Mexican jobs. They are paid in US dollars which goes a LOT farther in Mexico. Take some time and do some research into the underground economy and see just how much money is leaving this country instead of being reinvested.

Actually they are to an extent. They can receive medical treatment with no insurance. They are eligable in some states to receive federal / state funding for education.

The "threat" is sacrificing US citizens in an effort to please foreign nationals. The threat is when foreign nationals get money for college while we have to deny that same request to an individual who is in the country legally or a US citizen.

Good luk on the Mexican government doing that for illegals who enter their country.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You are reading me wrong. When an American decides to retire and live in another country, they are subject to the rules and laws of that country. They abide by those rules and laws in order to purchase that property. They abide by the rules and laws in order to reside in that country past any normal "vacation visa" so to speak.

I have absolutely no issues with people legally immigrating to this country. I have absolutely no issues embracing cultures thart differ as its one of the few ways we can truely come to understand and find common ground with people.

What you have described is how people, whether they are Americans moving outside the US, or foreigners moving into the US legally.

Key word being legally.

My issues revolve around illegal immigration...... My issues are also with the Federal Government for placing the rights of illegal immigrants ahead of those who are in this country legally. If I violate the law I am arrested, charged, tried, etc. If a person in this country is here illegally, which is a violation of federal and state laws, ICE wont have anythin to do with them unless they violate local laws.

For those who tink US immigrations laws are "draconian", I siggest you guys read MExicos immigration laws. Read how many decades a person will spend in mexican federal prison for illegally entering their country on their southern border. God forbid if you are assisting smuggleing people into mexico, in which case your looking at a few decades in prison.

Mexico is to Central America as The US is to Mexico.

The difference is Mexico feels they have a right to dictate to the US what our Domestic laws should be, while they tell countries to stay out of their domestic laws.

Again, the difference is legally and illegally.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
so someone tell us legal americans where do we go for a better life?

oops tough luck ol pal sucks being you i guess.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so someone tell us legal americans where do we go for a better life?

oops tough luck ol pal sucks being you i guess.

Yeah, sucks to be me!

Chupa chupa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join