It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: al-Qaeda Threatens Netherlands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The Dutch Goverment has recieved a threat by the al-Tawhid wa al-Jihad group. It states that if Dutch military personnel do not leave Iraq there will be consequences.

"This is a final simple warning. Get the Dutch soldiers out of Iraq !. You will be surprised by the islamic earthquake that will shock your country. You haven't learned the lessens of spain and other countries. You only understand the language of blood and carbombs."

www.nu.nl
Het ministerie van Defensie is op de hoogte van de verklaring. Een woordvoerder van het ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken zei zondagavond dat Nederland elke dreiging serieus neemt.

"U zult verrast zijn door de islamitische aardbeving die uw land zal opschrikken. U heeft geen lessen geleerd van Spanje en andere landen. U verstaat alleen de taal van bloed en autobommen."

ROUGH TRANSLATION:

"The ministry of Defense is on the height of the explanation. A spokesman of the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Sunday evening that the Netherlands each threat seriously takes.

'You will surprised are through the islamic earthquake that your countries will startle. You have learned no lessons of Spain and other countries. You understand alone the language of blood and car bomb. '"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The site is in Dutch but i thought is was important to post is here. Again they threaten a goverment to leave Iraq. This group is believed to by behind a few of the beheadings in Iraq.

[edit on 8-16-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Al-Qaueda seem to be taking credit for what someone else did. They should be put to shame. Why would Al-Qaeda bomb the spanish railway line, when there are americans in plain sight all over the place in Iraq? It completely diludes me of their course of action.

Then again we can always thank Bush for giving Al-Qaueda good publicity.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The simple answer to your question about, Why would al queda do this is:

out of sight, out of mind...as terrorist group, if your not causing/claiming terror, what power do you have?

You also ask why not kill the americans that are all over iraq instead of blowing up spanish trains?

First off, ALL westerners are guilty, not just Americans, (tho we're now their biggest worry) Spain was offering support to the coalition, they became a target.

Seccondly, what better way to cause terror than to SHARE THE FEELING...spread the terror around, it gives your group more of a seeming long reach and implies power that you may or may not have.

additionally, even if this is a different "branch" of terrorism, we are talking about fundamentalist islamic terror groups here, a names a name....mostly based on where they are based...al queda, al axar martyrs brigade, hammass, etc etc, they are all terror groups from the same general slant.

Oh yeah, i forgot to blame Bush for the Dutch governments decision to support the USA. (thank you Dutch people if no one said it to you yet)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is not good. Half of my relatives and most of my friends live in the Netherlands...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
They are urging Italy to leave as well... again.
Guardian Unlimited

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - An online statement purportedly from an Islamic militant group threatened the Netherlands and Italy with ``bloodbaths'' if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq.

There was no way to verify the authenticity of the statement, which appeared late Sunday on a Web site known as a clearing house for militant-related material.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Help,I live in the netherlands.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

spyboy
Help,I live in the netherlands.

Me too, whoohoo I'm scared... riding on the big wave of fear...

I doubt anything is going to happen in the Netherlands, however you indeed never know. Security concerning government facilities is high for weeks now.

If the Netherlands would have to deal with a severe terrorist act, I would blame the current government of the "great" United States of America for that incident, as it is them that are responsible for this escalation of fear and aggression. However, I would not give a blind eye to the Dutch politicians who on their part sold their, and more important our, soul to the devil.

Hoaks,
European Voice

CoZ

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
ah the Netherlands
great country, basically, but from a peace and historical point not quitte without blood on our hands, been through ww2 wich still is remembered every year, so we've been on that side as well.

nicely pointed out in Fahrenheid as a bunch of stoners.
well despite afaik still by law its illegal though allowed in some forms
very awake, i can't tell. since 911/anthrax the 'national security' got hyped here too
latest is a status, like defcon 1-5.. our police had to read that in the paper just as the rest, ok so our chief (we are a kingdom besides) also agreed to our boys.. afaik, we were asked and we the people said no plz don't .. but the information received what couldn't be told to the people was enough to go through anyway..

there have been numerous reports on mysterious packages
i heard of one being delivered to a neighbourings town of my, courtyard
writen on the package.. nuclear bomb
i heard they blew it up after carefully removing it and placing it at a 'safe distance'

bunch of stoners might be right .. but not of weed, most sensible debates i have lately take place there

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If they found ways to place charges on the miles and miles of dykes in the netherlands, they could flood a whole lot of land :@

My dear neighbour has a huge amount of below sealevel land.

Lets hope they don't do something like that, because it would be damage that can't be repaired fast enough to stop the flooding of nearly half of the netherlands!!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It also appears that El Salvador is being thrown into the mix as well, El Salvador has 20 days to remove its troops from Iraq or face "bloodshed"

abcnews.com

Aug. 16, 2004 � DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (Reuters) - An Islamist group has given El Salvador 20 days to pull out troops from Iraq or it would strike inside the Central American country and against its forces in Iraq, according to an Internet statement posted Monday.

"We give you 20 days to withdraw from Iraq. This is the last chance after which there will not be any more statements, only bloodshed," said Mohammed Atta Brigades -- al Qaeda of Jihad.

CoZ

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
flooding of nearly half of the netherlands!!

what rock did you crawl from
ok it will get wet in some parts when they would do that

and some dense areas such as amsterdam are below sea level

going up (red)and going doing (blue)

height set against sea level

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Why would al-Qaeda want to threaten the Netherlands to get thier troops out of Iraq if al-Qaeda were not there. Just seems to validate Bush in claiming al-Qaeda was there.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
haha that's all you guys can come up with when you're thinking about Holland. A couple of million stoners living under sea-level.
I actually live 7.5 meters under sea-level (10 kilometers off the western coast of Holland). We're quite safe you know, very well protected by several kilometers of dunes. As thematrix pointed out, they cant just flood half our country, by attacking one weak spot...

ZM out...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
haha, unfortunatly that's only what people know of Holland, exept the softdrug of course!

CoZ

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
that wasn't thematrix pointing out

besides that .. there are 4 well known things bout Holland

* weed (but even here ppl dont wanna know that coffee (90+% uses that) and alcohol are drugs .. and weed well nvm (legalize it !!! global (just look at the posibilities that hemp offers)
)and trust me that its well known global that holland and drugs go well together
)
* under sea level (like i described above)
* klogs tulips windmills farmclothes and cheese ( nice for tourists but wake the f up )
* our history of exploration (not the opresion and exploit) .. new york once was new amsterdam

all in all as i said before

we might be a small country .. we arent without blood on our hands
now we are being threatend.. well afaik we democraticaly choose not to go (along and send our troops)
and our leader choose upon information he couldnt share that we should go

just look at the farce .. we are bringing democracy .. while the democraty says we shouldnt go .. wake up world .. we should be threatened..
we have no right to be there if our peoples oppinion is not to go and the leader decides to do so anyway .. that aint democraty !!!

let alone that overthrowing a local system with an army and replacing it with democracy EQUALS terrorisme from that countrys point of view by our definition and the american (acts of terrorisme (army,bombs) with a political flavor (democraty) )

so put 1 and 1 together .. we terrorise them without concent from the democraty.. they threaten us .. im not waiting for it to happen and will not be pleased if it will ..and i can expect the what will happen after already ( it will get spun as see them darn terrorists we need more militia)

omfg what a mess this world became.
at least i have the weed so i can picture happy things and wonder if we can make it all better in a peacefull way

[edit on 16-8-2004 by CoZ]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
pull back , and let the ones who started it , finish it ,
who comes around gets around.

the netherlands are a fool to follow the tyrants path
they do it only for a share in oil stocks.
and a good relation with the murderer of freedom , george introduction to patriot act 2 bush jr.

and lets not forget , who did the attacks on 9\11
was it iraq?
was it afghanistan?

people watch too much tv.
take my example and stop watching
and youll see what dumb fools people have become in their conversations tagging along with the pack of sheeps they are
i am ashamed of my bloodline in the race of humans for stupidity and corruption

history is forgotten , and the future is ignored.
in these times people are or dancing drinking and #ing , or working and scaring themselfes with the lies...
NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE RECORDS

i can find myself completely in line with the motto of ATS
*denie ignorance*

but not only that.
i say...
Destroy ignorance.
defeat it , kill it , pound it into pieces
this nonsense must stop , people must wake up and look into the details.
the masses are beginning to transform into a nazi like mob of believer , followers...

religion , corruption , blood sucking economy's and ignorance are a disease , but the ones who profit from it , are the cancer.

i rest my case.
regards. Calamari.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calamari
pull back , and let the ones who started it , finish it ,
who comes around gets around.

the netherlands are a fool to follow the tyrants path
they do it only for a share in oil stocks.

Yeah well what can I say.
The oil crap was allready debunked before some ATS morons started using it against the anti-terrorists countries...
If your goal was anything else than making a fool out of yourself, I think you failed.

CoZ

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calamari
and lets not forget , who did the attacks on 9\11
was it iraq?
was it afghanistan?

people watch too much tv.

you know i know .. but i wrote it in such a way the world might understand that didnt watch things like "the road to tyranny" or "fahrenheit" or "in plane site" or etc etc
funny that those ignorants never seem to be willing to be "amused" by such "theories" even if they just have to watch the same stoopid tv for it just order it in vhs

(edited .. didnt work with smiley
? )

CoZ

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Yeah well what can I say.
The oil crap was allready debunked before some ATS morons started using it against the anti-terrorists countries...
If your goal was anything else than making a fool out of yourself, I think you failed.

why are always wise men treated as fools and after it turns out there right ignored .. there are vast amounts of money involved in oil in the netherlands .. he didnt say we are only there because of the oil and nothing else

and its easy to attack one item and thereby ignoring the rest .. i joined ats yesterday hoping it be more sensible then most forea .. dont make me give that up THAT soon

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is something out there that Al-queda have not threaten yet?

It seems that they pretty much had covered all the nations in the world. Right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join