It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: al-Qaeda Threatens Netherlands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I wonder why it took them so long before they posted a threat to The Netherlands. We are present with our troops, not for oil, but for a share of the pie in the new Iraq. It is just business.

Destroying dykes, as pointed out above, will never happen. It is inconvenient for Holland, but not bloody enough for A-Q�s purposes.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoZ
that wasn't thematrix pointing out
[edit on 16-8-2004 by CoZ]

I guess I should have used the classic "[sarcasme][/sarcasme]" tags ...

What I ment with my post is that if they want to do bloodshed in holland, they would need to find a way to blow up "miles and miles" of dykes and dunes.

Theres not much else they could do apart from that.

Belgians and dutch people aren't so easely scared and them attacking either of our country's would only help political parties like the Vlaams Blok and Pim Fortuins old pos�.

Belgium and holland both have a big muslim population group that in general are very well integrated. Attacking either of our nations will be partialy attacking their own people and the people that let them build mosks all over the country and let them keep their own costoms eventhough some of them are against our nations laws.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article from the Netherlands which goes into the history of terrorist groups using the country as a base for their activities, and now Al-Qaeda is alleged to be operating out of the country and recruiting from within the country. It also goes on to state that recent arrests of suspects tied to the Madrid bombing could be "just the very tip of the proverbial iceberg".

Terrorists in our midst
According to the AIVD's most recent annual report, the tradition has not faded since the emergence of terrorist activities by radical Muslim groups such as Al-Qaeda and the Moroccan "Group Islamique Combattant Marocain'. Yet, there have been some changes in the pattern. According to the AIVD, there's now an increase in the number of members of terrorist organisations who not only use the Netherlands as a safe haven in which to hide, but also operate inside its borders. Al Qaeda, for example, is said to be actively trying to recruit young people for its "cause", while several terrorist groups are believed to engage in criminal activities � such as the drugs trade � to top up their funds.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I know there are a few ATSers from the Netherlands and I would like to hear from you on your assessment of this article from Radio Netherlands.

<< 1   >>

join