It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are really bad thread hosts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by goldentorch

Don't be so sure I'll have plenty of time to to respond or I wouldn't have authored this thread.

I do hope you've taken my post in the spirit it was intended in.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

No all is good no ill intent. Star for you're concern I do appreciate it.
Actually I'm the most taken out of context person I know. My girlfriend said one time that she also thought I was the most misunderstood person she knows. Take care enjoy you're weekend.
edit on 29-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Many post a Thread and never come back to check it or add comments
Like posting their comments and after that forget it

I always go back to older Threads and posts (from my profile ) and up date them

S&F good Thread

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fabless

It's annoying when an OP spits the dummy when some people don't
agree with their opinions; how often do we see the OP storm off in
a huff leaving the last two-thirds of a thread floundering and off-topic?

Should be penalty for abandoning/derailing the very topic you have
brought up. It's bad parenting.

On another issue, I can't for the life of me remember how you 'Flag'
a post; have done it in the past, but now can't see what to click on!

Upper left corner says Flag
you have to be logged in of course

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

I always thought it was good etiquette to at least spend a little time to respond when you first open a thread to help it get started. But others post and abandon ship. I thought the captain was suppose to go down with the ship?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by new_here

Yes boncho got a star out of me. And you're opinion was well put. You ever go to a thread and no one flags or stars anyone so it spreads and no one does it?

Actually just recently I've noticed that in a couple of threads. I guess in some ways we really are sheeple, following the crowd, when in Rome, etc...

Also, ever put a lot of thought into a post, right on topic, succinct and to the point, and get absolutely no response? Two or three people continue their same debate, sans your points you took time and effort to bring to the table. Hate it!

Other 'pet peeve'... some people star a poster, not the post. I say this because I've seen somebody show up in a thread and get 15 stars for saying something lame like "That's not true" or "This is a hoax" with absolutely nothing but his/her name to draw such a crowd of "starry-eyed" followers, LoL. What's with that?! Poster-worship? Could probably post their grocery list and get the same response as someone else's Earth-changing doctoral dissertation

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

You know something the unflag button has come in handy for these situations. If the poster does not answer my questions or agrees with me and doesn't give a star for it I will unflag him because I really don't feel appreciated in his thread. People say there are only stars and flags but you know what they really are. They are thank yous and saying I appreciate you. Spread the love.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am not here to star and flag.

Wait..don't star me for this..oh
No..no this post makes no sense.

edit on 29-7-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
I am not here to star and flag.

Wait..don't star me for this..oh
No..no this post makes no sense.

edit on 29-7-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

Then why did you even bother to post here? You just wasted you're time then didn't you. Take care.
Go troll somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
yea, i have adhd....what were we talking about? Im gonna go do something else.....OH HEY a zagnut!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
yea, i have adhd....what were we talking about? Im gonna go do something else.....OH HEY a zagnut!

Off topic and pointless remark.Nothing serious to add?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I personally think that a big problem with ATSers is that there really are far too many people in it for stars. People, isn't knowledge a greater reward, opposed to some theoretical impersonation of ability and worth??

Yeah, I enjoy seeing myself get some stars when I feel like I did a good job, but I do not dwell on the times when I receive none. Personal development and truth-based discussions are what drives me to contribute more.

Furthermore, I hate when people have a bunch of buddies that just star a friend during a disagreement. If your buddy brings up a good point then hand them a star, but please don't further motivate them to repeat what they've already said time and time again!

Well, that's my mini-rant for the day. I do appreciate this thread though, I most certainly agree

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

P.S. I also hate when little kids come on ATS and troll.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Opinions are like a**holes....everybody has one. You should be less worried about a lack of response from the poster and more worried about the content he lays out. Granted Im guilty of presicly what you state. Yet for different reasons.

I am in a constant state of gauging another emotional response to my over abundance or lack thereof to stimuli. In short most people are science projects to me and produce zero emotional attachment or understanding in that way.

The me you see here is precisely what I want you to see and think, not what I truly am. Unfortunately most others are in that way as well for different reasons. Not sure what to tell you about bad thread hosts...I'm sure if it were that big a deal ATS would ax such threads but alas they do not.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by enament

P.S. I also hate when little kids come on ATS and troll.

What if they are not kids?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anytime I host a thread I stand it out no matter how convolute nor how wrong I turn out to be. And I answer eeryones questions, except the people who act ignorant and others who do not act serious

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Opinions are like a**holes....everybody has one. You should be less worried about a lack of response from the poster and more worried about the content he lays out. Granted Im guilty of presicly what you state. Yet for different reasons.

I am in a constant state of gauging another emotional response to my over abundance or lack thereof to stimuli. In short most people are science projects to me and produce zero emotional attachment or understanding in that way.

The me you see here is precisely what I want you to see and think, not what I truly am. Unfortunately most others are in that way as well for different reasons. Not sure what to tell you about bad thread hosts...I'm sure if it were that big a deal ATS would ax such threads but alas they do not.

well there really is no point in posting in any thread if you are going to have you're questions ignored by the OP
Content without reciprocation from the OP is just frustrating.
Nice of you to think of us all as science projects, do you have a hard time fitting you're head through you're front door?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

You ever work real hard for a boss and they give you no thanks? But when they do does it make you feel good about your self ? Stars are like a pat on the back for doing a good job. Spread the love.

This post isn't about stars or flags. I did that one last week. This is about People who start threads and don't care to respond to their posters questions and comments. Or give any appreciation to their respondents

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

well there really is no point in posting in any thread if you are going to have you're questions ignored by the OP
Content without reciprocation from the OP is just frustrating.
Nice of you to think of us all as science projects, do you have a hard time fitting you're head through you're front door?

NO not really anymore than you do, except people seem to look me a little oddly when I keep walking as they get mugged by a tranny on the corner.

And I have answered you OP, your too obtuse to realize it. And probably one to take such a statement personally. Too bad really...not how it was meant. Then again I deal in absolutes.....does you being a science project to me offend you? It shouldn't....you are ever evolving in the scope of your understanding.

I think I have enough to where I could point out triggers if you like...........

In the end understand I have no purpose in this existence as I thrive chaos..........and until it hits us full force, you will never understand my full potential as a antagonist. People are stupid animals, what other explanation for anything do you really need than that in itself?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by PhysicsAdept

You ever work real hard for a boss and they give you no thanks? But when they do does it make you feel good about your self ? Stars are like a pat on the back for doing a good job. Spread the love.

This post isn't about stars or flags. I did that one last week. This is about People who start threads and don't care to respond to their posters questions and comments. Or give any appreciation to their respondents

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah however, if a thread is put together properly, questions are not needed, nor are answers at that point. SO your real gripe is for the poster to put the proper info in there so they do not have to respond.....or is their silence not counted as a response to your question?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join