It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are really bad thread hosts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

Well I'm sorry if I misunderstood you're condescending remarks. Its a sad world when people loose there ability to care for others. Some people may be stupid but to paint us all with the same brush is sad. I still have hope for humanity as I hope you do as well. take care yes the star is from me you're conflicting remarks are appreciated but must be more on topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No not at all there are always questions to be asked always. If the poster answered all the questions would there be a need to respond at all? I ask a lot of questions I have a dynamic way at looking at things and see things that others often don't.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament

No not at all there are always questions to be asked always. If the poster answered all the questions would there be a need to respond at all? I ask a lot of questions I have a dynamic way at looking at things and see things that others often don't.

Now that is a honest response.......we can be pals....for you I'll be less cryptic in my postings...promise....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

This is good advice. I try to star everybody. I have been lax of late and didn't answer everybody that answered. Sometimes a thread is dead in the water. You know you could go back and forth but by this time we've all moved on. Sometimes that happens. But overall this is great advice on here and something not in the rules but that people should do to be responsible and courteous all on their own. S&F for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Until we all come to the same understanding at level, we will all never truly be on the same page about anything. Alas this is what makes us unique as a species.

Also this is what holds us back. Every thread maker, thread poster and of the like contribute something on some level...whether it looks benign or not.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You did come off the wrong way at first but the things you think are similar to my own thoughts. I have been trying to stop being so bitter to people as I dislike a lot of what people are doing these days. So I take it you are into anthology? I too have this interest

My thoughts are that a person needs to be more willing to reciprocate with the posters in there threads to make them feel at home in the conversation and to involve them in intellectual debate. Through debate better understanding is achieved.Hope you're weekend brings you good times. Maybe a good Metal concert would do you some good.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

woo-hoo! way over-due thread subject matter, good for you mate. i've noticed this time & time again on ATS and wonder what the heck is wrong with people.

your OP is rare: the subject matter has not been beat right to death, you have the ability to write complete, cohesive sentences that are articulate, and i did not see one mis-spelled word. it's like a breath of fresh air.

with the many restrictions & guidelines this site has, they don't address the common courtesy of replying to responders, TTBOMK.

i hope many here see your OP and take the hint. especially members who think they are something special because they've been posting here for a few years. hanging out at the same bar every night doesn't mean you're Norm at Cheers!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I can agree with that everyone except the trolls of coarse. I even value the negative comments as well gives me perspective. Its usually the negative comments that make me try harder to make my point.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I hope some thread posters do see this because I'm sick of asking questions I get no response to. And I'm a terrible speller thank you spell check. I appreciate you're appreciation and hope to alleviate this ongoing annoying problem. Take care and grab a golden ice cold one for me tonight. Have a good weekend.
edit on 29-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OP, no offense, but you should make a thread about people who have bad grammar instead. Or maybe you should not, because you are not a good example
. One thing always catches my eyes when I read your post:
1. You're=you are- you are something,someone or doing something.
2. Your= that means something belongs to you.
Now, please, how about I make a thread about it, and get some proper flags and stars?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
OP, no offense, but you should make a thread about people who have bad grammar instead. Or maybe you should not, because you are not a good example
Now, please, how about I make a thread about it, and get some proper flags and stars?

Well thanks for stopping by and trolling my thread. I'm trying the best I can. So what you are saying is any one who does not type correctly should not have a voice. I will however try the best I can and learn from what you just made me aware of. But after all I'm just a Carpenter not a teacher of grammar and proper sentence structure.

I hope you feel just as bad as you made me feel you could have private messaged you're concern but you chose to do It publicly, and for what reason but to embarrass me. I do have A.D.D. and I make the best effort possible to wright correctly. Have a bad weekend and I hope the beer you drink is real lousy take care and I hope you're manners improve.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A thread to me is like raising a child. In the beginning you help it out, and give it what it needs to get going, but later on you leave it more and more to do it's own thing. You can't baby sit a thread through it's entire life. I may be bad at keeping my threads going, but after they leave infancy, I just let the ATS people have at it. I do try to answer questions though...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Understand if I come off harsh it's on purpose only for the sake of teaching a eventual lesson. Its to make you think about what is currently taking place and what has led up to this very statement.

Human emotion while it escapes me most of the time, is a great tool to show someone what is really important and the knowledge you take away from it, while it may not answer your question directly, provides insight.

When I say people are like science projects to me, this is the reason I say that. The more of a fight someone puts up regarding an issue, the more pride oversteps principal. Where people start taking personal, and stop taking information.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nice little thread you have here OP. Seems many members concur and I am one of them. To me this is almost worthy of being on the Above instead of the Below, but then it would probably get run over by... well, Im sure you follow and that's why it is here!

ATS is a strange animal at times. You can knock yourself out posting something you feel is important and try to do all the proper ATS things in putting it together, and pretty much get nada on the thread, or you can turn around and post something simple or off the wall and off it goes.

I certainly appreciate when a OP will answer a question I have taken the time to ask, and I know for myself I try to do the same in turn. I can't very well expect one thing and yet not do it myself. Then again, sometimes threads do take on a life of their own and maybe the OP doesn't respond to the question, but someone else does.I feel if I have asked a question, I shouldn't be real fussy about where the answer comes from.

I also think there may be a bit of youth on this site that never really had a chance to go to the "Old School", and learn proper etiquette which seems to me is a bit of what we are talking about here. Or respect. lol Either or!

Face it, some folks get lost on the way to the bathroom. Others are scholars in their own minds. Then you have folks like us....
Thankfully!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
OK, I suppose I should have figured this out by now. What does it mean when you "flag" someone? I found a button that says "flag", so I am assuming that means the thread gets bumped up the ladder of fame somehow, is that correct?? What is a star? I just figured out that if you click on the star it lights up - cool, what is the point of that? I didn't realize this was such a social place! I'm assuming a star says that you think that particular comment is cool, yes?? So I'm guessing that people like to collect these - there's a part of me that resists this as childish. Alternately I suppose it shows who's been around longer or who's opinion is respected (or at least appears to be.) But the moderator here says s/he gives out stars for every response - huh?? I guess if your point was to collect them, you would follow this moderator around!! There is a little blue "this post" that you can click on also, but it doesn't seem to do anything, what is the point of that?? And where is the spell-check you were talking about/how does it work? Can you take away stars or flags? I bet there is an information page somewhere, but there are so many new tricks for old dogs.....I also see that there appears to be an advantage/disadvantage to being in a different time zone...? What a hoot, I could start a boring thread, but it might get a lot of attention because no-one is around - busy sleeping, not because it is of particular interest...? I guess all is not fair in love and war! Now what about if you wanted to start a thread that you didn't really want to garner a lot of attention, but just wanted to communicate with like-minded people? Couldn't you just ask people not to flag, so that it would stay off the radar screen of flagdom?? Just babbling...Cheers!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

Since you and I seem to be the ones at babbling at this hour I will respond to you!

I think if would find yourself in a catch 22 if you started a thread where like minded people responded. They would more then likely star or flag you because they are enjoying the topic. It kind of goes with the territory really. I do think some threads are bit like "Water seeks its own Level" as well. Some thread topics I just don't read because I have no interest in them. I tend to seek out the ones I do.

I have noticed as well that it seems the title of the thread can make you or break you as well. I guess all you can do is start one and see what happens. lol be a good poster though and make sure you respond to your readers!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament

Originally posted by Farnhold

Well thanks for stopping by and trolling my thread. I'm trying the best I can. So what you are saying is any one who does not type correctly should not have a voice. I will however try the best I can and learn from what you just made me aware of. But after all I'm just a Carpenter not a teacher of grammar and proper sentence structure.

I hope you feel just as bad as you made me feel you could have private messaged you're concern but you chose to do It publicly, and for what reason but to embarrass me. I do have A.D.D. and I make the best effort possible to wright correctly. Have a bad weekend and I hope the beer you drink is real lousy take care and I hope you're manners improve.

Sorry for the ridicoulous out burst I was angry. I'm human.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Stars and Flags are like Atta - boys good job !

Now it takes 1000 Atta-boys to make a leader of men

And ONE..AH.S%$& to start you back to ZERO

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Nurturing a thread isn't a bad thing. Sounds to me like you are a good thread host. Some times I find it hard to deal with people like the person I dealt with on this page. There seem to be a group of people around here that seem to want to make people feel bad about themselves. Fun suckers I call them. Having a great day along comes the fun suckers to take it away. Whats wrong with people these days anyway?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
Understand if I come off harsh it's on purpose only for the sake of teaching a eventual lesson. Its to make you think about what is currently taking place and what has led up to this very statement.

Human emotion while it escapes me most of the time, is a great tool to show someone what is really important and the knowledge you take away from it, while it may not answer your question directly, provides insight.

When I say people are like science projects to me, this is the reason I say that. The more of a fight someone puts up regarding an issue, the more pride oversteps principal. Where people start taking personal, and stop taking information.

Do you find catching flies with vinegar works for you? You express yourself very deeply. Its nice to see someone who is a deep thinker express themselves. You're words are like a puzzle the more you read your statements the more you realize the many facets of ideas you express.

I hope some day you catch flies with honey because I think some of your view points should be heard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join