It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

australian census: do i have to do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Moved here from uk 3yrs ago and me and my partner just got our census forms delivered. Do we have to, by law complete them? after "waking up" 6months ago and hearing all the stuff about the natiuonal census back in the uk and who the information was for (lockheed martin) i'm not too happy about this census here, i don't want to do it but the woman who dropped it off has scared the living daylights out of my better half by saying there is a $110 PER DAY, fine for anyone that doesn't complete it?!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodnut86
Moved here from uk 3yrs ago and me and my partner just got our census forms delivered. Do we have to, by law complete them? after "waking up" 6months ago and hearing all the stuff about the natiuonal census back in the uk and who the information was for (lockheed martin) i'm not too happy about this census here, i don't want to do it but the woman who dropped it off has scared the living daylights out of my better half by saying there is a $110 PER DAY, fine for anyone that doesn't complete it?!!!

Sounds more like the Vote to me.

Census? As a pastafarian who refuses to sign his name to any document withouit my benefit, I refuse it.

never been fined... its anon so how can they fine you?

If this is new legislation, which would NOT surprise me, then write on it, GFYS and tell them what we all think.

edit on 29-7-2011 by klenker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Not sure about the fine but a lot of people put' Jedi; for the religious preference question
Fines dont worry us here in Oz ,as we are all descendants from criminals.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
it's not anon because they give an allocated "census number" to each pack delivered to each specific household. if there is a way around it i would love to know, hate the idea of bending over for the corupt *snips* and giving them everything they demand.... i need to know if we legally have to do it or not? if we don't legally have to then we won't any crap they give us will be met a massive "up your's"!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

haha love it!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodnut86

Still waiting for mine

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Last time I filled one out I was a 299 year old Jedi monk that practised gynecology.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Thats not a good look .
I hope you clean your lightsaber after work

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I know in the uk, only 2/3 of people have completed it.

The only person you are under any obligation to speak to is a peace officer, if they send one of their investigators to your house to see why you have not completed it, you do not have to speak to him, ask him if you are legally obliged to speak with him, he will answer, only if you wish to sir, so no comment, and close the door in his face.

If you have common law applicable where you live, then it is all based on injury harm or loss, so this has to be proven in a court.

Look up information on freemen in australia, it will guide you in the correct direction.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It seems that you are required to fill it in, according to Census and Statistics Act Link

10 Forms to be filled up

(1) The Statistician may prepare forms relating to the collection of
statistical information in relation to any matter referred to in
section 8 or 9.

(2) For the purposes of section 8, the Statistician may, by notice
published in the Gazette, require persons included in a specified
class of persons to fill up and supply, in accordance with
instructions contained in or accompanying a specified form, the
particulars specified in that form and to cause the form so filled up
to be furnished to the Statistician, or to an authorized officer, in
accordance with those instructions.

(3) For the purposes of section 8 or 9, the Statistician or an authorized
officer may, either orally or in writing, request a person:
(a) to fill up and supply, in accordance with instructions
contained in or accompanying a form, the particulars
specified in that form; and
(b) to cause the form so filled up to be furnished to the
Statistician, or to an authorized officer, in accordance with
those instructions.

(4) For the purposes of section 8 or 9, the Statistician may, by notice in
writing served either personally or by post on a person, direct the
person:
(a) to fill up and supply, in accordance with instructions
contained in or accompanying a form accompanying the
notice, within such period after the service of the notice,
being not less than 14 days, as is specified in the notice, the
particulars specified in that form; and
(b) to cause the form so filled up to be furnished to the
Statistician, or to an authorized officer, in accordance with
those instructions.

As for the fine, yeah possible.

14 Failure to answer questions etc.

(1) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person is served a direction under subsection 10(4) or
11(2); and
(b) the person fails to comply with the direction.

Penalty: One penalty unit.

(2) Subsection (1) is an offence of strict liability.

Note 1:

For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code.

Note 2:

A person commits an offence in respect of each day until the person
complies with the direction (see section 4K of the Crimes Act 1914).

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in relation to a person’s failure to
answer a question, or to supply particulars, relating to the person’s
religious beliefs.

Note:

A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in
subsection (3) (see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code).

emphasis mine

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Compulsory?... Yes Apparently so. Just Google.
Wonders what happens if one is camping out under the stars in the outback for that day/period.
edit on 29-7-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I have only read your post so far.

Yes you should.
Simple.
It's pretty important really.
Do you want our government taking a 'best guess' attitude when it comes to funding for your local hospital?
I sure as sh(t don't, ours is bad enough, truly.

I do however have a suggestion for all of us who have no notable religions other than what's on the inside....
jedi all the way

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Depends....

Are you are Living Incarnate Human Being that derives the right to exist from the universe/creator that has freewill and does not have to partake in any system that you do not give consent to be a part of...

OR

Are you a slave to a system that does not require your consent to control you and manipulates you with the illusion of freewill...

Choose what you are, understand it and fight for your choice - and it will be. I promise you whatever answer you choose is possible.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
To all you puny jedi,

I Darth Contempt will crush you petty do-gooder jedi.

As your Sith Overlord I will smear your wimpy carcass across the galaxy

So speaketh ruler of the galaxy

Darth Contempt,. Supreme Sith Overlord.

PS. Even the Sith must fill out this form, but only with utter Darth Contempt

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In the U.S. it's done every ten years. If you don't fill out the form, which is usually mailed to you, according to news reports, a census worker will actually come to your home. I've heard they can get quite nasty and even call the police if you don't let them in. I just filled ours out and mailed it back because I didn't want anyone showing up at my house.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

thanx for the thread. i was wondering this myself as when i got home tonight my boyfriend had shredded it and turned it into a rather groovy hat lol. hopefully our moving date arrives before the fines do

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodnut86

I'm TERRIFIED of filling out the Census. Lockheed Martin have indeed conducted census's not just in the UK but all over Europe and America and Canada. They do not have the contract for the Census here, but their partner company Space-Time Research who is working with them on the other Census's have a hand in the Census here in Australia.

Lockheed Martin (for those who are unaware) are one of the worlds biggest weapons manufacturers and are listed on the top 14 most evil companies in the world for their ability to profit from BOTH sides of the wars.

Just as a purely rhetorical question... wouldn't it be VERY convenient for the person who holds the contract to provide weapons for WW3, to know how many people they need to "take out" in which areas.

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

I have only read your post so far.

Yes you should.
Simple.
It's pretty important really.
Do you want our government taking a 'best guess' attitude when it comes to funding for your local hospital?
I sure as sh(t don't, ours is bad enough, truly.

I do however have a suggestion for all of us who have no notable religions other than what's on the inside....
jedi all the way

You should look at the BIGGER picture

new topics

top topics

join