It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you first hear of the NWO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WCW wrestling kind of made it a more in the open, as far as the letters NWO, but I may heard of it before this. Wrestling has had it's share of using biblical words. Armagedon (a pay per view), NWO, back in the 80s it was the 4 Horsemen (a tag team).

Does TV sometimes hint at what is coming or what is happening? TV recently has had it's share of biblical type disaster movies. Meteors, volcanoes, ice age, tornadoes, etc.

Troy

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
erm...back in 97 was the first time i heard it, i found information about the new world order on some internet site

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Must have been back in 1996/1997, when I was still really young. :| Heard of it on a channel 4 documentary, then about 1999 I started to look into it more. Books, etc, and then found ATS this year.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I would have came across the phrase first watching WCW wrestling. Their main faction during the peak years was a group called the N.W.O.
I never really thought about it as being more than a wrestling gimmick until about last year i would guess, can't recall what sparked my suspicions, but gradually i looked into things.
Now, i think about it a lot! And want to investigate it as much as i can.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The first time I heard about the NWO was near the end of 2000, I was reading an article about the Omega Agency and started looking stuff up and ended up reading a bunch of stuff about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The first time I heard of the NWO was back in 1988 when I was doing research on Area 51. And I saw that someone alleged the NWO was located there. Trying to learn all I could about Area 51, I decided to look into this "NWO" more.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
of course it was during the WWF / WWE explosion...

Hogan and crew as the NWO...

The first time I heard of it as a world take over was about 3 years ago, I was driving home from Cleveland OH, and tuning through some radio stations and started listening to a talk show... I don't have a clue which one. Callers were talking about the NWO and a special guest ( no idea who ) was making comments...

that radio show is what later helped me find ATS, searching area 51 and NWO... brought me here.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I first heard about the NWO in 1992, off the Ministry album Psalm69. I still dig the song to this day.

The song featured some pretty chilling real-life samples from President Bush Sr., including:

"What we are looking at is good and evil, right and wrong...A new world order."

I wonder to this day if Dubya Jr. was just parrotting his daddy's phrase or if the Bush family really believes in this whole NWO thing.

[edit on 6/30/2005 by thelibra]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
first time I heard the phrase, was the september 11th 1990 speach by Bush Sr...had no idea what it meant(also later used in the song nwo by Ministry)

Wait a sec... are you certain about the date of that speech?
Sep 11th, 1990???

I just want to be absolutely certain.
Cause the coincidence is just a little too wierd for me at the moment.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Sept 11th Bush Snr made that speech. A little too convenient isn't it?
Supposedly Numerological patterns are highly thought of in the quest for a N.W.O.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah, that speech was quite...strange. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there have been several speeches made refering to this "New World Order."

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
From infinite
i think anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eventuality
From infinite
i think anyway.

yep, last year at college when i gave everyone a speech on the NWO

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
yep, last year at college when i gave everyone a speech on the NWO

You did a speech on it? Way to go dude!

How did it go down with the audience? What kind of evidence did you give?

Always nice to hear of instances where people talk out against it, its almost a subconscious taboo to many people. I have been trying to talk to people about it, i find many people tend to shrug it off as they believe it doesn't concern them!

P.S.- i hope it got you a pass!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
nah, we was in class and we were talking about conspiracies, then i done my magical FSME skills and broke into a speech on the NWO

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Right. Well, its better than nothing!

Hope you bashed them good! The no good scoundrels!

Here are the three people who must have brought the term N.W.O. to millions of peoples attention, in a Wrestling sense, but still got it out there.
Hogan, Nash and Hall. The N.W.O.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lol

i remember that on WCW

i think i found ATS when searching for the new world order, i cant remember, but i think i did

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ack..ack..ack

double post
...damn browser

[edit on 30-6-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Madrid bombing in spain was exactly 911 days after september 11th.

The first concept about a new world order was at school being told about George Orwels '1984' but I guess he was 20 years premeture about the date.

Has this Orwellian society crept up slowly amoungst us, has it grown slowly so we accept it without noticing. There was a fuss about cameras being put everywhere and now we just do'nt care if we are being watched. Yes they help but are we conditioning our selves saying yes to more infridgement of freedom that we are giving away...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I too have first heard og the nWo from WcW in 1996. Thats when wrestling was at ist best. I think a real conspiracy would be if Hall, Hogan and Nash were part of the real NWO.

Anyhow I familarized with the term until early 2002 when I joined the John Birch Society, that was one of the best decisions I ever made!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join