It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Terrorist Leader Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The head of the Libyan rebel's armed forces and two of his aides have been killed by gunmen, the head of the rebel leadership has said. The death of Abdel Fatah Younis was announced at a press conference in the rebel capital, Benghazi, by the head of the rebels' National Transitional Council, Mustafa Abdul Jalil. He told reporters that rebel security had arrested the head of the group behind the killing.

Interesting times we live in. How is this turn of events going to change the operation in Libya? I think this will be used as an excuse to put more effort into the horrible UN&NATO terrorism operation down there.

Link to article: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

I hate to say it but I have absolutely no sympathy for, nor sympathy WITH the rebels in Libya. Gaddafi is no sweetheart and I recall feeling awfully good when I heard the radio declare we'd bombed Tripoli and later, missed Gaddafi but killed someone close enough to call it cosmic justice. It sure seemed to work because he piped down and became a church mouse for over 20 years. Thank You Reagan....

Now having said that, Gaddafi seemed to be minding his own business and for a change, really being offensive to no one other than his own people and some businessmen he didn't want to kiss butt with. Apparently that last part doomed him like nothing he ever did to Reagan because I think simply pissing off the WRONG businessmen with the right connections into the circles of power is why Gaddafi will be killed like a dog. Only a question of time now...and the Western leaders most directly responsible? They ought to be prosecuted directly for 1st Degree Murder w/ Specials the day after Ghadaffi's death is confirmed.

I still find this whole "war game" and high theater to be absolutely obscene in every sense. They could end this any time they want, yet Britain, France and Obama back in the rear are having entirely too much fun getting to run their very own war with no Bush legacies.... Sick!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Your a little confused when we are supporting them they are called rebels or freedom fighters not terrorist. These people should be applauded for trying to get a evil dictator out of office. Everyone has a right to freedom.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi

The head of the Libyan rebel's armed forces and two of his aides have been killed by gunmen, the head of the rebel leadership has said. The death of Abdel Fatah Younis was announced at a press conference in the rebel capital, Benghazi, by the head of the rebels' National Transitional Council, Mustafa Abdul Jalil. He told reporters that rebel security had arrested the head of the group behind the killing.

Interesting times we live in. How is this turn of events going to change the operation in Libya? I think this will be used as an excuse to put more effort into the horrible UN&NATO terrorism operation down there.

Link to article: www.guardian.co.uk...

Protip: terrorists target civvi's rebels engage opposing armed forces protecting said civvi's gaddafi employs merciless mercs terrorizing both civvi's and rebels due to disinfo Abdul Fatah Younis did more for his people and his country then you ever have or will do even if you lived to be a thousand.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Your a little confused when we are supporting them they are called rebels or freedom fighters not terrorist. These people should be applauded for trying to get a evil dictator out of office. Everyone has a right to freedom.

Wow sounds like someone is still brainwashed by the mainstream news, the east libyans are paid western Terrorists

Everyone has a right to freedom

So everyone has a right to be slave to the west? No thanks. Democracy is slavery.

This is called kill everyone who gets in the way and pay a bunch of mercenaries to do it for you that way you can hide behind them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

ah the typical east Libyan Terrorist supporter from 4chan it seems?

terrorists target civvi's rebels engage opposing armed forces protecting said civvi's gaddafi employs merciless mercs terrorizing both civvi's and rebels due to disinfo Abdul Fatah Younis did more for his people and his country then you ever have or will do even if you lived to be a thousand.

wrong, terrorists target both civvi and military operations structures.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I thought Ghaddafi was the terrorist leader. Glad they finally got that evil creature.

Time to celebrate.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
best news i herd 2day, i dont like being happy when people die but am kinda happy this wrothless peice of racist crap died.

soon maybe libya will be given back to the people not the rebels. and yes i mean people, gaddaffi doesnt own libya, the people own libya.

and i hope once again libya will see peace and freedom like before theses rebels tried to destory it waving their puppet monarch flag of libya, the same reason gaddaffi and the people of libya kicked them out of libya because the people lived in poverty and only the elite and rich got richer.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Do you have any further information on this terrorist called Abdel Fattah Younes al Abidi?

I would like to hear more if you do, since you seem to have quite a strong opinion. Note that the op is not talking about the de facto and de jure leader of Libya, but the military leader of a terrorist organization that tries to do a violent revolution in Libya.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by buster2010

Wow sounds like someone is still brainwashed by the mainstream news, the east libyans are paid western Terrorists

Citation needed, Also are you saying the nafusa mountain FF's are legit and the one's from misurata as well? xD lrn to argue buddy read a book or something.

Everyone has a right to freedom

So everyone has a right to be slave to the west? No thanks. Democracy is slavery.
Then what are you doing in canada go back to iran then see if you even survive there LOL is this all you have... pathetic troll attempts? xD

This is called kill everyone who gets in the way and pay a bunch of mercenaries to do it for you that way you can hide behind them.

I agree ghaddafi's actions are deplorable although i'm sure you ment to add something but hey i was expecting you to actually be a challenge and rebuttle my arguments..../sigh oh well.
edit on 29-7-2011 by rationaluser because: For more win :3

new topics

top topics

join