It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smurfs Rotten Tomatoes Score: 0

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes, most movies made by j cameron had at least one or two smurfs in them. Then he went full tilt on that last one...

Anyway, to kind of update this meaningless thread, the latest RottenTomatoes is @ 20% now...quite a jump!

RT Score Smurfs 7 30 2011

CJ

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Was I the only one who ever wondered who smurfed Smurfette to get Baby Smurf?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It was quite well discussed when I was a child. The smurfs are delivered by storks apparently.

On that note, there was always the question as to just how promiscuous smurfette might be, and for the film they had katy perry do the voice. I guess that answers that question...

I've seen the film since this thread was started, it was ok. Hank azaria was good, and Johnathon Winters did a good voice for papa smurf. The plot was...stupid, but the characters were fun.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Took my little one to see this. To borrow Roger Ebert's review from a different movie, the Smurfs:

is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented.

This was a solid waste of time and money. The gay agenda was present in all its fabulous glory along with the usual terrible and tested jokes. Neil Harris is simply god awful. I wasn't expecting the Godfather but jesus tap dancing christ can Hollywood at least try to get something going.

No fears because 2013 will surely bring "The Smurfs vs Spiderman"

brill

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

What cracks me up about your post brill is that, based upon some of the movies you've posted recently, you must of known how horrible it was going to be.
I'm sorry for you that you had to see it.

CJ

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What is really sad is that the smurfs movie has already made 144 million worldwide.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

So not just reading the article but actually going to the RT website, it's actually 22%.... not sure if it varies from the UK site to the US site?

www.rottentomatoes.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

no, you are correct...the RT score changes...when I originally posted it was at zero...I re-upped the RT score a couple of weeks back at 18%....looks like a couple more people liked it! Thanks and good point!

CJ

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

LOL

Well that clears that up

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Lol. I know, thank God that is all clear! Of all the ATS threads, perhaps this may be the most unimportant one ever?
Thanks for helping me stay on top of it!

CJ

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yeah, right now The Smurfs are 4 out of 10.

'The Smurfs. When the evil wizard Gargamel chases the Smurfs out of their village, they're forced through a portal, out of their world and into ours, landing in the middle of New York's Central Park. Just three apples high and stuck in the Big Apple, the Smurfs must find a way to get back to their village before Gargamel tracks them down.'

Sounds like a thriller.

Oh, and The Smurfs 2 is coming out in 2013.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by FEDec

Actually, randomness is the description an outcome of an event, assuming all outcomes are equal in likeliness. IF you want to know what randomness truly is, please refer to my thread I posted about time (and how randomness affected it) in my signature called Clarification on Time. I know perfectly well what randomness is, and yes, I would consider Gummo to be very random as everything that can possibly happen has an equal chance of happening in that movie. Just try predicting the next scene in that movie--you just can't because it is too random.

Yeah and it is highly unlikely that you will ever see a scene with a beautiful rainbow and cute new-born deer in a Korine film. So that outcome is not as likely as seeing a mentally deficient prostitute. Therefore it is not random.
There is usually no plot in his movies but there is definitely theme. You cannot predict the scenes because they are usually of a depraved nature. So the thought would only come into your head if you were equally depraved.

There are motifs which stretch across all of his films. This is quite intentional and thought up beforehand, planned even. So they cannot possibly be random. From what you say here it seems like you meant to say "unexpected".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join