It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter: Dear Mr. Obama - Setting the record straight. " I withdraw my consent for you to gov

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
could someone actually show WHAT taxes have been raised by Obama? mine have been lowered since he has been in office. just because you have an opinion doesn't make it a fact.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'd freely pay my taxes, including any new taxes, if I saw open transparency along the money trail. I'd also expect that collected revenue is only spent on the United States and ALL of its people.

Sorry, I started dreaming for a second.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
the fix they will not discuss is jobs for the unemployed jobs create more tax revenue the more workers the more the gov gets the middle class is gone that is why they are scared we must see they destroyed the money machine the middle class working man
how can i get ride to south east asia matter of fact bet vietnam is pretty well off since we are not bombing for drugs anymore

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

But see, that is the problem. Obama is not a 'Maoist',
I stand corrected. He is actually a marxist-leninist.

Originally posted by incrediblelousmindsTo constantly refer to Obama as a radical leftist who wants to tax us all to death is an incredibly absurd argument not supported by the facts.
I am talking about barrack obama the current occupier of the white house. Who are you talking about?

Originally posted by incrediblelousmindsHe is a moderate at best, and resembles a Republican FAR more than any of the Nation's traditional leftists.
OMG!!! He could only be described as "moderate" in comparison to Stalin, or Mao, or Hitler. In comparison to any American president, he represents the far, far, far left. As far as "republican", even the current crop of rinos "representing us" are not as left wing as he is.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Could 80% of Americans support a tax hike because about 80% of Americans wouldn't know what to do if their way of life changed?

I'd say that at least 80% of America would poop themselves if things our tax dollars pay for were removed such as garbage collection, police monitoring, fire departments, roads fall apart, etc..
Nice shot at disinformation. Those services are handled the local level and have nothing to do with the federal government, YET.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by incrediblelousmindsHe is a moderate at best, and resembles a Republican FAR more than any of the Nation's traditional leftists.

OMG!!! He could only be described as "moderate" in comparison to Stalin, or Mao, or Hitler. In comparison to any American president, he represents the far, far, far left.

Credibility;

off cliff.

edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
could someone actually show WHAT taxes have been raised by Obama? mine have been lowered since he has been in office. just because you have an opinion doesn't make it a fact.

Link

Keep in mind that Mr. Obama has already signed the largest tax increase since 1993. While everyone focuses on the Bush tax rates that expire after 2012, other tax increases are already set to hit the economy thanks to the 2010 Affordable Care Act. As a refresher, here s a non-exhaustive list of ObamaCare’s tax increases:

* Starting in 2013, the bill adds an additional 0.9% to the 2.9% Medicare tax for singles who earn more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000.

* For first time, the bill also applies Medicare’s 2.9% payroll tax rate to investment income, including dividends, interest income and capital gains. Added to the 0.9% payroll surcharge, that means a 3.8-percentage point tax hike on “the rich.” Oh, and these new taxes aren’t indexed for inflation, so many middle-class families will soon be considered rich and pay the surcharge as their incomes rise past $250,000 due to tax-bracket creep. Remember how the Alternative Minimum Tax was supposed to apply only to a handful of millionaires?

Taxpayer cost over 10 years: $210 billion.

* Also starting in 2013 is a 2.3% excise tax on medical device manufacturers and importers. That’s estimated to raise $20 billion.

* Already underway this year is the new annual fee on “branded” drug makers and importers, which will raise $27 billion.

* Another $15.2 billion will come from raising the floor on allowable medical deductions to 10% of adjusted gross income from 7.5%.

* Starting in 2018, the bill imposes a whopping 40% “excise tax” on high-cost health insurance plans. Though it only applies to two years in the 2010-2019 window of ObamaCare’s original budget score, this tax would still raise $32 billion – and much more in future years.

* And don’t forget a new annual fee on health insurance providers starting in 2014 and estimated to raise $60 billion. This tax, like many others on this list, will be passed along to consumers in higher health-care costs.

There are numerous other new taxes in the bill, all adding up to some $438 billion in new revenue over 10 years. But even that is understated because by 2019 the annual revenue increase is nearly $90 billion, or $900 billion in the 10 years after that. Yet Mr. Obama wants to add another $1 trillion in new taxes on top of this.
The economic ironies are also, well, rich. Mr. Obama is now pushing to reduce the payroll tax by two-percentage points for another year to boost the economy, but he’s already built in a big increase in that same payroll tax for 2013. So if a payroll tax cut creates jobs this year, why doesn’t a payroll tax increase destroy jobs after 2013?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

He could only be described as "moderate" in comparison to Stalin, or Mao, or Hitler. In comparison to any American president, he represents the far, far, far left. As far as "republican", even the current crop of rinos "representing us" are not as left wing as he is.

Actually he is right wing, anyone that supports govt/statism is right wing.

Left wing is anarchism.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
whatreallyhappened.com...

snip

But I felt it was my duty to send you this open letter correcting what appear to be several misperceptions you have regarding the present situation and how We The People truly feel about it.

For or against Obama, anyone that feels it is their duty to speak for me or anyone other than themself lost my interest the moment they proposed to think for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It is implied by the social contract where a government's right to govern is given by the consent of the governed.

This is a great idea. I will also write a letter indicating the same. Anybody else?

I will do you one better. (Original content may be copied and used under the "Fair Use" doctrine.)

We can copy a part of the letter and refer to it with full credit given.

I am going to make sure EVERYONE I meet knows of the letter and therefore can reference it in their own letter, even if it is nothing more than a short: " I agree with all the point brought up in the open letter on whatreallyhappened.com... "

I copy a google pointer or the url on an index card or business card and hand them out. I have been doing it about the Federal Reserve for years.

Heck you can print that out on letter paper and hand the typed start out to everyone you meet!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

It is time to face the fact that under the present private-central banking system that loans the public currency at interest, that the government debt crisis is intentional and by design unpayable.

The Fed isn't private, it's quasi-private and all of the Feds profits are returned to the U.S Treasury. If you guys dislike the Federal reserve system just because you believe it to be ``private``, then you too are part of the problem.

Who said they dislike it because it is private? I abhor it because it is corrupt and because, despite what you say, it is simply a mechanism for stealing collosals sums of money from the US people and pouring it into the coffers of the vermin private banksters.

edit on 28-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by wcitizen

Unfortunately, letters like these never reach the eyes of the President because they are always "pre checked".

I know, but those who 'pre-selelct' Obummer's correspondence get to read it - and the fact that it's in the public domain has an effect too. Imagine if millions wrote similar letters and posted them online as well....people think their voices are unimportant, but imo they most certainly are not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Where does this debate leave us Libertarian-minded folks? I want less gov't everywhere, bring troops home, no more Federal Reserve. And for those of you arguing that higher taxes will pay off our debt, you're smoking crack. The system is rigged via the Federal Reserve to get us into a debt spiral. If you don't understand that, you've fallen for theier divisive tricks and the false left/right paradigm.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Higher taxes in order to reduce the government's debt isn't the proposal. The proposal is to remove tax loopholes and tax breaks for corporations and the top 5% of wealthy Americans. Something that should have been done a long time ago. These people need to pay their fair share.

As paranoid as many working class conservatives can get (which is an oxymoron, its the same as a chicken lying in bed with Colonel Sanders) bigger government, when implemented properly, can do wonders for the people. Bigger government and a united, world, government is the path that we are on right now and that will not change.
edit on 7/28/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
Higher taxes in order to reduce the government's debt isn't the proposal. The proposal is to remove tax loopholes and tax breaks for corporations and the top 5% of wealthy Americans. Something that should have been done a long time ago. These people need to pay their fair share.

As paranoid as many working class conservatives can get (which is an oxymoron, its the same as a chicken lying in bed with Colonel Sanders) bigger government, when implemented properly, can do wonders for the people. Bigger government and a united, world, government is the path that we are on right now and that will not change.
edit on 7/28/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

Because consolidating power into the hands of a few that have proven themselves corrupt is good in your book? I ask again, for those of us that want to be left alone, where do we go?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Somalia.

We could always move to Somalia.

ETA: Never mind, I they don't speak English and I honestly don't have time to learn a new language.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

There is plenty of empty land in Alaska and the western wilderness that you can build your cabin in and live in seclusion if you don't want to live progressively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join