It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter: Dear Mr. Obama - Setting the record straight. " I withdraw my consent for you to gov

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
whatreallyhappened.com...

snip

Dear Barack,

I was rather amazed to see an article earlier today in which you state your belief that 80% of Americans want higher taxes in order to reduce the government's debt. Either your staffers are misrepresenting the polling data to you, the polls are flawed, or you are driven to delusional hallucinations by the realities of the government's fiscal position. Possibly all three. But I felt it was my duty to send you this open letter correcting what appear to be several misperceptions you have regarding the present situation and how We The People truly feel about it. Because your present course risks invocation of the 25th Amendment for mental incompetence.

It's quite a long letter, but well worth the read, imo. Imagine if millions did the same, and sent them to the White House.

There are so many ways to use our voice to say NO to the insanity that's going on in our world....we just have to do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I never gave anyone my consent to be governed.

When did the Govt ever ask for consent? Did I miss something here?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It is implied by the social contract where a government's right to govern is given by the consent of the governed.

This is a great idea. I will also write a letter indicating the same. Anybody else?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It is implied by the social contract where a government's right to govern is given by the consent of the governed.

This is a great idea. I will also write a letter indicating the same. Anybody else?

Hate to say it but, he will think these open letters come from the 20% lol.

Even through everyone and his dog knows that people hate tax hikes

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I say pay more taxes and make massive cuts.

The spending spree is over, the countries credit card bill has landed on the mat and it aint pretty.

Sad fact is though it has to be paid! Ok it may mean a tough few years but if we just ignore those letters on the mat, the interest increases and it's downhill all the way.

Like those marbles, when we borrow 20 we have to pay back 30, plus fines!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah,... I'm pretty much in agreement with the letter. Good post and thanks for sharing. I've never heard anyone say to me "I'm all for the tax hikes! Bring em' on!" 80% of the public said they want them? Why didn't anyone ask me for my opinion when they were polling the public?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Are you saying that you support slavery?

I have never singed a contract in my life, I'm not even old enough legally to sign a contract. To support the notion of a contract that I've never signed binding me to the state from birth, is ``slavery``. How is it that I'm binded by this contract for merely being born within a certain territory?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i agree with obama. i think all americans should pay between 80-90% in taxes and corporations should pay 99% in taxes.

this system, where everybody effectively is working for the state, is also known by other names.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I say pay more taxes and make massive cuts.

The spending spree is over, the countries credit card bill has landed on the mat and it aint pretty.

Sad fact is though it has to be paid! Ok it may mean a tough few years but if we just ignore those letters on the mat, the interest increases and it's downhill all the way.

Like those marbles, when we borrow 20 we have to pay back 30, plus fines!

A tough "few" years? How about decades or centuries? There's no way we'll pay off this debt within our lifetime, and don't forget. While we're paying the current debt, it will continue to rise as they'll simultaneously keep borrowing and overspending. There is no end in sight!

P.S. If I misunderstood your post and you were being sarcastic, my apologies.

edit on 27-7-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Why should I pay the debt for greedy bankers? you shouldent either unless your a banker.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
nope the staffers did not misrepresent the 80% raising taxes will not even effect them.

finance.yahoo.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

money.cnn.com...

most democrats are on the government dime and those arent dont pay to begin with.

and i never consented to obama hell i never voted for him to begin with.

when you vote for a president you give consent.
edit on 27-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

You go ahead and pay more if you wish to do so. I do not. In 9 weeks I am quitting my job. I plan to collect unemployment, foodstamps, and any thing else I can get. I will stop being a producer and become a moocher in hopes of speeding the demise of a system I despise.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Are you saying that you support slavery?

I have never singed a contract in my life, I'm not even old enough legally to sign a contract. To support the notion of a contract that I've never signed binding me to the state from birth, is ``slavery``. How is it that I'm binded by this contract for merely being born within a certain territory?
Ask dear leader and the regime.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It is time to face the fact that under the present private-central banking system that loans the public currency at interest, that the government debt crisis is intentional and by design unpayable.

The Fed isn't private, it's quasi-private and all of the Feds profits are returned to the U.S Treasury. If you guys dislike the Federal reserve system just because you believe it to be ``private``, then you too are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

most democrats are on the government dime and those arent dont pay to begin with.

Care to prove that ridiculous statement???

And like it or not...people ARE siding with the President. Not at 80%, but they are siding with him.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You have a SSN right? There's your consent right there. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

click the links and heres another one while your at it.

www.usdebtclock.org...

45 million on foodstamps another 35 million on umemployment.

do tell just how many right wingers and opponents of obama are on the goverment dime.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

My SSN was given to me at birth or sometime after my birth, I never consented to receiving that.

I guess you support slavery too.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

You have a SSN right? There's your consent right there. Seriously.
Not really. You have to have "a meeting of the minds" for a contract to be valid. Additionally, most people receive their number while still minors, again not valid for a contract. I actually did not get mine until I was ready to enlist. Had I known what I was in for, I would never have gotten one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join