It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
its a bug, not trying to be annoying, i have an open mind and have seen some convincing video of sightings, but that is onviously a bug flying close to the camera... sorry

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
i have never seen a bug with a flaming tail before. this is why i find it hard to believe it is a bug.
i have never seen a u.f.o. with a flaming tail before, this is why i do not think it is a u.f.o.

two meteorites flying in opposite directions do have flaming tails. it may appear that it is one object making a u turn, however if one object flys in one direction and then fades out as another object is coming in from the opposite direction coming into view at the same point where the first object faded then it would give the illusion it was one object making a u turn.

Best post yet

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You people are idiots, how is this a bug? If so what kind of bug fly's this fast & changes its angle so presice.

Definately an advance aircraft.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wish the name calling would stop. All this assumed intellectual superiority is no different than 5 year olds fighiting in kindergarten, you're just using bigger words (sometimes). A difference in opinion is just that.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i have never seen a bug with a flaming tail before. this is why i find it hard to believe it is a bug.
i have never seen a u.f.o. with a flaming tail before, this is why i do not think it is a u.f.o.

two meteorites flying in opposite directions do have flaming tails. it may appear that it is one object making a u turn, however if one object flys in one direction and then fades out as another object is coming in from the opposite direction coming into view at the same point where the first object faded then it would give the illusion it was one object making a u turn.

That is absolutely ludicrous, are you serious?

It is one object

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If hundreds of people reported seeing the flying object, it would bring my hopes up. Besides a solitary camera on the roof you usually have to have a credible witness-or witnesses.

The UFO seemed to display a diving bombing run, which suggested a highly aggressive, and unusual flight move.

Or maybe it was just a kamikaze flying moth.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 31-7-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 31-7-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Call ghost hunters..it was a spirit orb.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I guess that guy who collects movie props on the north side of town just acquired his "Rocketeer" jetpack. It should go nice with his Scooby Doo van and Back to the Future DeLorean.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsuoatx

we are talking about this being an alien space craft and your worried about the speed it is going, of course it will be going speeds that you find impossible, its meant to be a damn alien space craft...............

if you poked an alien and he started bleeding green, you wouldn't say "no......blood is red! fake!'

come on man..... dont shut things down so easily!

Peace Out

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

bug: it looks like it's in the atmosphere not in front of the camera. You can tell this because it dims as it goes behind the city smog/clouds and does it's 90 degree turn, then it reappears from behind the smog/clouds and shoots out of shot and the fact that this is slightly sped up also disproves the bug theory where as the speed it moves at supports the ufo theory...

it is so a bug, i am 100% positive on this. It is not over the city, but very close to the camera. It does not "enter the smog". the reason it dims is because it is a lightening bug/firefliy. They are long bugs that blink on and off, just like the bug in this vid. We have them where I live every year by the hundreds, and this is how they look when they swoop around blinking.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

no not ludicrous, just stating my opinion and what i think it could be, two meteorites(which they look like) is more likely than a u.f.o.,
unless you would rather i believed it to be a u.f.o. as in an inteligently controlled craft?

i do not believe it is a bug because it does not look like one, and due to having a mind of my own, and not being bothered about fitting 'in' with the crowd or having a differing view to them i will state my opinion wether people agree with it or not. screaming IT IS A BUG! does nothing to change my opinion, nor does ridicule or any form belittling, i still do not see a bug.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

no not ludicrous, just stating my opinion and what i think it could be, two meteorites(which they look like) is more likely than a u.f.o.,
unless you would rather i believed it to be a u.f.o. as in an inteligently controlled craft?

i do not believe it is a bug because it does not look like one, and due to having a mind of my own, and not being bothered about fitting 'in' with the crowd or having a differing view to them i will state my opinion wether people agree with it or not. screaming IT IS A BUG! does nothing to change my opinion, nor does ridicule or any form belittling, i still do not see a bug.

You can believe whatever you like mate, however I don't know what the chances are of 2 meteorites, that happen to fly in such a flight path as to give the impression that they are one, would be, but I reckon it's quite low. Also one of these meteorites happens to fly up instead of the commonly agreed down, the percentage drops further.

Couple that with Drake theory on the amount of habitable planets in the galaxy, I'd say the percentage of ET life existing is way over the percentage of 2 miraculous meteorites. Evidently, I don't see a bug either, I see something else, completely different.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

if down would equal one direction across the earths atmosphere, then obviously up would be the opposing direction across the earths atmosphere. and just because something has a slim chance of occurence does not mean it does not happen. also the camera angle could play a huge part in making it seem they appear/disappear in the same spot. prespective may be playing a huge part in it. they may not of even been close to each other but due to prespective and the camera angle.........

regardless i do not want to get into a debate about my opinion, it will just turn into people complaining because i do not believe their opinion and moaning that the topic is still on going and having IT'S A BUG screamed at me.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I defiantly do not view it as a bug. The object quite clearly appears to fade out in a most un-bug like way, dipping below a tree line, into the smog, or perhaps it is even just barely on the edge of the horizon, and when it fades out it dips to far down in the atmosphere for the light to hit us the right way. Also, do counter the "lightning bug" argument, bug luminescence isn't white, its more of a greenish/yellow color.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InvaderSkich

no - maybe on tv the fireflies are green. here they are white. like tiny stars that blink and whizz in my backyard. Like i said, we have hundreds of them here every year. they are beautiful, and can zoom just like the object in this video. they blink a white light. this is the time of year for them too - last month and this month and then they will probably die off. if i had a vid camera i would go out tonight and take a video of them for comparison, and that would right away settle this dispute, that is how confident i am of this being a lightening bug. well my cell phone can take a vid but the resolution is utter crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InvaderSkich

There are more than 2000 species of fireflies, and I have seen some with a bright white light. Here on the Anacostia watershed, I see them down by the river late at night. The green ones tend to come out around dusk and stay close to the ground.

My main problem with the firefly theory is that I've never seen them higher than tree height. Still, I suppose the wind could blow one up to the top of a roof.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

true they are usually bush and tree height. I am not sure where this camera is located, but it is more likely to me that a firefly got blown a bit higher than normal than to assume an intelligent being is joyriding above the city.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I believe it still stands that the object in question is unidentified therefore making it a UFO. not necessarily an alien craft, could be human.. who knows.

I heard someone say that the reason it seems to disappear is that certain low-level clouds develop in FORT WORTH, TX.

a bug? LOL yea right hahahaha

and sometimes, fact is stranger than fiction..
edit on 1-8-2011 by Gwampo because: general observation

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
reply to post by disownedsky

true they are usually bush and tree height. I am not sure where this camera is located, but it is more likely to me that a firefly got blown a bit higher than normal than to assume an intelligent being is joyriding above the city.

Fort Worth is pretty flat. To get a camera to that height you have to be on the roof of a tall building. I would guesstimate that we're 200+ feet up, so you'd need an extraordinary circumstance to get a firefly up there, but it IS possible. Perhaps it caught a ride on a tree or shrub that was transported up the building by humans.

I conclude that unless another camera captured the same object or objects, we haven't got much here.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think a video of local fireflies would be an excellent idea. Anybody in the area willing to go tape some?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join