It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
There seems to be some confusion still about the camera and its focal point. The camera is not “focused” on the horizon; if so the entire city would also be blurry. The camera is set to a DOF of infinity. This means in theory that all objects will be in focus. However due to the physical nature of a camera lens, as opposed to the human eye, there is still a problem with very near objects in an infinite DOF setup; They appear to be blurry. So yes a bug in this camera at a few feet would appear to be blurry, and it will show up at night being lit from a light nearby and show up rather well. It is not a matter of in focus, or out of focus, it is just a matter of if this camera is on top of a building, and the building has lights atop it (as it must). Then the light is reflected off the bug, and it is not so much the bug we see but the light being reflected, exactly as a bug would appear in this setup. The light mentioned above would also make the supposed bug appear to dim and then get bright again, as it flies below the beam, or further from the source. Then it will get bright again as it either comes near, or flies up into the beam path again.

However not having any idea where this camera is mounted we can only speculate on its physical location, and thus the nearby lights. However going by the video it looks to be on top of a very tall building, and therefore it would have the nearby lights, not for the camera itself, but as all buildings like this are required to have them for safety reasons.

Unfortunately, all of this being true does not mean that it was a bug. It is just one explanation that is 100% spot on. There may be many others that can explain the same video at 100%. And yes alien or man-made super craft is one of those. So both points are just as valid. With no frame of reference for the distance of the object or the location of the camera and surrounding lights etc. Both of these are just as valid, depending on if you totally disbelieve the Alien theory or if you accept it at face value. However arguing this on ATS and getting upset and attacking other posters will not help matters. All it does is discredit those doing the attacking as being “childish.” People need to learn to just let go the emotions, and read the post and forget any personal involvement.

edit on 30-7-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by byeluvolk because: more typos

****EDIT

As for the time lapse argument: This is not compressed at all. You can watch this video at full speed and there is not any time compression, or time lapse stutter. If you look at the cars on the free way you can see they are moving at full speed. So this object is either very close and moving somewhat slow, or it is very far and moving very fast. Still no way to know without a better frame of reference, but both ideas are sound.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

But you are discounting the fact that the camera was in time lapse.. so the bug in front of the camera would not have been on that path for so long. By your own example

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i have never seen a bug with a flaming tail before. this is why i find it hard to believe it is a bug.
i have never seen a u.f.o. with a flaming tail before, this is why i do not think it is a u.f.o.

two meteorites flying in opposite directions do have flaming tails. it may appear that it is one object making a u turn, however if one object flys in one direction and then fades out as another object is coming in from the opposite direction coming into view at the same point where the first object faded then it would give the illusion it was one object making a u turn.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thats interesting and a good find. Its strange how it disappears and then you can see it going the other direction back towards the top of the screen.

edit on 30-7-2011 by brew8537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
maybe its a military technology, a very advanced technology

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Is there any info on the model of the camera that was used?
Looking in all the posts, I could not find anything on that, but I may have missed it.

Point being, most web cams that would be placed into a window would be of the pinhole lens variety
(very small f stop) and as such, can keep objects in focus from 6" to infinity easily. In such a camera, a bug is possible.

If however, the camera is of the older mounted CTV vidicon variety, these typically have large lenses with much larger f stop openings (usually variable, adjusted to the brightness of the picture, and would have been very open in a night shot). In this case a bug would never show up like that, more likely like a large blurry out of focus orb. The streaking object would have to have been in the focal plane of the city and beyond.

Just an observation, but it would be great to know what equipment was being used.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
But you are discounting the fact that the camera was in time lapse.

That's probably one reason why there are those of you that think it is not a bug. There is no time-lapse. The poster above you even explained that there is no time-lapse. The cars are moving at a normal pace and speed on the roads below. That is quite easy to see.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is TRUE CHAOS effect.

A mosquito bashes its wings and POOF 27 pages on abovetopsecret.com.

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
There seems to be some confusion still about the camera and its focal point. The camera is not “focused” on the horizon; if so the entire city would also be blurry. The camera is set to a DOF of infinity. This means in theory that all objects will be in focus. However due to the physical nature of a camera lens, as opposed to the human eye, there is still a problem with very near objects in an infinite DOF setup; They appear to be blurry. So yes a bug in this camera at a few feet would appear to be blurry, and it will show up at night being lit from a light nearby and show up rather well. It is not a matter of in focus, or out of focus, it is just a matter of if this camera is on top of a building, and the building has lights atop it (as it must). Then the light is reflected off the bug, and it is not so much the bug we see but the light being reflected, exactly as a bug would appear in this setup. The light mentioned above would also make the supposed bug appear to dim and then get bright again, as it flies below the beam, or further from the source. Then it will get bright again as it either comes near, or flies up into the beam path again.

However not having any idea where this camera is mounted we can only speculate on its physical location, and thus the nearby lights. However going by the video it looks to be on top of a very tall building, and therefore it would have the nearby lights, not for the camera itself, but as all buildings like this are required to have them for safety reasons.

Unfortunately, all of this being true does not mean that it was a bug. It is just one explanation that is 100% spot on. There may be many others that can explain the same video at 100%. And yes alien or man-made super craft is one of those. So both points are just as valid. With no frame of reference for the distance of the object or the location of the camera and surrounding lights etc. Both of these are just as valid, depending on if you totally disbelieve the Alien theory or if you accept it at face value. However arguing this on ATS and getting upset and attacking other posters will not help matters. All it does is discredit those doing the attacking as being “childish.” People need to learn to just let go the emotions, and read the post and forget any personal involvement.

edit on 30-7-2011 by byeluvolk because: more typos

****EDIT

As for the time lapse argument: This is not compressed at all. You can watch this video at full speed and there is not any time compression, or time lapse stutter. If you look at the cars on the free way you can see they are moving at full speed. So this object is either very close and moving somewhat slow, or it is very far and moving very fast. Still no way to know without a better frame of reference, but both ideas are sound.

The person who services the camera posted...he said there are no lights and other stuff i forget anyway he gave the needed info and himself does not believe this is a bug.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This whole thread makes me LOL

IT'S A BUGGGGGGGGG!!!

The arguments for this have already been made many times in this thread.

I live in Dallas.

The results are in here.
The research has been done.

And imho- it was obvious from the start.

Just comparing the opacitiy (moreover, the LACK thereof) of the "ufo" in question-
it's much denser than EVERY OTHER LIGHT in the video.

Stop grasping at straws people.

Here's a good example of how many people fall for this optical illusion:
SEE about 5 min 40 seconds in...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
At full speed, even the wing flapping is obvious.

27 pages dedicated to flying bug. More than threads many solid cases with a lot more proof COMBINED.

I'd have had to seen something extraordinary to show me this wasn't just a moth. There is nothing there. It flies in and out of the field of view.. done deal. It's a bug, and the lack of common sense is staggers me.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It really does look like a bug to me. I have seen this very same thing over and over on trail cams, along with flying rods and orbs; all bugs and dust artifacts. Just because the camera is high up on a tower does not mean there are no bugs up there. I would love for it to be a UFO, but unfortunately its not - this time.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
cant say i agree with the bug theory it appears to be too far out for that, just my oponion and as i said i am no authority on this sort ot thing

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It displays the same flight behavior as the famous video taken in space of 2 ufos firing at each other.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
After watching the footage on a number of occasions
, I want to add that the glow of the object seems to match the cloud cover you see. Also, the object doesn't appear to be exactly parallel to the camera, it appears to fly out the top corner of the camera indicating it is coming toward the camera (high, right side).

Unidentified Flying Object or Bug, isn't a bug for me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I find it difficult to understand how anyone could think that this is a "bug". It's obviously behind the smog and clouds, in the sky. If you look you can plainly see it coming in and out of it. A bug in front of a camera would not being going behind clouds...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It looks very similar to the 9/11 videos i have seen. Looks like the thing that was next to the tower when the plane hit it, then the thing took off very much like this object.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is a really nice video. It may be a bug or something if there is light behind it. If it is actually emitting light, then we may have something here.
Nice Find!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
. You are all wrong. It is not a bug, moth or any other flying insect nor is it any type of military hardware. Has anyone zoomed in on this thing? I did to 150% and what I discovered was eight reindeer and a half drunk fat man with a beard giving a big boobed hottie a ride.
Seriously though, the movement, the angle of desent and the speed of this object would suggest a ufo of sorts. I have seen very similar things myself with rapid movement and impossible direction changes. You can get the perspective of the object against its surroundings and if it was a bug it would appear in front of the city and not behind it. But hey, its only my humble opinon and i'll let you all debate away at it.

Have a good evening folks.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I find it difficult to understand how anyone could think that this is a "bug". It's obviously behind the smog and clouds, in the sky. If you look you can plainly see it coming in and out of it. A bug in front of a camera would not being going behind clouds...

How in the world did you determine that? I watched it multiple times, at every speed.. and it does not appear to be flying in and out of clouds or smog. You can see FLAPPING WINGS for cripes sake. Are you just ignoring that convenient bit of info?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join