It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Soliders Never Talk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Never said I was pro-war, but having actually fought, I think I might just have a unique view to this topic, unlike you.

So you fought to protect your homeland from being invaded? Or did you invade a country for reasons that changed depending on the season?

Sorry, you're wrong, once again. "Grabbing" a gun and fighting for pay isn't exactly what a mercenary is, and it sure isn't want anyone that's servicing in the US military is. Good try, tho.

Let me guess, it's about "serving your country" "preserving freedom and democracy" ....any more pretentious bull# you were hooked by? Or was that enough?

Suicide equals psychotic to you? Interesting.

No not really, my thinking went more like; imagine being stuck in the military as someone with a healthy mind, must be hell seeing psychopaths left and right blowing up kids. But good job on assuming.

Shucks, according to your ill-informed post, you are pushing that all 18 year olds in the service are psychos, and they aren't.

The majority of these people are psychotic. You can twist and turn and shout ill-informed all you want but it is the truth.

And what percentage of the actual military is psychotic? And how does that compare to the civilian corporations?

You will never find out because investigations into such matters can be very harmful for the status quo in the military. I don't understand why you bring in the civilian corporations...civilian corporations do not drop bombs or shoot kids. They may indirectly be bankrolling these bombs and bullets through taxes, but that is a different story all together.

Here's an example: How many of your Chucky Cheese coworkers are nutso?

Chucky Cheese...

The lack of thought you give to what I am sharing here is a tell tale sign of ignorance. You do not understand now but you will later on in yer life...

No clue about what I speak about? Sorry, I happen to have a great knowledge of the US military, and I'm willing to bet it's far more than you have, or ever will.

Yeh except this is not about what ranks kiss which ranks behinds, or what the protocol is when one of your military brothers shoots a kid and covers it up.

This is about the average, ignorant people signing up because they believe they are serving their country. They don't know what they are going to face. Sure, retort with some online bravado...it won't help ease your mind in your later years.

Keep spouting off about what you know nothing about.

How much do companies like XE(blackwater) and Halliburton make off rebuilding nations and how about the oil agreements to sell the US oil for a bargain?

Oh, I see, you don't know? You guess it's a lot of money?

Then why are veterans(that's you in a couple of years) living out in the streets? Why are they ridden with a whole wash list of mental disorders and complexes? Why isn't help reaching them? Do you even CARE or think about those people while you're here defending the war machine that is the US military? Do you understand what SPOILS OF WAR are? I don't think so.

So continue being a see through puppet. Until you decide to think. Take care.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
War is always painful and destructive, to all involved.

I wish all governments which embark on such a path would feel the wrath of the entire globe, not the population, just the govs who give the orders. Invading another country in this day and age is stupid. If leaders of a country are not promoting peace and the betterment of their society they should be brought down by the people they serve by peaceful protest and strike action. Rebel groups who are not using peaceful means need to be brought to justice.

Most soldiers go to war because they do not have a choice, whether they are ordered by their 'superiors' or are defending their country, or are abducted and forced by their captors. How are these things still happening when their is so much knowledge of morals and decency, advances in social and political sciences. It breaks my heart that a small part of the world is educated about things and still take orders from corrupt govs.

It is about time people of earth shared their wealth of knowledge, embraced mankind and learned more about our past, present and future.

For all of our sakes please please please just stop the killing and spreading of hatred, resentment and ignorance.
I don't want my children to have to live in a world which does not learn from its mistakes and thrives on division and suffering.

Bring all of the troops home. Peace now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

As someone who actually HAS been to war 3 times I have you say that you have no clue .

You have not been to war three times, you've been to an invasion. There is a big big difference.

I see what you are saying about being mercenary and taking pay, however soldiers do not ever fight for queen or country or for money but for each other.

Well if you see that point then how can you say they are fighting for each other? If they were really fighting for each other they would do it without guns and at the home front, so they would not get sent to invade countries because a few men in suits want to get richer and have more control.

By the time they are sent overseas it's too late to fight for each other would you not say?

A lot of young men find themselves on the dole when they leave school. No prospects. So the forces become their only option in many cases.

The other option is organizing and changing your own society for the better so that when you hit the bottom the only way out is not by picking up a gun, being sent to a hell hole, acquiring countless mental problems and social complexes....

That is why you have a democracy. To be able to SAY something and not be sent out by kings and queens, presidents and dictators to fight for their gain.

Most do not join to fight in foreign lands but to see the world and make good friends.. Most of the work of the last 20 years from a british perspective were peace keeping roles, crisis management (droughts/medical aid).

From a british perspective? Isn't it a coincidence that I saw a bit on youtube on how the British military was just killing for fun? Does that not take away from the humanitarian missions? It does!

The combat roles have been few but long in terms of duration however the guys in Afghanistan do not measure success in enemy dead but in infrastructure built, kids in school, and a lot of the blokes died making that happen.

Made what happen? The British were in Afghanistan over a hundred years ago installing a pro-British king, now they are there ensuring poppy fields don't get destroyed and keeping the pro-bribe Karzai in power.

Look, I understand your point but that is simply not the truth. It's the lie that is told to keep public support for these for-profit-wars going.

Does that sound like a psycho act to you??

Sounds like an excuse. Like "spreading democracy" while a president with a VAST history of corruption is welcomed and greeted as partner.

What I do agree with you is that the war itself is the result of corperate interests, and i resent every drop of blood spilt by my guys.. Good men and women.. And those caught in the middle..

Exactly! So what to do? Glorify the war machine so more and more good men and women are drawn in? Or spill the truths so that these good men and women get to make a balanced decision? Do you understand how much money(billions if not trillions) are pumped into pro-war propaganda? Do you understand why there is no balanced counter view - and if there is one, why it is being suppressed from the media while the pro-war propaganda gets full spins?

Fact is, even though i see you are trying to educate, your own ignorance is showing..

Which part is ignorance? Have you given what I've said more thought than just reading it over?

Instead of marginalising and slagging off people you dont know and bringibg peoples backs up in the way you present your views

Don't you think there is a reason for that?

Bring your views in a manner that brings everyone on board.

People exclude themselves before they even read what I type.

Not everyone is as "awake" as you

Everyone posting here has google.

And we are all in this together!

Yes, some are encouraging others to sign up for the military and others, who I can assure you are in a very small minority, are trying to stop people from signing away their lives. This is a serious issue that is usually waved away with some patriotic or nationalistic bull...while the bodies keep piling up and these weapon manufacturers and bankers who bankroll these wars...keep seeing their money go up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I cant disagree with you on a lot of those things.

I guess the point I was trying to make and failed, is that most people are brainwashed today and presenting views in a manner that instantly gets peoples goats just makes people raise up the walls.

I see that a lot here, and good, well meaning posts get dismissed because of it..

You are right in a lot you say, just change your style..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You are right in a lot you say, just change your style..

People, the younger generations in particular, must understand that there are objectors. Objectors that understand EXACTLY how the game is played. A well informed, steady and strongly voiced opinion cannot be shoveled away as pacifist or ignorant. It attacks that very ignorance that has a stranglehold on the minds of so many.

The American people did not have the internet to share their well-founded anti-Vietnam war sentiments so many years ago. YET, they managed to stop the US military and bring home their brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers.

Now we do have the internet, but stuff like facebook and X-factor have turned populations worldwide into a proper herd drowning in apathy.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
People join the military for a multitude of diffrerent reasons. Although I understood what the author of the video was saying, I admit that I spent 20 years in the miliitary. My reasons were simple. My family were all military, and we were in the middle of the cold war. The possibilty of invasion seemed to be a reality. 3 years after I joined, I did see active service, but not against the Wasaw Pact, but against a Latin American country, and that was in response to an invasion.

Did I fight for any corporation, or to see Thatcher is a second term? No, my reason for fighting was to ensure that British citizens, who chose to remain British, did so. The other two instances are not so cut and dry.
However, I fought for what I thought was right. Not for money, or to endorse corporate entities, but to ensure that people remained free to choose how they lived.

I suppose that could be said for the other two conflicts to a certain degree too.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Did I fight for any corporation, or to see Thatcher is a second term?

That's the issue there isn't it? You are not told the reason why you are being riled up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Perhaps not and I agree with what you say. But when British citizens were in peril, I knew in my own heart why I was going. Regardless of the governments or corporations. I went for my own reasons.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Let me guess, it's about "serving your country" "preserving freedom and democracy" ....any more pretentious bull# you were hooked by? Or was that enough?

Funny. Sorry, Gus, explaining the reasons wouldn't work. You just wouldn't understand.

No not really, my thinking went more like; imagine being stuck in the military as someone with a healthy mind, must be hell seeing psychopaths left and right blowing up kids. But good job on assuming.

Yeah, it's pretty rough watching terrorists constantly targeting women and children all that time. That's why we kill 'em. Glad you understand that!

The majority of these people are psychotic. You can twist and turn and shout ill-informed all you want but it is the truth.

Sorry, they aren't. And you can twist and turn and shout ill-informed all you want but it is the truth.

The lack of thought you give to what I am sharing here is a tell tale sign of ignorance. You do not understand now but you will later on in yer life...

What you're sharing? Have you ever been in the military? Anyone's military? What do you have to share on a subject you're completely ignorant about?

Yeh except this is not about what ranks kiss which ranks behinds, or what the protocol is when one of your military brothers shoots a kid and covers it up.

Try again, Gus. In fact, share some more of your "knowledge".

This is about the average, ignorant people signing up because they believe they are serving their country. They don't know what they are going to face. Sure, retort with some online bravado...it won't help ease your mind in your later years.

My mind is completely at ease about everything I've done and will do. Sleep like a baby every night.

Then why are veterans(that's you in a couple of years) living out in the streets? Why are they ridden with a whole wash list of mental disorders and complexes? Why isn't help reaching them? Do you even CARE or think about those people while you're here defending the war machine that is the US military? Do you understand what SPOILS OF WAR are? I don't think so.

Not all vets are homeless, not all vets have mental problems. There is help for guys that need it, but there should be more. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So continue being a see through puppet. Until you decide to think. Take care.

Keep on discussing things that are way out of your lane. I enjoy the laughs.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You have not been to war three times, you've been to an invasion. There is a big big difference.

Really? And what might those differences be? Based on your vast knowledge of war and combat?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You admitted here on this thread you are Iranian and on another thread you clearly said you lived in Holland so it does'nt take a 5 year old to figure out you are Dutch from Iranian origins.

It's no big deal, I also have close family roots in Holland....part of our family are Dutch Jews whose origins are from Persia.

edit on 30-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

If I can add to your post.....

alot of kids also join the military to take up a trade (mechanical engineering, nursing etc) and receive a decent education.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Hate to inform you but there are psychotic people in all walks of life, regardless of their religion, soci-economic background, race, or profession!!!

But Iran does have a lot of them......that can't be disputed!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Job Description : Soldier ; meaning obey your superior and respect the chain of command; you are paid to fight, not to talk.

For soldiers who guard E.T., space aircrafts, teleportation device, and things like that ..... they are to sign a written non-disclosure contract.....if they were to "announce" anything that are not declassified .... they would be sent to court martial and sentenced for treason.....and uhm....humiliation. "You're A soldier, I'm a government, b@#ch!!.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

How about:

If you lose an invasion or die in an invasion it's "just" you who's dead. It's horrible for the people you left back in your home country.

If you are being invaded and you lose your relatives and friends will soon follow you. If they are not being bombed already.

See, and I didn't even need to sign up to a military.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

If you are suggesting at any future invasion in to Iran......can I ask why you or your family immigrated to Holland in the first place?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.

That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is so much cruelty and shame in war there is very little reason why someone would go to one just so they can "experience" war. Many people join the military because it is the only option left to them: can't afford school, can't find a job etc. Very rarely to you run across a soldier who is there for "love of country" not saying it doesn't happen but it is rare. Those of us on the sidelines have no idea what they go through on a daily basis, we think movies and video games are the only extent of the trauma that happens in war. We can only guess the hell they have come from and the lack of support they get when they return home. They live every day with what they have done and seen and I have no right to judge that period. I remember a story of a man who served in Afghanistan, he came back and went to autozone to fix his car. A teenager around the age of sixteen came up to him and asked if he ever killed anybody? The man looked at him and simply said nothing just looked at him with that stare that every soldier knows. After about ten mins of a conversation the kid walked away with his head down and the soldier went back to fixing his car. The point is each and every soldier is an individual and no one knows but him or her what they have gone through. Who are you to judge every soldier for the actions of the few? (Not necessarily directed at op either)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Job Description : Soldier ; meaning obey your superior and respect the chain of command; you are paid to fight, not to talk.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Troops are paid to fight, but you don't want automations; you want troops that can think on their feet and communicate with their leaders and the men they are leading.

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
For soldiers who guard E.T., space aircrafts, teleportation device, and things like that ..... they are to sign a written non-disclosure contract.....if they were to "announce" anything that are not declassified .... they would be sent to court martial and sentenced for treason.....and uhm....humiliation. "You're A soldier, I'm a government, b@#ch!!.

Riiiggghhhtt....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join