It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Soliders Never Talk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Please Mods, if this is in the wrong slot, move it. Thank you.

The link I place below is to a You Tube video posted by an Iranian Gentleman who fought in the Iran/Iraq war. He now lives in the USA and is strongly patriotic towards his new country of residence.

He spin on warfare truely struck home to me and I can fully realte to what he is saying here.

Please take time to watch it. And please, no flags or stars for this thread.
If you want to comment, please do so at his You Tube link.

Thank you.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hi Mods. If this is not attracting any interest, could you please close the thread and save space?

Thank you.
edit on 28/7/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Ah, sometimes you gotta give threads some time

I am commenting to check it out later.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Can't watch the vid. What does he say?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I don't see what's the same about American soldiers fighting and killing Iraqis for oil while the Iranians had to fight off the Iraqis from invading and taking over Iran. Except for the obvious war like situation the whole idea in the head of soldiers is different, but then again, that's what he's saying huh

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
I don't see what's the same about American soldiers fighting and killing Iraqis for oil....

Is that what you think they are there doing?

Hmmm.......

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

WMD's? Freedom? Democracy?

Who is raking in the big dollars and who's population is dropping? Are you sharing in the spoils of war for you to have such a big mouth? No? What a surprise...not.

Move along puppet. Your signature says enough.

I view modern day soldiers who are not defending their own territories as nothing but mercenaries. Which is the only way to view them, really. Why else are American soldiers or British soldiers in Afghanistan or Iraq AGAIN? Seems like the British need to go back every hundred years or so...to spread freedom? Or to gain geopolitical advantages, such as resources and a base in that part of the world...and for these things, how many need to die? At the hands of 18 year old psychotics and psychopaths, video-game players who signed up to shoot people? You want to honor these psychopaths as soldiers?

This may sound harsh to your ears but it is just the way things are.

Your freedom today was secured by men that violated human rights in the past. Deal with it.

From your signature, you are so misled. For you to talk about "Your" freedom as if you know every person...or did you mean Americans? If so, how did the black population in the US secure their freedom? Huh? Ignorant people go to hell.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How the average soldier knows NOTHING of what they are to face and who share NONE of the spoils but make ALL the sacrifices.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sorry. I had not revisited. Basically, what Zamini said, for which he gets a star. Thank you Zamini.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Ignorant people go to hell

You will have alot of company. It appears you roll around and revel in it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I've been educating others and myself since a VERY young age. While you were playing with barbie dolls and whatnot.

See how ignorant you are? I doubt you even watched the video, you just want to get into an argument. Good luck

Thanks LoneArcher, the sacrifice of the brave people who VOLUNTEERED, men women and children, to defend Iran with their own blood is one that should not be forgotten. These people did not fight for a political ideology or religion, nor did they fight for money or food. They fought so that Iran would not be invaded and so that Iran would not be forgotten, regardless of how many people were against Iran. They fought for the Iranians next to them in the trenches and they fought for the Iranians at home and those yet to be born. My own father dug out the lifeless body of two of his brothers from the rubble of their shop, that was struck by an Iraqi missile, with his bare hands

Now, such a fighter is an American patriot warning fellow Americans about the situations they find themselves in, and there is NO response on ATS.

The war Iranians fought was not a fake war like the Americans find themselves in, over and over again. This was a struggle for survival. This is what I mean when I say the American soldiers will never understand what actual warfare is. Until it reaches their own soil and by then, there will be so much division the people will fight against themselves instead of uniting against the enemy.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Amen. I have heard so many similar stories from my Doctor, she is also Persian and a nicer Lady you could not meet. I remember our first air raid after we landed at the cove. We had to dig out what was left of our mates. Not a pretty sight.
edit on 28/7/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by bg_socalif

I've been educating others and myself since a VERY young age. While you were playing with barbie dolls and whatnot.

See how ignorant you are? I doubt you even watched the video, you just want to get into an argument. Good luck

Thanks LoneArcher, the sacrifice of the brave people who VOLUNTEERED, men women and children, to defend Iran with their own blood is one that should not be forgotten. These people did not fight for a political ideology or religion, nor did they fight for money or food. They fought so that Iran would not be invaded and so that Iran would not be forgotten, regardless of how many people were against Iran. They fought for the Iranians next to them in the trenches and they fought for the Iranians at home and those yet to be born. My own father dug out the lifeless body of two of his brothers from the rubble of their shop, that was struck by an Iraqi missile, with his bare hands

Now, such a fighter is an American patriot warning fellow Americans about the situations they find themselves in, and there is NO response on ATS.

The war Iranians fought was not a fake war like the Americans find themselves in, over and over again. This was a struggle for survival. This is what I mean when I say the American soldiers will never understand what actual warfare is. Until it reaches their own soil and by then, there will be so much division the people will fight against themselves instead of uniting against the enemy.

I watched the video and i recall the Iran-Iraq war very well. I was on active duty at the time and was out in the Persian Gulf during the "Tanker Wars". Saddam invaded and Iran defended themselves and repelled the Iraqi forces and then basically fought to a stalemate. There were horrific losses on both sides as you well know.

I agree that war should be avoided when at all possible. In recent times it's been used more as a tool of foreign policy IMO. You are correct, we have never had a war brought to our own shores and hopefully we never will. It's a whole different ballgame when your own homeland is being attacked. If anything like that should happen i believe it will start internally.

My initial post was directed at the remarks you were making about the American military. Alot of people on this site love to paint people, groups or countries with a nice big, broad brush. To me remarks like that are just ignorant.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
You are correct, we have never had a war brought to our own shores and hopefully we never will.

King Philip's war
French & Indian war
American Revolution
Spanish-American war
War of 1812
Civil War
War of Texan Independence
Mexican-American war
WWII (Pearl Harbor)

Just sayin....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Who is raking in the big dollars and who's population is dropping? Are you sharing in the spoils of war for you to have such a big mouth? No? What a surprise...not.

War for oil, huh? That battle cry of the anti-war crowd is SO 2003. Move along, puppet.

I view modern day soldiers who are not defending their own territories as nothing but mercenaries.

Which means you don't know what the actual definition of a mercenary is. No worries, most of the anti war puppets don't.

At the hands of 18 year old psychotics and psychopaths, video-game players who signed up to shoot people? You want to honor these psychopaths as soldiers?

Psychopaths? Once again, your lack of knowledge about the military is showing. Try not to skyline yourself.

From your signature, you are so misled. For you to talk about "Your" freedom as if you know every person...or did you mean Americans? If so, how did the black population in the US secure their freedom? Huh?

From your post, you're so clueless.

Ignorant people go to hell.

Bring your sunscreen; it's pretty hot down there.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

War for oil, huh? That battle cry of the anti-war crowd is SO 2003. Move along, puppet.

Anti-war crowd? Really? So you would say you are part of a pro-war crowd? Do you know why wars are fought? Have you EVER read anything written by Zbigniew Brzezinski? No? What a surprise.

Which means you don't know what the actual definition of a mercenary is.

Grabbing a gun and fighting for the one who pays you. That's what a mercenary is. Killing for money. An assassin is a form of mercenary. Computing still?

Psychopaths? Once again, your lack of knowledge about the military is showing. Try not to skyline yourself.

Do I need to refer you to the report that tells of the increasing number of psychotics in the US? Or how about the suicide rates in the US military? Are you just here trying to pick a fight? Because it seems as if you generally have no clue of what you speak about.

From your post, you're so clueless.

Go on your merry ignorant way please. Take care.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So you are an Iranian living in Holland who has never done military service nor fought in any war....and you regard yourself as an educator of war to others?

Are you serious?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Can you get any more ad hominem? No right? You know there is a reason I tell you where I'm from and where I live right? So that you trolls have something to focus on.

And I'm not telling you how to aim a gun or jump with a parachute, I'm telling you how to avoid being made a mercenary-puppet.

And you're here to troll.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Anti-war crowd? Really? So you would say you are part of a pro-war crowd? Do you know why wars are fought? Have you EVER read anything written by Zbigniew Brzezinski? No? What a surprise.

Never said I was pro-war, but having actually fought, I think I might just have a unique view to this topic, unlike you.

Originally posted by ZaminiGrabbing a gun and fighting for the one who pays you. That's what a mercenary is. Killing for money. An assassin is a form of mercenary. Computing still?

Sorry, you're wrong, once again. "Grabbing" a gun and fighting for pay isn't exactly what a mercenary is, and it sure isn't want anyone that's servicing in the US military is. Good try, tho.

Do I need to refer you to the report that tells of the increasing number of psychotics in the US? Or how about the suicide rates in the US military? Are you just here trying to pick a fight? Because it seems as if you generally have no clue of what you speak about.

Suicide equals psychotic to you? Interesting.

Shucks, according to your ill-informed post, you are pushing that all 18 year olds in the service are psychos, and they aren't. And what percentage of the actual military is psychotic? And how does that compare to the civilian corporations? Here's an example: How many of your Chucky Cheese coworkers are nutso?

No clue about what I speak about? Sorry, I happen to have a great knowledge of the US military, and I'm willing to bet it's far more than you have, or ever will.

Pick a fight? Nah, my obnoxious dial isn't up to medium yet.

Go on your merry ignorant way please. Take care.

Keep spouting off about what you know nothing about.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

Can you get any more ad hominem? No right? You know there is a reason I tell you where I'm from and where I live right? So that you trolls have something to focus on.

And I'm not telling you how to aim a gun or jump with a parachute, I'm telling you how to avoid being made a mercenary-puppet.

And you're here to troll.

As someone who actually HAS been to war 3 times I have you say that you have no clue .

I see what you are saying about being mercenary and taking pay, however soldiers do not ever fight for queen or country or for money but for each other.

A lot of young men find themselves on the dole when they leave school. No prospects. So the forces become their only option in many cases.

Most do not join to fight in foreign lands but to see the world and make good friends.. Most of the work of the last 20 years from a british perspective were peace keeping roles, crisis management (droughts/medical aid).

The combat roles have been few but long in terms of duration however the guys in Afghanistan do not measure success in enemy dead but in infrastructure built, kids in school, and a lot of the blokes died making that happen.

Does that sound like a psycho act to you??

The guys in theatre have very strict rules of engagement also, you may want to find out about that.

What I do agree with you is that the war itself is the result of corperate interests, and i resent every drop of blood spilt by my guys.. Good men and women.. And those caught in the middle..

Fact is, even though i see you are trying to educate, your own ignorance is showing..

Instead of marginalising and slagging off people you dont know and bringibg peoples backs up in the way you present your views

Bring your views in a manner that brings everyone on board.

Not everyone is as "awake" as you

And we are all in this together!
edit on 29-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join