It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Pole falling apart right now? Any info?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I found this e-mail posted on another board (a football fans board of all things). Its makes disturbing reading if true but I cant find any other info on it. Anyone heard anything like this?

Breakup Of The North Pole
From Dirk Dunning
[email protected]
8-15-4

I am stunned almost to speechlessness.

The northeast passage across the siberian polar ice is open. The glaciers on Ellesmere Island and the northern and northeastern shores of Greenland are collapsing within a matter of days. The channel between Greenland and Ellesmere Isalnd is open. And only about 250 miles of ice remains on the north shore of Greenland connecting it to the polar ice. And that is breaking up.

Vast stretches of polar ice are pulverized and floating free in the Arctic ocean. Thousands of square miles of ice are pulverized and on the edge of breaking up into a billion ice bergs.

An immense rent has formed in the ice north of Queen Victoria Island. An even larger tear reaches up from Siberia poking at the north pole itself.

The entire north shore of Akaska is Ice free, as is all of the northern Siberian shore - all the way to the New Siberian Islands and beyond.

The last of the ice blocking the Northwestern passage at the east end of Queen Elizabeth Island is breaking up.

In short, the north pole is falling apart. And some claim global warming isn't real!?

Within weeks, the refreeze should begin. Depending on how long it is before that happens, massive changes may occur at the pole before the freeze. The polar ice may well break free from land on ALL sides!!

This is one of the most astounding events in all of human history. And where is it on the news????

Searching google for Dirk Dunning suggests he works for the State of Oregon Department of Energy.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This is one of the most astounding events in all of human history. And where is it on the news????

That's what i'm always asking, when countless events of major importance, daily occur without the support of theMass media.

I believe, that we dont need much more, to see that who controls mass media, wants to keep people "focused" only on certain subjects: War, Football, and Economic situation.

� I wouldn't be surprised, about the melting of the Polar ices.
Many of you already saw pictures from Alaska , taken 50 years ago. And 50 years later, someone took a picture , from the same spot, and the results were: Inevitable!!

HARAK.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Can anyone hook mr up with a link to those Alaska pictures Harak mentions?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
what most people dont relize is the poler ice is getting melted from two directions at once and its a geometric progresion .
First the air above the ice is warmer (stat a fact is in anartica scientest witness ice meliting at -20 .
and the water or ground under the ice is also eather getting warmer or is warmer because of presser of the ice in case of the ground .
causing the ice to melt from the bottom up and the top down at the same time.
The other big thing people dont relize even wile you have a sheet of ice that looks nice and solid it mite not be .At higher tempters ice goes rotton .
meaning it brakes much easer .this can and will happen at 20% F .
For realy good solid ice to be formed and matained one land or fresh water the temp must be near 0 F much above this the ambiment heating from the day sun weekens the frezzing prosess . even if the air temp is below frezzing . You live in the north ? look at the snow melt on the grass and street and look at temp it starts melting way befor 32F is hit.
now worse in salt water wich lowers the frezzing temp of water .
now in order to get good solid frezz the temp must be BLOW 0 F more in the -20f range to get a good solid frezz anything higher then this and the ice starts to rot.So as to the north pole brake up is happening faster because the water and air temp is higher . Has been open water at the north pole for about 10 years now and opening gets bigger ever year.
What your describing is happing im sure and we will louse the all the pole ice in a few years tops . will be strange earth without a ice cap at the north pole . in our lifetime. Ps when this is even mostly done the ice melting at other places will excelerate by a100% or more .and the realy big weather changes will start.
think on how much sunlight is reflected back into space bythousands of square miles of ice at the pole now being asurbed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Someone must read this
www.rense.com...
and this www.iceagenow.com...
and u will see that it is not so far ;-)
open eyes men before too late

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Source: www.rense.com... I highly doubt it's the "real" Dirk Dunning: www.environmentalreview.org... sniff sniff snifff hrmmm... smell that? Smells like "Aussie Bloke!"

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Adding to my other post .There is what looks like conflicks with what we call the green house effect .thoes being the areas that experience lower then averge temp . But this is not a conflict it just looks that way.
again what most people dont relize is the interreaction between the warmer climents and the colder ones.
simple weather is hot cold effect a cold frount hits warmer air .what happens now well if there much water vaper in the air a cloud frount forms and you get rain if not then you only get wind.
the different air temps try to creat a new balance this creats wind and even tornados hurricanes.
now take this on to a plantery view .The equater warms up by another 5 degrees lets say from 89f to 94f avrege .
this creates a Larger imbalance in air temps in contrast with the poles.
so now the poler air is pulled down even faster farther causing colder air in some areas wile the warmer air is pulled up farther causing the ice to .
melt faster .This is simply a new balance being created.
once enough ice has melted i assure you the areas now seeing colder then averge temps will see a incress in temps.
think of the billions of ice burgs getting into the ocean curents and being moved farther south to the warmer waters were they melt even faster cooling the water. again a new balance is being created.
the only thing causing the cooler then averge temps in some areas is directly caused by the inbalance of the warmer then avrge air and water creating a new balance. Of corse this new balance will take 100 years to compleat in the mean time all bets are off as to how cold or warm your winter will be .It will depend one the major air water flow in your area at the time.
PS the greenn house effect started in the 1800 not in the 1900.
that is the reasion why the temp started going up in the 1940des .
it wasent the indrestural revolution that started the green house effect it was the massive use of coal as a fuel source that started it .
it just took the first 140 years to build up enough to start seeing the temp changes . just like warming a pot of water .
takes ten minits to get warm then goes to a boil very fast.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think that if this was the case, we here in the states would hear more, why? Because the oil wells are on the Ice in alaska. If the Ice eas melting there would be an Hugh oil sortage. The weels would colapse on themselfs.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I dont know if any wells are on the ice its self i kind of dought it because even if the ice stays frozen solid it still expands and contracts you should hear the big booms on a large frozen lake in the winter . this by its self would cause manny problems for a structer.
but that aside it has been reported that the termol frost layer is melting causing the excat problems your talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
I dont know if any wells are on the ice its self i kind of dought it because even if the ice stays frozen solid it still expands and contracts you should hear the big booms on a large frozen lake in the winter ..

They are sea wells that do sit on Ice beds. The roads are even Ice.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would immange That wells directly on the ice are accutly put into the ice in other words struts sunk into the ice to incress the stability of the platform . as for roads on ice well theres no problem at all with that we use to drive right out onto the lake all the time .Once ice is 38incehs think its safe to drive and the ice is the road any ware thats strong enouch even melting doesent effect that the road is just changed a bit.
as to the wells right on the ice im sure they have a way to copy with melting. hydrolic legs mabby? I mite just look this up could learn how they cope with ice and buildings in generil malting or not ice is tricky.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info folks.

So it's from Rense, Might of known.

I found an email address for Mr Dunning on the Oregon Department of Energy website and I've emailed him to find out if this is indeed his work. I doubt it is but it'll certainly be interesting if it is.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
sounds like the senario of the movie The day after tomorrow. Are you sure it's not a copy of it?

You know what the problem is with internet, almost every information you find turns out to be fake these days. What if this is really true, how can we every believe these kind of things. I think the only thing is to just wait and see what happends and perhaps when the mainstream media will report it.

In a way it can make me very angry, because we don't know what to believe anymore!!

top topics

join