It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Targets and ideas.... are you on the list ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Of course you are....

Every day a new target is listed, a hotel, a train, an event, banks, airlines... it goes on and on.

The olympics, all the hype and after the first day nothing.... no events of significance...

The political conventions... came and went...

all of the other sporting events that take place every day... nothing happens

Business open, are productive and nothing happens...

I just get tired of all the new headlines every day...

this building is a possible target...

the internet is a possible target...

this even is a possible target...

the hospital on 2nd street is a possible target..

Let's face it, every building is a "possible" target, every person is a "possible" target.. every event that takes place anywhere is a "possible" target...

I'd like to see some "energy" put into something else besides reporting and speculating all of these "possible" targets of terrorism.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think its more like, sooo, wouldnt this be a great place to hit??? Any takers, no, ok, let's try again, here? And then if it does happen, the speculators will be famous and the US can implement tighter control over its citizens.

But the only way they can keep this charade going is if something does happen...hopefully, they'll stop reporting all these threats soon.

Another thing, people are so worried about "terrorists," it's like yeaa...that could happen, but I think its more likely that you will need to worry about the local criminals first. Maybe we should start cleaning up crime instead of devoting so many police to guard buildings.

I wonder what crime has done since the terror warnings became daily news.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I think its more like, sooo, wouldnt this be a great place to hit??? Any takers, no, ok, let's try again, here? And then if it does happen, the speculators will be famous and the US can implement tighter control over its citizens.

But the only way they can keep this charade going is if something does happen...hopefully, they'll stop reporting all these threats soon.

Another thing, people are so worried about "terrorists," it's like yeaa...that could happen, but I think its more likely that you will need to worry about the local criminals first. Maybe we should start cleaning up crime instead of devoting so many police to guard buildings.

I wonder what crime has done since the terror warnings became daily news.

The psychology being applied in interesting. Threats daily, nothing happens, but then.. something WILL happen. And afterwards will
you also cry for government to "save" you? The next 9/11 event is
probably already set to go. Remember the Oklahoma Bombing?
Read the Final Report and realize that the fix is in for whatever next
"terrorist" event happens.
www.realityzone.com...

"..Compiled by Charles Key, former Oklahoma state representative and member of The Oklahoma Bombing Investigation Committee. Here is the product of six years of meticulous research showing that (1) the government had prior knowledge of the bombing, yet did nothing to alert the victims, (2) there were two teams of bombers, (3) the building was destroyed by bombs planted inside the building, not by the truck bomb outside, (4) the FBI concealed evidence of the bombs inside the building.."

Waco, Oklahoma bombing, first World Trade Center bombing, the 9/11
event... it doesn't really matter how many times this sort of thing happens
people still cry for more government. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think terrorists will be very suprised to see the American reaction in an assasination attempt, which is one of the current prominent thories. Its going to be very tough to shock us again since we are all mentally preparing ourselves for the absolute worst. What they would have to do is really hit targets that impact our daily lives to make a big dent. Maybe like a shopping mall or public transportation. Then people will be afraid to go to the places in fear of something happening. Now if they 'do' have nuclear capabilities it doesnt matter where, when or how they strike. We will be ruined as a nation and really pissed off. I fear our own reaction to the possibility of that happening more than the actual act itself. I personally know I would be grabbing the nearest rifle and making my way somewhere outside the US.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It is very interesting the difference in media reporting between the US & Britain. In Britain there is not the constant talk of possible targets or terror alerts just the usual crap such as who sven is sha&&ing at the moment

why is that? I'd like to think because we have previously lived through 30 or so years of irish (US Sponsored) terrorism with it's frequent bomb threats and of course WWII we are more used to this kind of thing although I know people who are afraid to go to london in case they die in a terror attack. I personally will not let any terrorist dictate how I live my life!

In the US you have always had a strong (possibly false) sense of security and the event of 9/11 obviously shattered that but your media has always been different for reasons I admit I dont understand?

It's pretty obvious who is winning TWAT and it's not the US

LL1

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They are using CONFUSION as a OPS tactic. The below message to a UK magazine is NOT NEW, but can give you excellent insight of the mindset of what we ARE up against, and it's not good :

�The Americans only have predictions and old intelligence left," the magazine quoted bin Qais as saying. "It will take them a long time to understand the new form of al-Qaeda."

The list of assassinations, the raid teams and the martyr operation squads are ready. The caches of weapons, ammunition, explosives and bombs are plentiful, and the authorities cannot uncover them," al-Ablaj wrote, according to the magazine.

�The Americans only have predictions and old intelligence left," the magazine quoted bin Qais as saying. "It will take them a long time to understand the new form of al-Qaeda."

"We will start by creating tensions to confuse the security services, then carry out major operations and lethal strikes."

Osama bin Laden has issued strong directives to launch a guerrilla war in all forms, on a long term, in the nations of the Gulf. . . . We are ready to carry out many, very large operations,"

Confusion is what they are working out of.... Confusing the authorities...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by LL1]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Do you know what magazine that was sent to ? any links available ?

I personally think that they ( the terrorist ) think that they're ready for another attack, however, I think Americans eyes are open, we're watching and waiting, I don't think another attack like September 11th, can be pulled off on American soil.

LL1

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Do you know what magazine that was sent to ? any links available ?

I personally think that they ( the terrorist ) think that they're ready for another attack, however, I think Americans eyes are open, we're watching and waiting, I don't think another attack like September 11th, can be pulled off on American soil.

Al-Majalla

www.sunnah.org...

An earlier message May 7 not published by Al-Majalla had said: �We are now ready and are organizing our groups as well as stocking up on arms. We are preparing for an intensive strategic course to make America pay for its invasion of Iraq. We are prepared to hit America as well as other targets, and it will happen soon and often, for we must inflict a mortal blow on the �Crusaders�. This is how we will liberate Iraq, God willing. You will be provided with the details soon. The martyrs are ready. The leadership and those who will direct operations have arrived. We have been waiting for the region to reach critical mass, and it has. What is important is that the matter will be resolved within a month at most.�

new topics

top topics

join