It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone in the world more boring than new parents? Get off my facebook! zzzz

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lacyisarobot
I guess I post a lot of stuff about my kid, but not as much bull as the folks who post pictures of every meal they eat.

I know!

Wtf is that about???

Although I suppose in the future it builds up into a kinda new version of the family album

But seriously

An empty plate, entitled "isnt my poopykins clever eating his whole meal.. yey for tom"

Is not something i care about!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK

I guess I post a lot of stuff about my kid, but not as much bull as the folks who post pictures of every meal they eat.

I know!

Wtf is that about???

Although I suppose in the future it builds up into a kinda new version of the family album

But seriously

An empty plate, entitled "isnt my poopykins clever eating his whole meal.. yey for tom"

I can't wait till I see some romantic comedy where the parents of 'boy' meet 'girl' for the first time and 'boy' gets embarrassed when he sees his mom and 'girl' huddled around a computer giggling at his naked baby photos.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, you can't stop your obsession with facebook, but you want to censor what people put so it is only of interest to you and not anybody else.
narcissist

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

I know!

Wtf is that about???

But seriously

I can't wait till I see some romantic comedy where the parents of 'boy' meet 'girl' for the first time and 'boy' gets embarrassed when he sees his mom and 'girl' huddled around a computer giggling at his naked baby photos.

They wont have too

As soon as the new girlfriend "friends" them no doubt the embarrasment of that will start straight away...

Actually

I feel a mass upload of pics and vids comming on

Im sure my son will thank me haha

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
So let me get this straight, you can't stop your obsession with facebook, but you want to censor what people put so it is only of interest to you and not anybody else.
narcissist

No I do not

This is a rant forum

Meant to be humourus

Get a sense of humour

Or jog on sista

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ok, in the defense of new parents, it is an awesome time, making another life is quite remmarkable, however, they do become obsessed and baby is everything, and when you have to go out, why does such a little person needs so much stuff.
New parents also seem to think theyre the first people ever to have a baby. You can always tell a new mother with the cuddling and swaddling in shawls, but by my second one i just used to just throw the baby over my shoulder firemans lift style.
And yes, these people are so boring but they do grow out of it, i promise.
I remember my one year old being invited to a fancy dress costrume and there was cowboys and fairies everywhere. So i decided to send mine as a punk rocker, i spiked her hair up, penciled in studs on the forehead, put her in a ripped t shirt with slightly objectable phrases on it and guess what, we didnt win the competition

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
ok, in the defense of new parents, it is an awesome time, making another life is quite remmarkable, however, they do become obsessed and baby is everything, and when you have to go out, why does such a little person needs so much stuff.
New parents also seem to think theyre the first people ever to have a baby. You can always tell a new mother with the cuddling and swaddling in shawls, but by my second one i just used to just throw the baby over my shoulder firemans lift style.
And yes, these people are so boring but they do grow out of it, i promise.
I remember my one year old being invited to a fancy dress costrume and there was cowboys and fairies everywhere. So i decided to send mine as a punk rocker, i spiked her hair up, penciled in studs on the forehead, put her in a ripped t shirt with slightly objectable phrases on it and guess what, we didnt win the competition

Some people have no sense of humour hey?

I agree, I have been there myself, the novelty soon wheres off especially fourth kid! Lol

Then when you find out you are pregnant you argue whose fault it was!

Facebook wasnt around during my kids first few years

I guess if it had of been I would have been that boring, sleep deprived baby junky myself

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Facebook has a very cool feature you might want to familiarize yourself with : UNFRIEND. Yup, that's right, just unfriend those people that post things you do not want to read. Problem solved and we can all go back to our normal programming.

By the way, dont you think your facebook wall would have been a more appropriate place for this rant?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Facebook has a very cool feature you might want to familiarize yourself with : UNFRIEND. Yup, that's right, just unfriend those people that post things you do not want to read. Problem solved and we can all go back to our normal programming.

By the way, dont you think your facebook wall would have been a more appropriate place for this rant?

ATS has a very cool forum you might not want to familiarize yourself with: OFFTOPIC: RANT. Yup, that's right, just show up and rant about whatever you want.

By the way, you sound like you went to see a stand up comic and got pissed because he didn't lecture on particle physics.
edit on 26-7-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I agree with the OP but its just the new technological wave resembling the old days - "Wanna see my kid!" - and whipping out a wallet 4 inches thick with pictures that hardly vary from one to the next

I always hated that
the worse part offline is having to nod and smile politely (even when the kid was ugly) - on FB you can just move on to the next post
Yay!!!

nothing bitter here - 2 awesome kids - never made anyone look at their pictures

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Seriously dude you are troubled. Get some help. You presented a problem, I told you how to fix it. No need to call me smart.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by xFiDgetx

Seriously dude you are troubled. Get some help. You presented a problem, I told you how to fix it. No need to call me smart.

In your 1st post you were being mildly antogonistic which i why I could not be bothered to reply.

But thanks for your humourless tip.

I never knew that! (Coz duhhhh im thick
)

But as the other poster said

I can post what I damn well choose with the t and c's

Thanks again mate

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Take your advice of "Get off my facebook!" except just delete the word "MY"

GET OFF FACEBOOK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16c90fb64db4.jpg[/atsimg]

Trust me, I got off it 6 months ago and I feel great!

Its easy to deactivate an account.

Ever tried deleting one?
I had facebook for about a month, my kids made me, i think i may have deactivated it now (she uses that phrase tentatively), there something about FB that i distrust implicity,l dont ask me to explain, just a bad feelinf.

Would not have the first clue how!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

My phone went off at 2am the other morning with a fb update telling me "awww, Saffron is cutr when she burps... Bless xxx"

I did not find it cute.

I did but it does not stop the updates comming when i log on

Sheesh

So did you log on or did your phone go off?

And this thread is exactly the kind of crap people post on FB, you are essentially doing the very thing you're complaining about.

Why even use facebook?

edit on 26/7/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
[more

I think someone went poopsy woopsy in his nappy and needs to go to bed.
Sheesh.
A girl cant joke without someone getting their boxers in a knot.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

My phone went off at 2am the other morning with a fb update telling me "awww, Saffron is cutr when she burps... Bless xxx"

I did not find it cute.

I did but it does not stop the updates comming when i log on

Sheesh

Deleted coz i sounded moronic and humourless

I piss myself off sometimes!
edit on 26-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

[more

I think someone went poopsy woopsy in his nappy and needs to go to bed.
Sheesh.
A girl cant joke without someone getting their boxers in a knot.

Now thats funny!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Can we hug and make up now? LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Can we hug and make up now? LOL

Sure honey, come give ole crankypants some sugar

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying...but I find many new parents...well....kind of sweet and funny,,,,,and wonderful! They are so into their babies....very loving...and caring....everything is important!...down to the last q-tip used. I rejoice in the fact that they are a family and they know how to love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join