It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone in the world more boring than new parents? Get off my facebook! zzzz

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
When I update facebook I do a quote or funny joke. Sometimes pictures, mainly so my family can see. That's about it.

I do have to say that I have friends who post too many things about their lives and what they're doing...it's like they never get off facebook, and now that you can do that crap on your phone people are status updating all over the place! UGH!

I also hate trying to figure out what some of the idiot people are trying to say.... I see a whole bunch of " Ima gets mi a news fone, an be texin mi mans alld nite longs he so sexi..." The worst part is I went to school with these people and they didn't write like that back then. Aparently it's the "cool" thing. It actually hurts my brain to try and read that crap.

Once I made a comment about it, and got bashed for being mean....Wow people are dumb, makes me so sad.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

I have only read the 1st page of your thread.
The answer to your question is..NEW GRANDPARENT'S!
This grandma doesn't do facebook.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

I agree with the OP 100%!!! But it's also Facebook in general that irks me, not just the new parents. $h!t half these people will tell you every step they make throughout the day. Joe Blow just checked into McDonald's...Joe Blow just ate a Big Mac....Joe Blow feels like crap now.....Joe Blow can't wait to go home and tell you about his cat Sniffles....

Seriously!?!? I can't believe anyone thinks it is bright to tell the world where they are checking in throughout the day. It must be a stalkers dream to have a resource such at Facebook. I will admit, I have an acct....who doesn't? But hell if I don't have my privacy features tuned up to the max.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
OMG I instantly thought of your rant today after waking up and getting online to check my email and FB messages.

MY GOD some of my friends who are new parents are driving me up the damn wall lately. I have had enough of pics and baby updates and "omg he pooped and it was so cute." Yea I had that in my feed last week...I don't think they would like it if I posted awe I pooped it was cute....

I mean one has posted three vids of her baby in the last hour. Another posts pics every hour it seems and then she literally posts every move her child makes since he was born.

I love my friends and I love kids but it is a bit much to SPAM everyone with it. We all know they had a kid and they aren't the last people on the planet to have kids, it happens. I know if i had kids I'd be proud but i wouldn't post their every waking movement for the world to see......Lets just make a nice how to for a potential nut case on the internet!

Some of these people don't think!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join