It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone in the world more boring than new parents? Get off my facebook! zzzz

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My two year old just told me that she that she would like to live in a dog cage. Some things are just too cute not to share with curmudgeons.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

You know you can control the time the updates are sent to your phone right? Why would you want to have updates 24/7? It's FB.

I do know what you mean. I had about 5 friends all have babies consecutively and the entire 9mths there were updates daily on every millimeter their belly grew or everytime the baby kicked. Now I get the same updates you are talking about and pictures of everything. It's not annoying it's more a less a slap in the face that I dont have kids and a reminder that I can't so I'd rather not see this day in and day out.

I still have a few friends now who are due in the winter...Yay!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Ditto. I have had enough of FB and only check peridocilally for any messages.
Cannot take one more "I have just had a delicious pizza" or "my dog has had a great walk and is tired out"
The biggest pet hate for me was people in the same house talking to each other on FB! Switch the computer off and turn around and tell them in person - reality is amazing really.

Catalyst was me putting another interesting real world topic on there - nothing too "odd" but not one person even commented - it was like a switch in my head that said oh well - no one here wants to wake from their comfortable little bubble world where they have no idea about reality and the crap going on all around them.
The thing is it is sad really - as others have said people are quite literally becoming vegetables with no ability to think beyond the mind numbing mundane like X Factor etc etc

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I understand what you are saying...but I find many new parents...well....kind of sweet and funny,,,,,and wonderful! They are so into their babies....very loving...and caring....everything is important!...down to the last q-tip used. I rejoice in the fact that they are a family and they know how to love.

Good for you! You sound like a loverly and caring person!

I dont lol

After 4 kids, the novelty has worn off!

To be honest babies are boring. All they do is cry, crap, eat and sleep.

But they are very cute to and can understand the whole deal,

But i have done my bit

Done the early mornings

Now my kids are nearly ready for college im looking forward to getting my house back.

Actually....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Ditto. I have had enough of FB and only check peridocilally for any messages.
Cannot take one more "I have just had a delicious pizza" or "my dog has had a great walk and is tired out"
The biggest pet hate for me was people in the same house talking to each other on FB! Switch the computer off and turn around and tell them in person - reality is amazing really.

Catalyst was me putting another interesting real world topic on there - nothing too "odd" but not one person even commented - it was like a switch in my head that said oh well - no one here wants to wake from their comfortable little bubble world where they have no idea about reality and the crap going on all around them.
The thing is it is sad really - as others have said people are quite literally becoming vegetables with no ability to think beyond the mind numbing mundane like X Factor etc etc

Fricken yeah!

I have friends too who fb each other from their own livingroom on how perfect their relationship is

They update on everything!

Even going to the toilet! I kid you not! But if they were that perfect then why are they on fb all the time and not each other??

Yeeee gads!

And tweeting???

I just dont get it???
edit on 27-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

You know you can control the time the updates are sent to your phone right? Why would you want to have updates 24/7? It's FB.

I do know what you mean. I had about 5 friends all have babies consecutively and the entire 9mths there were updates daily on every millimeter their belly grew or everytime the baby kicked. Now I get the same updates you are talking about and pictures of everything. It's not annoying it's more a less a slap in the face that I dont have kids and a reminder that I can't so I'd rather not see this day in and day out.

I still have a few friends now who are due in the winter...Yay!

Hey

Im sorry you cant have kids, you sound like you would be an awesome mom...

I feel bad for making this thread now..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

ha ha yes - twitter - don't even get me started on twitter!!
tweeting takes the inane crap to a whole new level - it encourages people to pnly write about having a coffee, or some other drivel.

Some real life examples:
Ex boss of mine in a starbucks with girlfriend - and he is sat there tweeting on his phone about how he is having a mochafrochachocab*****ks - rather than putting his phone away because no one cares - and actually speaking to the real, human person sat in front of him.
Brother's girlfriend - posts on Facebook how much she loves him?!?! No one else cares! Turn around and tell him instead.

Cousin talking with her mum - who she lives with - on facebook.

You know it just goes on and on and on really doesnt it. Before I decided to stop using it I had deleted some people off it, and hidden others who cannot stop themselves, but its still no good.

Facebook > Google+ > twitter
They take the encouraging people to become mindless drones to a whole new level.

In fact I have just made a thread on it as I thought about this side to the topic...
My Social Networking Thread

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK

Originally posted by Omega85
Sounds like someone is a little bitter ....

Have you been sterilized or chemically castrated or something ?

You know, they can reverse vasectomies now days ... Is that what your problem is ?

Or is it something else ?

Just curious .

Nope

Got 4 kids of my own and did not bug everyone with fb updates every 2 seconds raising them..

Seriously

My phone went off at 2am the other morning with a fb update telling me "awww, Saffron is cutr when she burps... Bless xxx"

I did not find it cute.

SERIOUSLY??????????

You have your phone set to alert you to Facebook updates.....then you get pissed when it wakes you at 2 AM?

If you only jump on every once in a while to cheak messages why do you need a mobile alert?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK

Originally posted by Omega85
Sounds like someone is a little bitter ....

Have you been sterilized or chemically castrated or something ?

You know, they can reverse vasectomies now days ... Is that what your problem is ?

Or is it something else ?

Just curious .

Nope

Got 4 kids of my own and did not bug everyone with fb updates every 2 seconds raising them..

Seriously

My phone went off at 2am the other morning with a fb update telling me "awww, Saffron is cutr when she burps... Bless xxx"

I did not find it cute.

SERIOUSLY??????????

You have your phone set to alert you to Facebook updates.....then you get pissed when it wakes you at 2 AM?

If you only jump on every once in a while to cheak messages why do you need a mobile alert?

Will you let me have a "safe" good ole bitchin session??

ITS A RANT FORUM

Some people take these things wayyyy too seriously and too literally

*facepalm*

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Lol I know exactly what you mean, I have a few people on my FB like that

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

having a mochafrochachocabollocks

I nearly spat my coffee out at that lol

Am having a pretentious and expensive coffee as we speak in my office lol

I totally agree though..

what ever happened to keeping yourself to yourself??

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

No don't feel bad!

I will adopt one day and my bf has two kids so it's fine, but I'd still like my own in the form of adoption. There are plenty of kids who need a home and family.

I think it's silly that these people post every waking minute of their kids life on FB! One had pics MINS after birth up! Another had pics of her stillborn. I mean some things just shouldn't be shared online!

Oh THEN I get the invites and U2Us telling me to vote for their kid in some picture contest. I don't care and please stop hounding me to do so! When they start reading and commenting the important things I post in regards to the economy then MAYBE I'll consider voting for their kid. Its amazing how someone who you haven't really talked to lately will be up your arse about voting for their kid in some contest. Omg those really drive me crazy! I posted a petition for military benefits for spouses and not ONE of them signed it. I didn't hound them so they shouldn't hound me and sad thing is some of them would have BENEFITED from that petition signing if it goes through!

I love kids and don't feel bad about this thread, it made me laugh because I soooooo get it and just want to tell my friends to give it a damn rest for a while.

In a sense I also dont think it's very safe for them to be posting so much online about their babies habits. I'd want to protect my child not let everyone know every little thing about them.

So yes I get this rant and I loved it! This morning my feed was nothing but your rant in the form of pics and one liners...Oh look "Preston slept 3 hrs and now I need a nap" or " Preston smiled" or "Awe Preston is just so cute, isnt he"

Yeah those are the kinds of things I see all day long between all the ones who just had babies...then one friend literally posts pics of her kids in the most awkward positions...Her boys will kill her later on!

My own sister put my nephew who is 4 in one of his favorite outfits from when he was like 1 or 2. It was a train conductor outfit. It was so BAD, he looked horrible. It was tight and short and she just laughed, "oh look doesnt he look cute in his favorite outfit." My comment was "Id kill you if you were my mother" That is just so wrong!

Ok now i feel like Im ranting hahaha...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think you should delete these people of you facebook, or there is a option to hide or block somebody that irritates you. Get control back over your facebook, because facebook can be great. And don't let people tell you to get off there because is you choice what you choose to put on there, im on facebook all day, i get rsoe edis updates every time something happens, hey i even got ats updates on there.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This post reminded me of the 1st post on my fb this morning, & thought I'd share-
"Oh yuk. The ugly family over the road are all awake"
Lol WTH???
I should add this comes from a very vain gay friend of mine

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Of course it's crushingly boring for you, but it's all new and wonderful for them. People can go from completely sane to gagagogo talking baby bores the instant they have a child. Let them be - babies aren't babies for long.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule
I know it sucks but you have facebook to begin with, this is what facebook was meant for.

A little bit of an idea; facebook was not made to dumb us down. Not at all.

Facebook was made because we are dumb. It was made for us.

Why do people continue to attribute human nature to the agenda of some nefarious intent.

We are facebook people... If you are not, count yourself lucky. You managed to escape the mould.

If you see a niche and you profit from it, somehow you become a ruler, instead of someone who sees failure(or feature) in human society...

ironic.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
One thing I do find highly entertaining are the "facebook romances and flirts"

A goodlooking (attention seeking) woman on my fb page simply wrote;

"Feeling hot" and the ravenous lusty (usually married) wolves pounced and the smutt commenced!

120 replies of flirty filth. (Some funny stuff tho)

And of course those budding romances, the endless posting of vids to love songs, crap poetry (usually lyrics from a crap song), the vomit enducing sickly sweet messages during commenting on others posts

Highly entertaining.

And of course those facebook break-ups/divorces/arguements where everyone gets to see the dirty laundry of those involved.

Then there are messages addressed to no one in particular, like this from the weekend (edited because of profanity
"You know who you are you c***, your fake ass clothes and make up! F@###g tango'd slut! STAY AWAY OR I WILL F### YOU UP!!!! XXXXX".

Ahem.. There are kids who see this!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
This post reminded me of the 1st post on my fb this morning, & thought I'd share-
"Oh yuk. The ugly family over the road are all awake"
Lol WTH???
I should add this comes from a very vain gay friend of mine

A relative of mine wrote , "got my crayons izzit, gonna mash up tha day homies"

He is now blocked!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Im also just as irritated with facebook, especially of 50% of women on my friendlist since every status they have is about their husbands or boyfriends! I mean do we have to know every little aspect of what you two are about to do? Cant see why anyone would comment on a status they hear practicly everyday

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more.....

The problem.... when people have that first child they seem to think that everyone is as amazed as them to see everything that happens, from birth, to about, say 18 years old...... now, initially, yes, we are all impressed that you managed to conceive, and that you managed the gestation period effectively, and that you managed to push it out of that little, wonderful, life giving and pleasure giving hole that you have.... but please realise, that this initial interest only tends to last a few weeks for most people... at which point they are really not as interested as you!!

I can understand the sentiment of the parents..... but they don't seem to understand that not everyone is as amazed when their little "miracle", (And while I am here....I'm sorry, but childbirth is not a miracle, it is a biological process, that needs to be policed more effectively in my humble opinion).

"Childbirth is no more a miracle then eating food and a turd coming out of your ass" Bill Hicks

Problem is, they just can't see past their own excitement....... added to the narcissistic nature of society and facebook as a concept, we are left to hear everything....

I am sure I will be just as excited when my little Jonny, (metaphorical), does his first poo, or says his first swear word... but I certainly won't feel the need to share this information with people that I haven't seen for 10 years......

PA

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join