It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamieIrony, you wouldn't have the internet if it weren't for the British, we made the computer. Shove that in your troll post and smoke it!

O.o - I was lead to belive that Al Gore invented the internet; are you telling me he is British?

Meh, nevermind - it's believable enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

the longer you are drawing breath the more people you are going to meet right here in the USA that are ashamed of what our government directs our military to do, and rightly so. patriotism is a motivational tool used to sway young people to join the military, thinking they are going to help, to make a difference, to do the right thing. in the years to come you will meet young veterans who have been there done that and found out they were horribly mislead.

as the years go by you will see the trend for our politicians to say one thing and do another time and time again. you will realize every day working slobs take it up the pipe cradle to grave while the rich and the powerful do as they damn well please, regardless of what may be good for the voters, the taxpayers, the old, the young, the ill, the veterans, the homeless, etcetera.

some day you will read what The Federal Reserve is supposed to do and have done, then you can find out what they actually did.

some day you may read what Foreign Aid really is. it's right on our .gov website and it's enough to make one vomit.

America is probably the most vile, sinful, horrible country of the world. we are responsible for more death, destruction, suffering, chaos, manipulation, unending greed and unchecked piggish consumption than any other country. that we citizens don't rise up and kill the evil overlords of politics, finance and many corporate structures leaves cartoon strip-like swirl marks constantly appearing above my perplexed, furrowed brow.

buy a few newspapers and read about how many shootings and killings took place in America last weekend. people in other countries see and read news about this country. can you imagine what they must think? most people do not live like we do.

turn on your big screen TV and check out how many Reality TV shows depict and glorify the absolute worst human behavior. many countries don't allow many American TV programs to air for fear their people will turn into pieces of crap as well.

you don't have to look outside America to find why this country is hated. ask the millions of native people that were slaughtered and ask the surviving Indians what has become of their land, their cultures, their people. read up on what the USA government has done for those people.

go to Wal-Mart after Wal-Mart across America and admire the herds of overweight white trash grazing on cheap imported products while their sticky-faced overfed crotchfruit run amuck up and down the aisles.

It's those low, low prices, man. That's why everybody hates America.

I like your honesty and much of what you say is true.
Can the US change what foreigners think of them..?????? ...only time will tell.
I read in another post here that only 25% of Americans have a passport. Now, THAT is interesting and does enforce the general concept that the US have very little actual experience of other countries culture. Travel really does broaden ones horizons, but those who have never been outside, should be the first to have their lips sown together, as nothing valuable will be contributed. BTW, I have traveled and have a passport too.
The other factor I find hard to accept is America's fascination with guns. Everytime there is talk about "gun control".........BLAM.....the Constitution comes up. It's the be and end all of the discussion. Very few realise how the "gun" has dominated America in every facet. It's been the cause of near annihilation of Native Indians and native animals(bison). What other country boasts a record like that.? There may be one or two more.
Other countries have taken big steps in a way to ensure it's citizens are more protected by enacting laws in the use and sale of weapons, guns particularly. Yes, there's always those who will resist and cause carnage.
The US could make a great image reversal, were it to implement such a scheme, but I doubt it will ever happen.
The US Govt is also to blame politically with much of the "unrest' that exists not only today, but of past years and decades. Many will and should call it Bully boy tactics. Since they became a major power, it has played God and there are many stories of countries being overthrown with the aid of US might, yet no one can tell the US how it should be run.

On the other hand, hatred of the US also stems from success and there are always others who want the prize, but aren't willing to do the hard labour.
Think of winning Lotto and see how many friends you instantly have.
The US have always(up-to-now) had a strong economy and is/was expected to give "generously" to any Nation in need.
The US wasn't always a rich Nation, having gone through Wars even from it's earliest days. WOI was one that stretched the coffers.

Envy is a curse.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
To OP

As an expert in Iranian history, the legend of US died after 1922 when the helpless government of Iran try to break off form tyranny of British Empire and the Russian Tsar.

At that time we believed the US is the model to follow up and can be trusted. History shows other side of the coin to us all.

So the story of the lying bastards! Never trust these 3 axis of evil. One of them is USA. This freaking (jomhorie Islami) (Islamic republic) was actually planned by the British empire back in 1900 from Libya up to Tibet heights in Himalaya called the (green belts).

No one hated the US until they started to get their hands dirty…

edit on 27-7-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
little weeinie syndrome.

america rules and u guys drool.

comm on get up, take your best shot.

take over the big dog's job.

if that ever happened, this world would be in a world of hurt.

"not an all out range war, but a lot of killin' , a lot of killin"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

then u can tell us about iran and germany.

ww2?

no prob, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by amkia

then u can tell us about iran and germany.

ww2?

no prob, right?

What about Iran and Germany..? At that time Iran was (neutral) like Switzerland and Sweden but our stand was not respected and the whole damn country was occupied by the British and Russian troops left and right.

What about Germany then..?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Taurean27

you do realize how big america is, right?

purple mountains and waves of grain, sea to shining sea.

i have friends who never left the state.

so what.

your podunk countries are the size of our back yards.

and when we have to pay big money to see the stupid pigeons in vatican sq, or take a chance of getting killed in egypt by millitants or GI distress in almost everywhere. what do you think?

i suppose you drink bottled water in the states?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

palavi's dad hooked up with hitler.

wtf? he thought he could keep them out of the war.

for oil.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
We are hated for our freedom..
No, its more like, do as we say, or listen to our aircraft fly overhead dropping Jdams. Empires become empires, not by being nice, but by conquering and controlling. It has been that way since antiquity. "Team America, World Police"

Deebo

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
From all the interesting threads that mods close .... for whatever reason this completely idiotic show off continues open, pouring all the concentrated stupidity of ATS into one thread.

Seriously... close this crap, please.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by amkia

for oil.

His name was (Reza shah) the first Pahlavi make sure you spell his name right you ignorant (at least show some respect).

Then again.. at that time Iran was to break off from tyranny of the British and Russian Empire (you know what kind of a jerks the were “and still are”).

Again.. what about the Germany..?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
And the oil yes... Some thing that the British Empire stole for a long time from the Iranian people.

And then in1953.. The #ing Americans showed their true face of what you call (the American friendship) to the Iranian.

Now what about Germans..?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why to the people that run it attack us?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia

reply to post by amkia

for oil.

His name was (Reza shah) the first Pahlavi make sure you spell his name right you ignorant (at least show some respect).

Then again.. at that time Iran was to break off from tyranny of the British and Russian Empire (you know what kind of a jerks the were “and still are”).

Again.. what about the Germany..?

oooooooooooh forgot the H. that's what i asked you.

i just said it and u give me a spelling lesson.

after the war, WW2, ya the russians and britain moved in like sharks on a dead whale.

so tell us the german connection.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
be warned!!!

this is only a trailer with the usual quips accentuated to make it interesting.

www.youtube.com...

you can find the rest yo sef.

big chunk taken out of yt!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I'm from Australia and i think our Government is just as # as the US. We all need a re-election

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
sorry, appeasement for the germans did not work, shah pahlavi sided with the west.

now ya got itollya's.

you got to be younger than born in 79' right?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Because Americans are a painfully arrogant race.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Brad-H because: blooper

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I'm from Australia and i think our Government is just as # as the US. We all need a re-election

No, we need a new system that does not allow parties..

Ohh, and doesn't let an Irish redhead become PM..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Taurean27

you do realize how big america is, right?

purple mountains and waves of grain, sea to shining sea.

i have friends who never left the state.

so what.

your podunk countries are the size of our back yards.

and when we have to pay big money to see the stupid pigeons in vatican sq, or take a chance of getting killed in egypt by millitants or GI distress in almost everywhere. what do you think?

i suppose you drink bottled water in the states?

I've been to the States.....RIGHT??????
.......and it ain't the biggest country in the World......RIGHT?
You & your friends who have never been in the REAL outside world, need to do exactly that.!

Yawl little ol' state o' Texass(podunk), fit's into muh State 7 times.
It takes me three(3) days to get to the mailbox.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Taurean27 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join