It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The US gov is the main reason other citizens of earth may be hostile towards US in general.

That and hollywood.

In hollywood, the bad guy is always jonny foreigner and the good ole US always saves the world. I have family in US and know it is a wonderful place to live. I also notice that the film industry has some affect on how some susceptible Americans perceive themselves and their place in the world. This is often perceived as arrogance. There are also many reasons to value and defend US principles.

I love Americans as I love all my brothers and sisters on our planet, I know why Brits are disliked, and why we are loved.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I am very proud to see that there is some one admitting these facts.

You are so right about TV shows and culture.

thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
acutally computers existed long ago

how people define a computer or modern computer is what the arguement is all about

whats on it hows its used and someone trying to get rich off it.

made the computer revolution possible which also made the internet revolution possible.

a computer is nothing but a box the content people pay and want on it drove its success.

bill gates to 1943 and the us eniac to chinas ababcus.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

However, the reason Americans get flack on ATS is mainly because of your foreign policy and what many outside America see as an increasing corporatism taking over the country. People outside of the US are also concerned that when America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold.

dun dun dun!! Bingo.

Ive been all over the world in my adult life and have never experienced "hate" because Im an American. In fact, Ive had the pleasure of building close lifetime relationships with non-Americans. My most eye opening experiences were in Iran and Israel. They are just like us there.. and are held hostage as much as we are by our own govt. They are not scary browns and many were more "anglo looking" than I am!

Here on ATS there are pathetic little folks who DO attack or degrade if you are identified as an American.. but thats a very very small slice of the pie and honestly means nothing. To me anyway.

If we did a few things that would initially be painful for other countries, we could get our own under control and not meddle in others affairs. It would not be welcomed at first, but when we fund and give.. we tend to need to call the shots. If we withdrew all foreign aid and reworked our criteria on what our priorities are concerning it.. countries would feel as if they were not under our thumb. Our first smart move would be to withdraw from NATO and denounce the UN.. but thats just my crazy ramblings !

As far as the constitution.. it was crafted by those who are not indigenous americans
You Brits spawned some great revolutionaries.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well to be fair, America did attack the rest of the world first, now you are crying foul?

edit on 26-7-2011 by BJBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Believe it or not the internet was created by Robert Cailliau( a belgian ), and sir tim berner lee

inventor internet

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Most people like Americans in general

And that is because they behave so modestly , and they think that they are equal with other human beings. that is why they like Americans even more than their GOV.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Internet was created by physicists...the very basic computers were made..well thought of thousands of years ago.

People do not attack today's citizens of America....they attack America and it's long list of actions thy carried out in the past.

Who wouldn't attack America for dropping a nuclear bomb twice in Japan? Who wouldn't condemn America and it's military in Afghanistan for brutal tragedies we hear of rape and attack to citizens? Who wouldn't attack America and what they did to Red Indians...what they did to the animals all over the world?

America is represented by people. It is people that have given America a bad name. And remember...people forget the good stuff yet always remember the bad.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

Believe it or not the internet was created by Robert Cailliau( a belgian ), and sir tim berner lee

inventor internet

Stop derailing the thread with facts.

If America didn't invent it, the Nazis did.

Keep up will ya.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
seems to me, Americans are brainwashed into thinking Americans invented/discovered everything first, like powered flight for instance, this will be a shock:- first powered aircraft flight took place at a village called chard, in the county of Somerset, in England (UK) in1848, the aircraft was steam powered! the second flight took place in Waitohi, new Zealand, march the 31st 1902, the flight all Americans love, the third one, took place on December the 17, 1903,
this is just one instance, I will now go and hide in my specially built bunker for a week, so please do not expect any replies to any comments directed at this post

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You ever heard of the Charles Babbage? American he is Not.

English he is, and inventor of the first computer.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BJBob

yeah alright tell that to this guy

www.tech-faq.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by BJBob

yeah alright tell that to this guy

www.tech-faq.com...

I only believe wikipedia links.

I cannot trust that so called FAQ domain.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Who wouldn't attack America and what they did to Red Indians...what they did to the animals all over the world?

America is represented by people. It is people that have given America a bad name. And remember...people forget the good stuff yet always remember the bad.

That actually started with the Spanish in 1492. America wasnt an entity then. Several countries participated in the "red indian" issue.
Before America existed, there were atrocities, genocide, and warlording... we certainly dont have the corner of the market on it. I will agree that we have done wrong.. its obvious and only a fool would deny it. Each country is guilty of things such as this. However, to call for the death of our citizens due to actions of previous generations and sitting administrations is disgusting.

I am 100% first generation off the rez Siksika (Blackfeet) and last time I checked, I wasnt red. If I ran around hating on my fellow Americans ( actually..erm.. spanish, british,Catholics in particular, etc) for sins of the fathers aka past generations.. Id be a pathetic human being and absolutely ignorant of history.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People outside the US attack America because your gov't is attacking people outside of America. Newton's 3rd law. What they don't understand is that it IS the gov't. Not the people. Oh, wait, what about elections? This is another thing they don't understand. American's really don't have a choice when voting. Both parties are bought and paid for. They may change from Rep to Dem or the other way around but the agenda of those REALLY in power continues. It's out of the voters hands.

Americans? Great people. I'm going back down next week to enjoy their company. Their gov't? Don't get me started.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BJBob

en.wikipedia.org...

ARPANET, the predecessor of the Internet

too funny "i only trust wikipedia"

en.wikipedia.org...

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET), was the world's first operational packet switching network and the core network of a set that came to compose the global Internet.

edit on 26-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ahh my bad sorry.

Yea..every country has this yet I m not sure.to what extent compared to America.

I do not at all agree with what is happening to the citizens there...they have had nothing to do with America's actions at all. Their aid now from other countries are determined politically which is rather sad.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by BJBob

en.wikipedia.org...

ARPANET, the predecessor of the Internet

too funny "i only trust wikipedia"

en.wikipedia.org...

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET), was the world's first operational packet switching network and the core network of a set that came to compose the global Internet.

Since it wasn't posted via an Ipad or Iphone or Android...

I doubt those links authenticy.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BJBob

nice americans companies are needed to verfiy authenticity

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by BJBob

nice americans companies are needed to verfiy authenticity

Actually they are made in China.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join